Kinnear hints at January targets...

CPL

Aye, precisely, Dave. :undecided:

In fairness i'd be daft to sniff at the likes of Warnock because they're guaranteed to improve the team really, and they're hardly over the hill like other players we've been linked with.

Aye, precisely, Dave. :undecided:

In fairness i'd be daft to sniff at the likes of Warnock because they're guaranteed to improve the team really, and they're hardly over the hill like other players we've been linked with.

??? Not really sure about that one. He's ok... but not sure he's much better than what we got.

Didn't Keegan want Warnock? :shifty:

Rather a large (further) kick in the bollocks if so.

As I mentioned before, it took Keegan at least a year to get Ferdinand when he was chasing him, and I'd imagine we'd be going for Warnock this January even if he was still manager.

Didn't KK originally sell Cole as he thought we were going to get Sir Les a couple of weeks later? But then QPR went on a bad run so they wouldn't sell him till that summer?

As I mentioned before, it took Keegan at least a year to get Ferdinand when he was chasing him, and I'd imagine we'd be going for Warnock this January even if he was still manager.

Didn't KK originally sell Cole as he thought we were going to get Sir Les a couple of weeks later? But then QPR went on a bad run so they wouldn't sell him till that summer?

so the story goes.

Not too sure mate. But I do seem to remember us having a £4.5m bid rejected the year before he finally came, not long after we'd signed Darren Peacock from QPR.

Newcastle's interim manager Joe Kinnear hopes to sign midfielder Alexandre Song and defender Johan Djourou on loan from Arsenal in January but believes the Gunners' progress in the Champions League and Carling Cup means Arsene Wenger will be reluctant to let the duo leave. (The Guardian)

The Magpies have also watched Blackburn pair Stephen Warnock and Christopher Samba but it is doubtful they will have the funds to take them to St James' Park in the transfer window. (The Guardian)

Kinnear is waiting to discover whether his bid to bring in Roma's former Liverpool full-back John Arne Riise on loan has been successful. (The Guardian)

If Blackburn weren't willing to sell in August, they're certainly not going to half way through the season when they're in the relegation zone.

Riise looks by far the likeliest bet of all the names mentioned. He's not brilliant but he's better than what we have at the moment, and that's reason enough.

Said in another article JFK sees himself as a bit of a wheeler and dealer so we'll see.  Hope he can do a 'arry. 

I won't be happy with the situation but if he can do with limited funds and actually strengthen the squad then it'll help me sleep better. 

I don't mind him wheeling and dealing, it's the players he's likely to sell to raise funds which worries me. If it's Smith, Duff or Butt no problem.

He's not brilliant but he's better than what we have at the moment

he's not.

Agreed, he useless at defending but at least we might have a remote possibility of seeing a freekick get close to the goal.

So we should just use him in the 'Special Teams' kind of way, bring him on for a kick at goal :)

Anyone who thinks he's anything beyond below average as a FB is basing their opinion on imagination.

He's not brilliant but he's better than what we have at the moment

he's not.

Agreed, he useless at defending but at least we might have a remote possibility of seeing a freekick get close to the goal.

So we should just use him in the 'Special Teams' kind of way, bring him on for a kick at goal :)

Anyone who thinks he's anything beyond below average as a FB is basing their opinion on imagination.

Nah, I'd actually quite like to see Martins take freekicks occasionally, ok hes not got the mnost accurate striker but if he gets one on target itll probably go in due to the power.

Larsson from Birmingham might be worth another shot. Especially as we still don't have a proper right winger.

I am shocked no one went for him.

O'Neill would have been far better off spending that £12 million on him rather than Milner.

Larsson is at least 3 times the player.

You really have to wonder wht some of these managers are looking at sometimes.

Milner doesn't do a single thing better than Larsson. Not one thing. Crazy.

There's no way he's 3 times the player like.

You are speaking to the guy who was claiming Routledge (currently being loaned out by Milners club to championship side Cardiff) was better than Milner :lol:

Larsson from Birmingham might be worth another shot. Especially as we still don't have a proper right winger.

I am shocked no one went for him.

O'Neill would have been far better off spending that £12 million on him rather than Milner.

Larsson is at least 3 times the player.

You really have to wonder wht some of these managers are looking at sometimes.

Milner doesn't do a single thing better than Larsson. Not one thing. Crazy.

There's no way he's 3 times the player like.

You are speaking to the guy who was claiming Routledge (currently being loaned out by Milners club to championship side Cardiff) was better than Milner :lol:

you accused me of saying as much a few months back, hope you're facts are right this time

If Blackburn weren't willing to sell in August, they're certainly not going to half way through the season when they're in the relegation zone.

Back then he was there first choice left back he has played quite a few games in CM, so he himself may want to leave & Blackburn may not regard as highly anymore.

Back then he was there first choice left back he has played quite a few games in CM, so he himself may want to leave & Blackburn may not regard as highly anymore.

Plus Blackburn are on a downward spiral which means players are far harder to keep happy at the club. Warnock might be able to push for a move if the mood in the camp is not good.