Kinnear hints at January targets...

CPL

Rumour from someone fairly reliable on bluekipper that yourselves, City and Wigan want Baines.

I'd be sad to see him go because he's quality when on form. Moyes hasn't given him a fair crack of the whip at all.

Rumour from someone fairly reliable on bluekipper that yourselves, City and Wigan want Baines.

I'd be sad to see him go because he's quality when on form. Moyes hasn't given him a fair crack of the whip at all.

I'd be happy with that. Liability defensively but decent going forward and has decent delivery which is something we don't have.

I'd be happy with that. Liability defensively but decent going forward and has decent delivery which is something we don't have.

Aren't Everton short of money and forwards? Only one thing for it. Straight swap for Smith.

Be surprised if Wigan want him by the way. I've always been really impressed with Figueroa.

He's not all that bad defensively. I remember when we played Utd at Goodison the other year and he had Ronaldo in his back pocket. You just need a winger in front that will track back to cover when necessary.

Everton-supporting mate at work can't stand him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/7759399.stm

Wigan want to cash in on Heskey.  Short term deal, better than Ameobi, adds strength up front that we lack, weakens a rival and will bag a few goals.  No time to get snooty, if we don't nab him then someone else in our position will and he'll score for them instead. 

Guest nufc_kev

Wigan want to cash in on Heskey.  Short term deal, better than Ameobi, adds strength up front that we lack, weakens a rival and will bag a few goals.  No time to get snooty, if we don't nab him then someone else in our position will and he'll score for them instead. 

Martins, Owen, Viduka, Ameobi, Smith, Xisco, Carroll for the two strikers roles

Butt, Guthrie, Geremi, Barton for the two CM roles.

Beye, Enrique for the two full back roles.

Aye, we need a striker......

Martins, Owen, Viduka, Ameobi, Smith, Xisco, Carroll for the two strikers roles

Small, small & weak & probably leaving, permainjured, s***, s***, probably leaving & s***.

But yeah, we need a CM too.  Desperately.  This isn't an either/or.

If we could somehow flog Smith and Shola I'd defo take Heskey. Viduka is off in the summer anyway, and it might click with Owen, convincing him to stay.

Dunno where that leaves Martins though.

If we could somehow flog Smith and Shola I'd defo take Heskey. Viduka is off in the summer anyway, and it might click with Owen, convincing him to stay.

I have a funny feeling Oba will leave in the summer. I don't know why, but I think it may be happening. Also, before I am attacked, I did not claim this as fact or say I was "In The Know", I just think it might happen.

Martins [ERRATIC], Owen [iNJURY PRONE], Viduka [VERY INJURY PRONE], Ameobi [PLAYS LIKE HE'S SERIOUSLY INJURED], Smith [CRAP], Xisco [NEEDS EXPERIENCE], Carroll [RECOVERING FROM INJURY/RESERVE PLAYER] for the two strikers roles

Butt [PAST IT], Guthrie [AVERAGE], Geremi [PAST IT], Barton [NUTTER] for the two CM roles.

Beye, Enrique for the two full back roles.

Aye, we need a striker......

Let's face it, we desperately need players all over the park except GK.

I have a funny feeling Oba will leave in the summer. I don't know why, but I think it may be happening. Also, before I am attacked, I did not claim this as fact or say I was "In The Know", I just think it might happen.

Don't know about that, he genuinely seems to love the place and dare I say it the club.

Don't know about that, he genuinely seems to love the place and dare I say it the club.

Everyone thinks Oba loves them, he's just that kind of guy. He "loved" Inter but when Ibra came he put in his request. He displays great passion towards Nigeria, but still he skips town when it suits him. Don't forget he has already pulled shady things a few times here as well. If the club is still in chaos come June, I think he'll be out. Players just as fans will tire of the "mild excitement-epic fail-mild excitement-epic fail" cycle that NUFC seems to follow. I think N'Zog may leave for similar reasons.

We desperately need a quality CM. If they're not going to get us at least that they might as well not bother.

After that its' probably LB, RW (neither Duff nor Zog look to be good enough. Flog the Zog, grab an RW, and move Jonas back to the left,) and another CM in order of importance.

Long term we'll also need a striker (since we're losing Owen and Viduka) and a RB (since Beye will need replacing in 1~2 seasons. Those can hopefully be dealt with in the summer.

Overall, we've got a lot of shopping to do.

Everyone thinks Oba loves them, he's just that kind of guy. He "loved" Inter but when Ibra came he put in his request. He displays great passion towards Nigeria, but still he skips town when it suits him. Don't forget he has already pulled shady things a few times here as well. If the club is still in chaos come June, I think he'll be out. Players just as fans will tire of the "mild excitement-epic fail-mild excitement-epic fail" cycle that NUFC seems to follow. I think N'Zog may leave for similar reasons.

Oh well yeah, but to be fair I think the futures of a great number of our players depend on what state the club is in next year. Not just Oba's.

Guest firetotheworks

We do need players everywhere, but in the last season weve at least had quality in these positions. We need back up full backs, but at least we now have quality first team full backs in Beye and Enrique. I know the opinions pretty split on Enrique but no one can deny he's better quality than what was there before-hand. I think CM is where we need to prioritise personally but anywhere other than GK and up front (providing the current lot stay) could do with strengthening.