What's your best plausible scenario...?

Rocker

Ideally I'd become a multi-billionaire somehow and buy the club myself.

Appoint NE5 as manager (on the condition that he legally has his name changed to NE5), give him a massive wedge of money to spend, and let him run with it as he sees fit.

Not particularly plausible, but it'd be awesome nonetheless.

Guest mackas86

no takeover occurs, ashley realises the deep shite we are in, kinnear stays for the season, come january ashley makes some petty cash available for 1 or 2 additions as he realises relegation is a strong possibility, we get kind home draws in the fa cup and go on a decent cup run, which in turn boosts confidence and gives us something to cheer about and come the end of the season we avoid relegation by a couple of places. This is all said with slight pessimism i know but but thats the way i feel :no:

no takeover occurs, ashley realises the deep shite we are in, kinnear stays for the season, come january ashley makes some petty cash available for 1 or 2 additions as he realises relegation is a strong possibility, we get kind home draws in the fa cup and go on a decent cup run, which in turn boosts confidence and gives us something to cheer about and come the end of the season we avoid relegation by a couple of places. This is all said with slight pessimism i know but but thats the way i feel :no:

As bad as that sounds, if avoiding relegation is the end result I'll be very relieved.

Heres my "script"

Im on a train to london from newcastle, in first class cos work paid and im eyeballing this fat bloke sat two rows down cos he look suspicously like ashley. Cant be him tho, hed have a chauffuer or summert. Next stop, on gets a little angry bloke and embraces fat bloke before he takes up a seat opposite. Its wisey. Now as a toon fan I cant let this opportunity to tell them both what i think of them pass. But I want to make sure I get a fair hearing so i put away the bat idea and decide the ego stroking root is best.

I walks over to mike and offer him a hand "Im a toon fan Mike and Id like to say thanks for clearing off all our debts"

he goes a bit red but grins, angry wise says nowt. I continue " Shame about how things have turned out, cos i believed you were going to bring us a trophy"  Mike tries to get rid of me, "I dont want to talk about it, but thanks"

Im getting a bit short of ideas "I blame keegan mike" thats enough bate hes in now, "well 50 -50" says mike "go on" I venture

I take a seat and listen to mikes version:

"Im a business man and a football fan, I can handle the business side, I knew about the debts despite what you read, I also new the squad was thin and that money needed to be spent"

"First up I cleared all the debts and make us financially sound. Then I need to start tackling the football issues, so if im going to spend my money I want someone I trust to spend it. Thats why i wanted someone in to buy, train, manage, develop the academy and bring the club forward on the money I had budgetted, a wheeler dealer." "Redknapp was my man, to turn it around and i had been assured he was up for it, then after i dismiss sam, he goes and changes his mind, which puts me in a difficult situation".

"Then i get a call from Kevin, desperate to come back to the club, but he tells me hes been out for a while, has no scouting network, and ive been reliably informed hes a poor academy record. I pondered it and decided to bring him in to sort the first team, and at his own suggestion I should bring in people to help him with player recruitment and the academy for an initial 2-3 year period".

" i appoint wisey and lambias, and kevin tells the press he knows nowt! We had words after that I will tell you for free". "January comes around and kevin is supposed to agree targets with lambias, but doesnt bother, he presents a list of english players from massive - champions league- clubs on massive salaries, which cant be done for the cash weve got. Lambias offers him a list of 15 foreign players including scouting reports and dvds to have a look at, kev tells him he wants none of them." "I`ll give you an example Kev wants Anton ferdinand, for the price of anton, including agent fees, transfer fees, add-on clauses, relocation, bonus we got collocini and jonas, and thats what we have to do until we get into a higher earning position in the league".

"and kev walks out on us, I beg him to stay at a 4 hour meeting and hes having none of it. next thing i know its cockney mafia out and police telling me they cant gaurantee my safety" " So if thats what the fans want then thats what theyre getting, I never wanted this system I wanted redknapp, nobody else would come with his experience, the system was Kevs idea and Im carrying the can, if he thinks he can tell me how to spend my money, after ive already spend £150 million on buying my club he can bollocks".

I then realised who the villain was around here, and what a set of c***s weve all been....

Just a script you understand not to be taken seriously  :razz:

"

Heres my "script"

Im on a train to london from necastle, in first class cos work paid and im eyeballing this fat bloke sat two rows down cos he look suspicously like ashley. Cant be him tho, hed have a chauffuer or summert. Next stop, on gets a little angry bloke and embraces fat bloke before he takes up a seat opposite. Its wisey. Now as a toon fan I cant let this opportunity to tell them both what i think of them. But I want to make sure I get a air hearing so i put away the bat idea and decide the ego stroking root.

