What's your best plausible scenario...?

Rocker

Fair points. However exactly what is the non-fiction? Do you know exactly what did or didn't go down? Do you know the truth?

He made it up but even then it's still a possibility. None of us are truly privy to what happened are we?

This isn't an anti-Keegan or indeed an anti-Ashley post. Just saying.

You're right, the truth could be the post in question, the opposite to that post or anywhere between the two.

"not to be taken seriously" is the key phrase in that post. the fact that some of you are arse licking the blatant bullshit as if it was true says a lot about the agendas at play.

I usually like what you have to say but that is absolute bullshit. The mere idea that a percentage of you dont even consider the other side of the coin, let alone let other people look at the other side of the coin without being lablelled an "arse licker" is quite frankly embarressing.

who says people aren't understanding the other side of the coin? people have their own views but that lad has posted a FICTIONAL SCENARIO where he meets ashley on the train and hears this stuff.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

understand? it's made up, it's not real. the poster even said "not to be taken seriously" for god's sake. as a piece of fiction it's a good laugh, not a realistic depiction of events.  i'd be embarrased for whoever took it as fact or a good reading of the situation.

Fair points. However exactly what is the non-fiction? Do you know exactly what did or didn't go down? Do you know the truth?

He made it up but even then it's still a possibility. None of us are truly privy to what happened are we?

This isn't an anti-Keegan or indeed an anti-Ashley post. Just saying.

maybe God came down from the heavens and possessed keegan's soul, causing him to walk out on the club and join a religious cult.

we'll never know! maybe we should become agnostics on every single issue, as there's no way we'll ever be in possession of all the facts.

alternatively you can try and get an overall view of the bigger picture by looking at various snippets and news and events that have occured to build a picture, however incomplete, of the state of the club and what's caused problems. personally i dont think keegan would walk out and cause problems for no reason, but that there'd be a root cause. and it's likely the root cause was the same that has caused managers like redknapp, deschamps and curbishley to do the same as keegan - interference from the board, in whatever guise that may be.

"not to be taken seriously" is the key phrase in that post. the fact that some of you are arse licking the blatant bullshit as if it was true says a lot about the agendas at play.

I usually like what you have to say but that is absolute bullshit. The mere idea that a percentage of you dont even consider the other side of the coin, let alone let other people look at the other side of the coin without being lablelled an "arse licker" is quite frankly embarressing.

who says people aren't understanding the other side of the coin? people have their own views but that lad has posted a FICTIONAL SCENARIO where he meets ashley on the train and hears this stuff.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

understand? it's made up, it's not real. the poster even said "not to be taken seriously" for god's sake. as a piece of fiction it's a good laugh, not a realistic depiction of events.  i'd be embarrased for whoever took it as fact or a good reading of the situation.

:lol: :lol: :lol:  :doh:

Is that your angle? Im not sure whats more embarressing, people believing taking that story for fact, or you believing that people are taking that story as fact purely becasue they acknolwedge that what s/he has described about Keegan is concievable.

new owner, dont care who. Continental manager is appointed and quickly announces that Taylor, Butt, Duff and Smith have been released. Owen is told to sign a contract for £80K or fuck off

As long as we keep Cacapa you say?

who says people aren't understanding the other side of the coin? people have their own views but that lad has posted a FICTIONAL SCENARIO where he meets ashley on the train and hears this stuff.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is that your angle? Im not sure whats more embarressing, people believing taking that story for fact, or you believing that people are taking that story as fact purely becasue they acknolwedge that what s/he has described about Keegan is concievable.

when i say taken as fact i mean the keegan-ashley bit, not the stuff about the train. "a good reading of the situation" = "acknowledge that what s/he had described about kegan is concievable" the fact he has presented the reading in the form of a silly 'script' just shows how light-hearted it is supposed to be. as a factual interpretation it is laughably bad with numerous holes, but again, that's not really the point, is it? this is a thread about imaginary scenarios, not objective reasoned analyses.

maybe God came down from the heavens and possessed keegan's soul, causing him to walk out on the club and join a religious cult.

we'll never know! maybe we should become agnostics on every single issue, as there's no way we'll ever be in possession of all the facts.

alternatively you can try and get an overall view of the bigger picture by looking at various snippets and news and events that have occured to build a picture, however incomplete, of the state of the club and what's caused problems. personally i dont think keegan would walk out and cause problems for no reason, but that there'd be a root cause. and it's likely the root cause was the same that has caused managers like redknapp, deschamps and curbishley to do the same as keegan - interference from the board, in whatever guise that may be.

