What's your best plausible scenario...?

Rocker

Ashley sells up.  New manager appointed.

Truth about Keegan's departure is revealed.  Forum humble pie shortage revealed.

Does that mean your hoping that Keegan is proven to be at fault for all of this ?

Not at all.

But in a strange way, I think it would be better for the future of the club if he was shown to have not been whiter than white in all this.

Truth about Keegan's departure is revealed.  Forum humble pie shortage revealed.

Does that mean your hoping that Keegan is proven to be at fault for all of this ?

Not at all.

But in a strange way, I think it would be better for the future of the club if he was shown to have not been whiter than white in all this.

Fair enough. Can see what you mean  :thup:

It does, sadly..

You stick to talking shite on your own behalf, without trying to speak for me.

Fuck knows you do enough of it O0

I wake up from a coma tomorrow. Turns out everything from the end of last season was just hallucination.

Keegan never walked out, and he's getting along just fine with Ashley/Wise/Jimenez/Vertre. Chairman Chris Mort is doing a smashing job running the club.

We're 7th on the table behind Villa and Everton. Jonas got player of the month for November after terrorizing Fulham and Wigan's defenses playing through the center of the pitch in Keegan's new 4-3-3.

Nile Ranger is averaging a hat trick in the U18 and Reserve leagues, and KK has just gone on another rant about how Wenger is "tapping him up."

We're on course to finish top half. The fans have never been more optimistic. It's a good time to be a Newcastle fan.

This is my guess as to what will probably happen, not what I want to happen.

Kinnear will get another month, in early December Ashley will make it known that he couldn't find a buyer in time and takes the club off the market.

Llambias will be replaced by somebody else then it gets tricky.  Ashley has 3 choices, he tries to leave things as they are and sell up in the summer, which would be the worst possibility as it probably means Kinnear staying.

He could go half hearted and appoint a manager who isn't the best but might take the job until the club is sold, that wouldn’t be good as it’s too short term and just brings instability. 

His third choice would be to say "Bollocks, I'm going to make this work."  If he does that then he goes for a permanent manager and allows them to do the job the way they want to.  That would probably be the best of the three because at least we would get some stability and forward planning.

Randy Lerner's slightly richer brother takes over, Shearer gets the manager's job, Mike Ashley loses all his money betting on Nigel Pearson to be the next Burnley boss and Damien Duff walks under a bus.

:lol:

I missed that until Skeletor replied to it.

This is my guess as to what will probably happen, not what I want to happen.

Kinnear will get another month, in early December Ashley will make it known that he couldn't find a buyer in time and takes the club off the market.

Llambias will be replaced by somebody else then it gets tricky.  Ashley has 3 choices, he tries to leave things as they are and sell up in the summer, which would be the worst possibility as it probably means Kinnear staying.

He could go half hearted and appoint a manager who isn't the best but might take the job until the club is sold, that wouldn’t be good as it’s too short term and just brings instability. 

His third choice would be to say "Bollocks, I'm going to make this work."  If he does that then he goes for a permanent manager and allows them to do the job the way they want to.  That would probably be the best of the three because at least we would get some stability and forward planning.

I like scenario 3 the best this is the only solution for the club in the long term and for the greater good.

I like scenario 3 the best this is the only solution for the club in the long term and for the greater good.

I agree if he can't find a buyer.

My preferred choice would be for a oil rich arab but we're not going to get a one of those.

I would love Ashley to decide that he wants to make a real go of it and bollocks to the fans. Then he would bring in a new, quality manager who gets on with and accepts the backroom system.

Then we could go on with steady progress and buying decent quality players.

I would love Ashley to decide that he wants to make a real go of it and bollocks to the fans. Then he would bring in a new, quality manager who gets on with and accepts the backroom system.

A backroom system that faild to buy players for important positions

A backroom system that faild to buy players for important positions

I think there's other threads for that discussion, I was asked for my preferred scenario.

Guest Darth Toon

Ashley and Wise etc leave - he breaks even but doesn't profit from the mess he helped create.

New wealthy owner arrives, prepared to stay in the background while allocating significant (but not ridiculous) funding to his choice of manager

JFK gets decent job elsewhere on the strength of his efforts for us

Full extent of previous regime's mistreatment of KK is finally revealed, resulting in a massive swell of support for his return - even Baggio admits; "sorry lads, turns out I was talking shite all this time"

He comes back with proper backing in the transfer market, gets Owen to stay on, and keeps us up comfortably this season, and we make a real assault on the European places next year.

KK's revitalised team wins the League/FA Cup the following season, and leaves us in a far stronger position for Shearer to come in and take over, and continue our upwards trajectory.

See, I'm not greedy!

Ashley and Wise etc leave - he breaks even but doesn't profit from the mess he helped create.

New wealthy owner arrives, prepared to stay in the background while allocating significant (but not ridiculous) funding to his choice of manager

JFK gets decent job elsewhere on the strength of his efforts for us

Full extent of previous regime's mistreatment of KK is finally revealed, resulting in a massive swell of support for his return - even Baggio admits; "sorry lads, turns out I was talking s**** all this time"

He comes back with proper backing in the transfer market, gets Owen to stay on, and keeps us up comfortably this season, and we make a real assault on the European places next year.

KK's revitalised team wins the League/FA Cup the following season, and leaves us in a far stronger position for Shearer to come in and take over, and continue our upwards trajectory.

See, I'm not greedy!

:smitten: pretty much what DT's just said would be ideal

just add nile ranger wins the golden boot the season after next and leads england as favourites into the world cup as captain  O0

....to end all this takeover and manager mess?

You write the script really, within the constraints of reality, if you don't mind.

Personally, I'd have Mike Ashley to come out and say he's not selling the club anymore, and gives us a detailed explanation of what happened, how he plans for it not to happen again, and how he now will give all control of first team affairs, ingoings and outgoings to the new manager, Alan Shearer.

Would possibly get Owen to tie down a deal, and would unify the fans, and possibly players again. EDIT

:blush:

Agreed. Rather have Ashley in charge than anyone from overseas

New owners, Shearer as manager armed with a substantial transfer war chest. If Ashley stays, he has to bring in a full time manager and give him enough money to compete, whichever system he goes with.