LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

Wonder how Lawro will dress up his 1-1 prediction. Hm.

Will be a 1-2 prediction IMO.

U mad?

Newcastle v Liverpool (1330 BST)

If you took the Carling Cup out of Liverpool's results in 2012, then they are very average to say the least.

Their league form has been extremely poor and in the last three games, defensively, they have not been very good. They are clearly missing Daniel Agger's presence at the back.

Generally, the Reds create lots of chances whoever they are playing. That is still the case, apart from in last week's defeat by Wigan, but I think they will probably go to Newcastle and play a little bit tighter than usual because they need to stop the rot.

Newcastle looked a very good side in their win at West Brom. They picked the Baggies off easily and I was very impressed.

In the summer, the Magpies will be able to look back at this season with some satisfaction, but I'm not sure Liverpool can do the same.

One of the problems for the Reds lies with some of their signings in the last 18 months. Has Jose Enrique improved them? Yes. Have Craig Bellamy and Luis Suarez? Of course they have.

But have Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam done the same? I would say that, at the moment, probably not.

At the end of the season you can evaluate what your players have done for you over the course of the campaign. Who has had a good season, and who hasn't.

Downing did well in the Carling Cup final but that was against a Championship team and he is yet to score a Premier League goal for Liverpool, which I find amazing.

In terms of goals, players like him, Adam (two league goals) and Henderson (one) should be chipping in to compliment Luis Suarez and Craig Bellamy's output and, along with Carroll (three), I think they should have 30 league goals between them by now.

Those goals would make a massive difference. The total for me from those sort of players in a good team is 30.

Even when you count Steven Gerrard [five] and Dirk Kuyt [two], they don't make it halfway to that amount, which is quite conservative. The midfield players should have five each, and Carroll should be on at least 10. Therein lies the story of Liverpool's season.

They have started to get more men forward since Jay Spearing has come in, allowing Steven Gerrard to join the attack but as can be seen from their goal tallies, Henderson and Downing just don't get into the box. It is not like those two are missing loads of chances every week.

Maybe the best thing Liverpool can do is give former Newcastle striker Andy Carroll a start against his old club.

Carroll has only started 21 of Liverpool's games this season but, when he has done, they have a 62% win percentage compared to a 38% win percentage without him.

Prediction: 1-1

Wonder how Lawro will dress up his 1-1 prediction. Hm.

Will be a 1-2 prediction IMO.

U mad?

If you took the Carling Cup out of Liverpool's results in 2012, then they are very average to say the least.

Their league form has been extremely poor and in the last three games, defensively, they have not been very good. They are clearly missing Daniel Agger's presence at the back.

Generally, the Reds create lots of chances whoever they are playing. That is still the case, apart from in last week's defeat by Wigan, but I think they will probably go to Newcastle and play a little bit tighter than usual because they need to stop the rot.

Newcastle looked a very good side in their win at West Brom. They picked the Baggies off easily and I was very impressed.

In the summer, the Magpies will be able to look back at this season with some satisfaction, but I'm not sure Liverpool can do the same.

One of the problems for the Reds lies with some of their signings in the last 18 months. Has Jose Enrique improved them? Yes. Have Craig Bellamy and Luis Suarez? Of course they have.

But have Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam done the same? I would say that, at the moment, probably not.

At the end of the season you can evaluate what your players have done for you over the course of the campaign. Who has had a good season, and who hasn't.

Downing did well in the Carling Cup final but that was against a Championship team and he is yet to score a Premier League goal for Liverpool, which I find amazing.

In terms of goals, players like him, Adam (two league goals) and Henderson (one) should be chipping in to compliment Luis Suarez and Craig Bellamy's output and, along with Carroll (three), I think they should have 30 league goals between them by now.

Those goals would make a massive difference. The total for me from those sort of players in a good team is 30.

Even when you count Steven Gerrard [five] and Dirk Kuyt [two], they don't make it halfway to that amount, which is quite conservative. The midfield players should have five each, and Carroll should be on at least 10. Therein lies the story of Liverpool's season.

They have started to get more men forward since Jay Spearing has come in, allowing Steven Gerrard to join the attack but as can be seen from their goal tallies, Henderson and Downing just don't get into the box. It is not like those two are missing loads of chances every week.

Maybe the best thing Liverpool can do is give former Newcastle striker Andy Carroll a start against his old club.

Carroll has only started 21 of Liverpool's games this season but, when he has done, they have a 62% win percentage compared to a 38% win percentage without him.

You couldn't make it up man :lol:

Newcastle v Liverpool (1330 BST) Liverpool FC 2011/2012 Season Review

Prediction: Wolves win 1-1.

I had to go to the BBC site to check if was it a parody. Incredible.

It is speaks volumes that neither Merson or "Lawro" saw fit to mention that NUFC will be missing Coloccini for this game. It's only the single most salient concern for Pardew and the club at the moment.

It's not that they don't know what the fuck they are doing; neither can be bothered to make an effort.

The media can't wait for the season to end, so they can predict us to fail again.

Isn't the lesson from Lawro and Merse's posts more that they just don't care. Lawro will always think the sun shines out of Liverpool's arse, and Merse will keep phoning it in as long as he gets paid.

Wolves v Bolton

This will be a difficult day for Bolton because it will almost be back to reality for them after such an emotional couple of weeks.

As a club, they have been in a strange situation with what has happened to Fabrice Muamba, who thankfully is now recovering from the cardiac arrest he suffered during their game with Tottenham, and have probably been in a bit of a bubble in many ways.

So it will be very interesting to see what happens to Bolton now.

Understandably everybody wanted them to beat Blackburn last weekend, which they did. The reaction from their fans and players was great and they were competitive when they went back to Tottenham to replay that FA Cup tie too, although Spurs ended up winning quite easily.

I just have a feeling Wolves are going to win this game, and I also think that Terry Connor's side are going to start to gamble more. They have to go for it because they are past the point of no return.

In terms of team selection, Wolves have got to be a little bit more attacking. This is not a game where they can sit back and try to nick a 1-0 win.

And if Wolves do win it would be a massive scalp for them, particularly as it reels Bolton back into the dogfight at the bottom.

Prediction: 2-0

:yao:

Wouldn't surprise me if he just guessed the outcome of the match, and someone filled in the rest. But are we just intimating it's Chris Bevan because that's who it says he talks to at the bottom of the article each week?

To be fair to Lawro his weekly predictions are actually ghost written by Chris Bevan...

Are they!?  Is that a surprise to anyone else or just me?

He's a really nice bloke I'm led to believe.

Wouldn't surprise me if he just guessed the outcome of the match, and someone filled in the rest. But are we just intimating it's Chris Bevan because that's who it says he talks to at the bottom of the article each week?

Similar to any piece on the BBC Sport website, a journalist will phone Lawrenson or Shearer or Hansen or whoever (eg David Coulthard in F1) lead the conversation, ask loads of questions, and then write up their own version.