Maybe not all, but more, you'd hope.

Things certainly look a particular way, granted. I'll wait to see such things confirmed before I interpret them as the genuine truth is all. I think this is a case of conflicting ideas, and as the man at the top it looks like Ashley is ultimately responsible despite his likely good intentions.

when i say taken as fact i mean the keegan-ashley bit, not the stuff about the train. "a good reading of the situation" = "acknowledge that what s/he had described about kegan is concievable" the fact he has presented the reading in the form of a silly 'script' just shows how light-hearted it is supposed to be. as a factual interpretation it is laughably bad with numerous holes, but again, that's not really the point, is it? this is a thread about imaginary scenarios, not objective reasoned analyses.

Are you for real?

So you're categorically saying that none of that is concievable?

For whats it worth i dont agree with everything that is said in his story, but i do think that some of it could be very true. True enough to undermine some of the blind faith that a stupid amount fo people put into Keegan.

new owner, dont care who. Continental manager is appointed and quickly announces that Taylor, Butt, Duff and Smith have been released. Owen is told to sign a contract for £80K or f*** off

As long as we keep Cacapa you say?

i dont despise him like the above. He'll be off soon anyway

I read the "script" as a total piss take of the situation and nothing to debate other than something to have a laugh at, I can't see the problem with it and don't see anything to argue about as it wasn't meant to be his version of what actually happened.

Are you for real?

For whats it worth i dont agree with everything that is said in his story, but i do think that some of it could be very true. True enough to undermine some of the blind faith that a stupid amount fo people put into Keegan.

not particularly.

i'd point out a couple of points sidetracking the thread a bit to emphasise just how daft and mistake ridden the account is. though it;s to be expected, it's lighthearted speculation, not supposed to be a good, analytic reading of what happened.

first -the bit about ashley clearing the debts - he made numerous contradictory statements about that based on what he thought the fans wanted to hear. first saying the club had cleared its debt, second that club didnt owe a penny to anyone and then, when he was begging for mercy, saying the club still owed loads. then harris confirmed the club had debts. shows that the referenced post got that wrong, and we can probably assume ashley is a liar on that issue.

second - it says keegan phoned ashley wanting the job and saying he needed people to help him on the transfer front. well mort said the club contacted keegan through an acquiantance who said 'you'd be lucky' as to keegan's chances. so that's wrong.

third - ferdinand cost less than coloccini. pretty simple fact to know, pretty fundamental error to make, totally undermines the point made.

fourth - the post says keegan was presented with a list of players and didnt want anyone, that we went out and signed jonas and colo and then keegan left. well for starters, it's chronologically wrong, keegan looked happy after jonas and colo came in, particularly enthused about Jonas. the problems seemed to worsen later in the window. it's a very crude simplification (again, cos its a lighthearted post) that misses out the critical time period.

just a brief start there, wont even get started on the kind of stuff it omits. but shows how, and i hate to be a broken record, that it is something to laugh at, not something to read and go "hmm, seems like a reasoned interpretation of events, spot on"

Guest Johnny Clay

I'd quite like it if Ashley's best efforts to get us relegated and completely ruin the club didn't quite come off - we just about escape, he sells the club to someone who has a clue, this person appoints a few on the board who at least have an idea about what their job might entail (as opposed to being cocksockets who happen to be his mates) , then things improve.

Plus I jump up and down on Wise's head till he dies then kill LLambias. As it were  :coolsmiley:

I'd quite like it if Ashley's best efforts to get us relegated and completely ruin the club didn't quite come off

Yeah, I'm sure those were his intentions. You'd think if anyone was, it would have been the previous board who were more likely to "ruin the club" but let's not get into that.

I'd quite like it if Ashley's best efforts to get us relegated and completely ruin the club didn't quite come off - we just about escape, he sells the club to someone who has a clue, this person appoints a few on the board who at least have an idea about what their job might entail (as opposed to being cocksockets who happen to be his mates) , then things improve.

Plus I jump up and down on Wise's head till he dies then kill LLambias. As it were  :coolsmiley:

Why kill Wise first?

