Chelsea 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 22/11/08 - post match reaction from page 15

Dave

Guest Heneage

Dodgy comms, "Backline melted away" it's always dramatic with us. So close with Martins there too, if only he'd played it in front still Jonas looking good, I do love Martins ability to go it alone, be good to use that against Boro.

Mind you Joe Cole's face quite clearly offside, almost as bad as Kalous the other year. Shay seemed to have a great game, especially that free- kick. Overall we looked quite good, especially when you look at the ease with which Sunderland were dispatched.

Mikel bitching and moaning about our tactics, not that many of us will really care and Habib making himself more appealing with kind words. For some reason Scolari not seeming to admit the Joe Cole goal was offside.

Well done boys! :clap:

Coloccini is so good a defender it hurts. So bizarre when he has random lapses like last week when Camara got past him. When he's good he's absolutely flawless, like today. Just the little run of defensive clips there in the MOTD analysis - it demonstrated every attribute. His positioning, his connection with other defenders, his heading, his tackling, his shielding, his pace. He's got it all - which like i say, makes it so weird when he makes a silly error.

Really like him, think he's mint.

Shearer not asked about the managerial situation... very interesting if you ask me.

Wasn't there something a while ago about him being sick of being asked about it on the Beeb and threatening to leave?

I might have just made that up. ???

Poor Shay's best save wasn't shown. Phenomenal stop but after someone had been flagged offside.

was that just b4 half time? He made a brilliant one haned save tipped over the bar from Deco but there was a foul on owen (i think)