I walks over to mike and offer him a hand "Im a toon fan Mike and Id like to say thanks for clearing off all our debts"

he goes a bit red but grins, angry wise says nowt. I continue " Shame about how things have turned out, cos i believed you were going to bring us a trophy"  Mike tries to get rid of me, "I dont want to talk about it, but thanks"

Im getting a bit short of ideas "I blame keegan mike" thats enough bate hes in now, "well 50 -50" says mike "go on" I venture

"Im a business man and a football fan, I can handle the business side, I knew about the debts despite what you read, I also new the squad was thin and that money needed to be spent"

"First up I cleared all the debts and make us financially sound. Then I need to start tackling the football issues, so if im going to spend my money I want someone I trust to spend it. Thats why i wanted someone in to buy, train, manage, develop the academy and bring the club forward on the money I had budgetted, a wheeler dealer." "Redknapp was my man, to turn it around and i had been assured he was up for it, then after i dismiss sam, he goes and changes his mind, which puts me in a difficult situation".

"Then i get a call from Kevin, desperate to come back to the club, but he tells me hes been out for a while, has no scouting network, and ive been reliably informed hes a poor academy record. I pondered it and decided to bring him in to sort the first team, and at his own suggestion I should bring in people to help him with player recruitment and the academy for an initial 2-3 year period".

" i appoint wisey and lambias, and kevin tells the press he knows nowt! We had words after that I will tell you for free". "January comes around and kevin is supposed to agree targets with lambias, but doesnt bother, he presents a lsit of english players from massive - champions league- clubs on massive salaries, which cant be done for the cash weve got. Lambias offers him a list of 15 foreign players including scouting reports and dvds to have a look at, kev tells him he wants none of them." "I`ll give you an example Kev wants Anton ferdinand, for the price of anton, including agent fees, transfer fees, add-on clauses, relocation, bonus we got collocini and jonas, and thats what we have to do until we get into a higher earning position in the league".

"and kev walks out on us, I beg him to stay at a 4 hour meeting and hes having none of it. next thing i know its cockney mafia out and police telling me they cant gaurantee my safety" " So if thats what the fans want then thats what theyre getting, I never wanted this system I wanted redknapp, nobody else would come with his experience, the system was Kevs idea and Im carrying the can, if he thinks he can tell me how to spend my money, after ive already spend £150 million on buying my club he can bollocks".

I then realised who the villain was around here, and what a set of cunts weve all been....

"

a shit script, ashleys bum boy.

Heres my "script"

Im on a train to london from necastle, in first class cos work paid and im eyeballing this fat bloke sat two rows down cos he look suspicously like ashley. Cant be him tho, hed have a chauffuer or summert. Next stop, on gets a little angry bloke and embraces fat bloke before he takes up a seat opposite. Its wisey. Now as a toon fan I cant let this opportunity to tell them both what i think of them. But I want to make sure I get a air hearing so i put away the bat idea and decide the ego stroking root.

" i appoint wisey and lambias, and kevin tells the press he knows nowt! We had words after that I will tell you for free". "January comes around and kevin is supposed to agree targets with lambias, but doesnt bother, he presents a lsit of english players from massive - champions league- clubs on massive salaries, which cant be done for the cash weve got. Lambias offers him a list of 15 foreign players including scouting reports and dvds to have a look at, kev tells him he wants none of them." "I`ll give you an example Kev wants Anton ferdinand, for the price of anton, including agent fees, transfer fees, add-on clauses, relocation, bonus we got collocini and jonas, and thats what we have to do until we get into a higher earning position in the league".

I then realised who the villain was around here, and what a set of c***s weve all been....

"

Sounds about right.

Heres my "script"

he goes a bit red but grins, angry wise says nowt. I continue " Shame about how things have turned out, cos i believed you were going to bring us a trophy" Mike tries to get rid of me, "I dont want to talk about it, but thanks"

Just a script you understand not to be taken seriously :razz:

"

Sounds about right.

Would that be because KK would have been proved to be the problem all along ?

I love the possible idea that Keegan had a list of players from Champions League teams....... and Anton Ferdinand :lol:

Heres my "script"

I then realised who the villain was around here, and what a set of cunts weve all been....

"

a shit script, ashleys bum boy.

:lol:

Heres my "script"

he goes a bit red but grins, angry wise says nowt. I continue " Shame about how things have turned out, cos i believed you were going to bring us a trophy" Mike tries to get rid of me, "I dont want to talk about it, but thanks"

Just a script you understand not to be taken seriously :razz:

"

Sounds about right.

Would that be because KK would have been proved to be the problem all along ?

I love the possible idea that Keegan had a list of players from Champions League teams....... and Anton Ferdinand :lol:

Do you not like it because it paints Kegan in an unfavourable light?

Fancy targetting Luka Modric and ending up with  Danny Guthrie....

Ideally I'd become a multi-billionaire somehow and buy the club myself.

Appoint NE5 as manager (on the condition that he legally has his name changed to NE5), give him a massive wedge of money to spend, and let him run with it as he sees fit.

Not particularly plausible, but it'd be awesome nonetheless.

I'd accept that, but given the need for greater club/fan communication I'd like to see LBW installed as Chairman. He'd be a step up on Dereck Llambias.

I cant deny that because it did, my natural instinct was to dimiss it. I hold my hands up to that but I make no apology for it.

