Kinnear hints at January targets...

CPL

Cheers Wullie

So he is going to sell fringe players who are no where near the first team (i.e. shite), and spend the money that we might get for them, if we are lucky enough to off-load said shite players, on quality players.

How does that work then?  Surely he is only going to be able to afford to replace like with like.

Where's the Milner money? Where's the Sky money? Where's the season ticket money.

Ashley has peddled this myth that if he doesn't spend, the club doesn't spend, which is absolute drivel and people have fallen for it.

I would guess that the Milner money, Sky money and season ticket money is filling some of the void left over fron the £240 million that he's spent.

£240 million? I thought he hadn't actually payed the debt off?

He's paid off about £110M worth iirc but that is now included in his asking price for the club.

The "paid off the debt" statements were made by Mort in May.

Since then he's banked the profit from the window, the sky money and the the ST money.

£240 million? I thought he hadn't actually payed the debt off?

I thought he had and the only debt was what we still owed on transfers which were spread over time. :dontknow:

What he didn't mention is that every club owes money on transfers because that's how transfers are done. Any excuse to let him trouser more of NUFC's money.

Guest Heneage

Riise and Duff talk about a "Past-it" left side.

If Fat Ash won't give cash to JK, then just get loans in. Don't go selling people.

Kinnear has also said:

"I am to work on the assumption that if there is somebody I desperately want, then it is possible he would put his hand in his pocket, providing the sale of the club is not imminent at the time."

:lol:

Sounds familiar.

He's paid off about £110M worth iirc but that is now included in his asking price for the club.

It also looks like he's taking money out as well as his asking price, and that means we're in the shit for another 2 seasons after this, we'll not get as much cash in for season tickets as he'll have taken it with him.

That's why we need somebody to buy the club who has cash to play with, not these people we hear of who are struggling to rub two pennies together.

What he didn't mention is that every club owes money on transfers because that's how transfers are done. Any excuse to let him trouser more of NUFC's money.

I'm not sure he needs an excuse to take money out, it's his club and he wouldn't be the first to do it.  It's a pity that he mentioned putting £20 million a year to help the club, that is clearly bollocks.

I'm not sure he needs an excuse to take money out, it's his club and he wouldn't be the first to do it.  It's a pity that he mentioned putting £20 million a year to help the club, that is clearly bollocks.

Mick, it looks like you're defending him and I can't for the life of me understand why. :undecided:

Shepherd and the Halls took a shitload out but Christ, at least he spent the club's money as well, didn't just pocket it.

Mick, it looks like you're defending him and I can't for the life of me understand why. :undecided:

Shepherd and the Halls took a shitload out but Christ, at least he spent the club's money as well, didn't just pocket it.

I'm not trying to defend him, what I have said is true but I'd rather that he didn't take money out of the club and it was spent on players.

having Riise and Duff on the same wing will get us relegated

It's ok, we will get decent transfer fees for our young foreigners, Enrique and N'Zogbia who are obviously much worse than those two fossils.

We should rename the ground to Jurassic Park.

having Riise and Duff on the same wing will get us relegated

It's ok, we will get decent transfer fees for our young foreigners, Enrique and N'Zogbia who are obviously much worse than those two fossils.

We should rename the ground to Jurassic Park.

Christ, when you think of it like that, Riise and Duff. F**K me.......

I know Zog and Ricky are young and will make mistakes but at least i'm confident they'll get better over time. The other 2..........

Hopefully this is all rumour that will amount to f**k all!

Riise is a walking disaster for Liverpool

I'd SCREAM with frustration if we get HIM.

Hooper - Liverpool were laughing their cocks off to get

shot of him - and at half a mill - they should have paid us 10 mill to take him.

We aren't (or shouldn't be) their trash bin.

Why do we never learn ?

Cheers Wullie

So he is going to sell fringe players who are no where near the first team (i.e. s****), and spend the money that we might get for them, if we are lucky enough to off-load said s**** players, on quality players.

How does that work then?  Surely he is only going to be able to afford to replace like with like.

From what Kinnear has said I think the money that will be raised from the sale of the players, which isn't likely to be a whole lot, will go towards the loan fee and salary of the players he wants on loan, as apparently their loan fees will be a million odd each, as they are supposedly top players.

So in effect we won't be buying the players outright but will be with a view to a permanent move in the summer when the clubs situation is clearer.

Cheers Wullie

So he is going to sell fringe players who are no where near the first team (i.e. s****), and spend the money that we might get for them, if we are lucky enough to off-load said s**** players, on quality players.

From what Kinnear has said I think the money that will be raised from the sale of the players, which isn't likely to be a whole lot, will go towards the loan fee and salary of the players he wants on loan, as apparently their loan fees will be a million odd each, as they are supposedly top players.

So in effect we won't be buying the players outright but will be with a view to a permanent move in the summer when the clubs situation is clearer.

I think getting them on loan is the only way, what type of half decent player is going to come here in Jan on a permanent deal when the manager is on a rolling contract and the club is up for sale.

Disgusting that we have to sell to buy. Weaken an already weak team. As has been said, what about the £12m from Milner's sale? It's a joke the papers thinking we're going to sell Smith. Who would buy him? Putting aside the fact that he has been absolute shite for us, he is recovering from a major injury. Not exactly the type of player clubs rush to buy in the January transfer window. I'm glad Mike Ashley is so confident we definitely won't get relegated. I wish I shared his optimism.

I can't see us buying anyone. Loans yes, buying no. Does anyone know how many loans we can make?

Riise is a walking disaster for Liverpool

I'd SCREAM with frustration if we get HIM.

Hooper - Liverpool were laughing their cocks off to get

shot of him - and at half a mill - they should have paid us 10 mill to take him.

We aren't (or shouldn't be) their trash bin.

Why do we never learn ?

You do know he plays for Roma???

Guest Heneage

I don't think it matters hes still gash.

I'm enjoying these reprots about Skjelbred (sp) of Norway, seems a good player, espcially the way Kaizero talks about him. :lol:

Guest geordienorway

I don't think it matters hes still gash.

I'm enjoying these reprots about Skjelbred (sp) of Norway, seems a good player, espcially the way Kaizero talks about him. :lol:

Skjelbred has a great engine. There have been several Rosenborg-matches this year where he had to run down in the dressing room and puke during the match. He definately puts alot of effort in, but he is nowhere near the finished article. His passing is allright, but he is pretty lightweight. I would say he is on the same level as Guthrie.

Larsson from Birmingham might be worth another shot. Especially as we still don't have a proper right winger.

I am shocked no one went for him.

O'Neill would have been far better off spending that £12 million on him rather than Milner.

Larsson is at least 3 times the player.

You really have to wonder wht some of these managers are looking at sometimes.

Milner doesn't do a single thing better than Larsson. Not one thing. Crazy.

Larsson from Birmingham might be worth another shot. Especially as we still don't have a proper right winger.

O'Neill would have been far better off spending that £12 million on him rather than Milner.

Milner is british and that makes him better than Larsson. Fact.

There's no way he's 3 times the player like.