He was only doing the job that the second person you'd kill told him to do, Kill Llambias first.

not particularly.

i'd point out a couple of points sidetracking the thread a bit to emphasise just how daft and mistake ridden the account is. though it;s to be expected, it's lighthearted speculation, not supposed to be a good, analytic reading of what happened.

first -the bit about ashley clearing the debts - he made numerous contradictory statements about that based on what he thought the fans wanted to hear. first saying the club had cleared its debt, second that club didnt owe a penny to anyone and then, when he was begging for mercy, saying the club still owed loads. then harris confirmed the club had debts. shows that the referenced post got that wrong, and we can probably assume ashley is a liar on that issue.

second - it says keegan phoned ashley wanting the job and saying he needed people to help him on the transfer front. well mort said the club contacted keegan through an acquiantance who said 'you'd be lucky' as to keegan's chances. so that's wrong.

third - ferdinand cost less than coloccini. pretty simple fact to know, pretty fundamental error to make, totally undermines the point made.

fourth - the post says keegan was presented with a list of players and didnt want anyone, that we went out and signed jonas and colo and then keegan left. well for starters, it's chronologically wrong, keegan looked happy after jonas and colo came in, particularly enthused about Jonas. the problems seemed to worsen later in the window. it's a very crude simplification (again, cos its a lighthearted post) that misses out the critical time period.

just a brief start there, wont even get started on the kind of stuff it omits. but shows how, and i hate to be a broken record, that it is something to laugh at, not something to read and go "hmm, seems like a reasoned interpretation of events, spot on"

Factually pretty much fair points and I'm not disagreeing with them but my original post to you was more a case of me saying that there are still certain things that we don't know about. As I'm sure you're aware.

Just saying.

I read the "script" as a total piss take of the situation and nothing to debate other than something to have a laugh at, I can't see the problem with it and don't see anything to argue about as it wasn't meant to be his version of what actually happened.

that's what i thought Mick, but there you go.

not particularly.

Factually pretty much fair points and I'm not disagreeing with them but my original post to you was more a case of me saying that there are still certain things that we don't know about. As I'm sure you're aware.

Just saying.

i agree. i'm sure keegan isnt blameless as he can be hot-headed at times but i prefer to look beyond the personality stuff to the root causes which as far as i can tell was board interference, systematic in this case. ashley prioritised this above the manager as for him the most important thing was value for money, making the club profitable and refusing to lose any money (ie fund transfers) rather than on field success which was very much secondary and that is something i thought even before the keegan thing flared up so isnt out of partisanship for KK.

Guest Johnny Clay

I'd quite like it if Ashley's best efforts to get us relegated and completely ruin the club didn't quite come off

Yeah, I'm sure those were his intentions. You'd think if anyone was, it would have been the previous board who were more likely to "ruin the club" but let's not get into that.

I think what I posted was as 'plausible' as others did (in the spirit of the thread etc).

Still, if you think Mike Ashley is doing well here then we disagree.

i agree. i'm sure keegan isnt blameless as he can be hot-headed at times but i prefer to look beyond the personality stuff to the root causes which as far as i can tell was board interference, systematic in this case. ashley prioritised this above the manager as for him the most important thing was value for money, making the club profitable and refusing to lose any money (ie fund transfers) rather than on field success which was very much secondary and that is something i thought even before the keegan thing flared up so isnt out of partisanship for KK.

We don't know what part Ashley has played in this other than to know he doesn't have a day to day role at the club, he wasn't even in the country when that shitty statement appeared on the club site, he was in New York.

I've defended people who work for me in public and blasted them in private.

Guest Johnny Clay

Why kill Wise first?

He was only doing the job that the second person you'd kill told him to do, Kill Llambias first.

You serious? I doubt Llambias was ordering Wise about from that casino he worked in before Ashley decided he was the ideal person to run our club.

You serious? I doubt Llambias was ordering Wise about from that casino he worked in before Ashley decided he was the ideal person to run our club.

We didn't have a problem when Llambias ran the casino.

Are you for real?

not particularly.

Ok i can see why you would believe that i thought that story might be true - what you;ve said is all correct but you're still treating the story as an actual account, im not saying they are but i do believe that certain aspects are potentially true on a less scrutiniable scale - for example Keegan not wanting theplayers suggested to him and even suggesting high profule players, i beleive they could be true - and i feel that they are the main reasons that things fell apart. Thats why i feel Keegan is more responsible....

Anyway the threads getting side tracked.

Bored Multi billionaire new owner willing to lavish money on the club - just so the prima donna nufc fans have little to complain about...

Guest Johnny Clay

We didn't have a problem when Llambias ran the casino.

I'm not sure if that's quite true, but we do have one or two very severe problems now - coincidentally (or not possibly) since this outfit arrived.

Make light of the threat of relegation if you like though.