Just the comment about Anton Ferdinand lost it any possible credibility. And I think that anyone who thinks that Keegan really suggested going to for top level players is just plain daft. KK is a dreamer but not that much

Also, it was obviously based on an anti-KK bias as it appeared in a thread about a best possible scenario. The pops at KK just get to me.

I cant deny that because it did, my natural instinct was to dimiss it. I hold my hands up to that but I make no apology for it.

Just the comment about Anton Ferdinand lost it any possible credibility. And I think that anyone who thinks that Keegan really suggested going to for top level players is just plain daft. KK is a dreamer but not that much

Also, it was obviously based on an anti-KK bias as it appeared in a thread about a best possible scenario. The pops at KK just get to me.

Its actually refreshing to hear some level headed loyalty to Keegan rather than the usual blind faithed messiah shit im used to hearing. I really do repsect what Keegan has done for the club but im definitely in the group that believe that Keegan has played a substantial part in all this, as my edit above says, we targeted Modric a player who had raised interest with some of Europes top clubs and ended up with a utility player from nearly relegated premierhsip team. Its not actually that inconcievable.

"not to be taken seriously" is the key phrase in that post. the fact that some of you are arse licking the blatant bullshit as if it was true says a lot about the agendas at play.

I usually like what you have to say but that is absolute bullshit. The mere idea that a percentage of you dont even consider the other side of the coin, let alone let other people look at the other side of the coin without being lablelled an "arse licker" is quite frankly embarressing.

Its actually refreshing to hear some level headed loyalty to Keegan rather than the usual blind faithed messiah shit im used to hearing. I really do repsect what Keegan has done for the club but im definitely in the group that believe that Keegan has played a substantial part in all this, as my edit above says, we targeted Modric a player who had raised interest with some of Europes top clubs and ended up with a utility player from nearly relegated premierhsip team. Its not actually that inconcievable.

Its probably the twisting by the media thats helped inflame that argument. Their quoting of "Lampard, Henry, Beckham etc" in my mind was barmy and think they have heard "top players" and have come up with those names. I agree though that its not inconcievable for him to have gone in with a long list of names such as Modric etc.

Bloody annoying that we are still talking about this 2 and a half months down the line.

"not to be taken seriously" is the key phrase in that post. the fact that some of you are arse licking the blatant bullshit as if it was true says a lot about the agendas at play.

I usually like what you have to say but that is absolute bullshit. The mere idea that a percentage of you dont even consider the other side of the coin, let alone let other people look at the other side of the coin without being lablelled an "arse licker" is quite frankly embarressing.

who says people aren't understanding the other side of the coin? people have their own views but that lad has posted a FICTIONAL SCENARIO where he meets ashley on the train and hears this stuff.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

understand? it's made up, it's not real. the poster even said "not to be taken seriously" for god's sake. as a piece of fiction it's a good laugh, not a realistic depiction of events.  i'd be embarrased for whoever took it as fact or a good reading of the situation.

Its actually refreshing to hear some level headed loyalty to Keegan rather than the usual blind faithed messiah s*** im used to hearing. I really do repsect what Keegan has done for the club but im definitely in the group that believe that Keegan has played a substantial part in all this, as my edit above says, we targeted Modric a player who had raised interest with some of Europes top clubs and ended up with a utility player from nearly relegated premierhsip team. Its not actually that inconcievable.

Its probably the twisting by the media thats helped inflame that argument. Their quoting of "Lampard, Henry, Beckham etc" in my mind was barmy and think they have heard "top players" and have come up with those names. I agree though that its not inconcievable for him to have gone in with a long list of names such as Modric etc.

Bloody annoying that we are still talking about this 2 and a half months down the line.

Very very true, i wish this would get sorted, to be honest i was fine with the level of silence around the club but i now think Ashley has scored a major own goal by not talking to the fans more often during the sale, if only Llambas had half the media "savvieness" of Mort, would make things much better at the club.

who says people aren't understanding the other side of the coin? people have their own views but that lad has posted a FICTIONAL SCENARIO where he meets ashley on the train and hears this stuff.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

understand? it's made up, it's not real. the poster even said "not to be taken seriously" for god's sake. as a piece of fiction it's a good laugh, not a realistic depiction of events.  i'd be embarrased for whoever took it as fact or a good reading of the situation.

Fair points. However exactly what is the non-fiction? Do you know exactly what did or didn't go down? Do you know the truth?

He made it up but even then it's still a possibility. None of us are truly privy to what happened are we?

This isn't an anti-Keegan or indeed an anti-Ashley post. Just saying.

Its actually refreshing to hear some level headed loyalty to Keegan rather than the usual blind faithed messiah s*** im used to hearing. I really do repsect what Keegan has done for the club but im definitely in the group that believe that Keegan has played a substantial part in all this, as my edit above says, we targeted Modric a player who had raised interest with some of Europes top clubs and ended up with a utility player from nearly relegated premierhsip team. Its not actually that inconcievable.

Very very true, i wish this would get sorted, to be honest i was fine with the level of silence around the club but i now think Ashley has scored a major own goal by not talking to the fans more often during the sale, if only Llambas had half the media "savvieness" of Mort, would make things much better at the club.

:nods: