Maintenance Updates

Guest SteveRawlinson

Wait until we or Middlesbrough score tomorrow.  That's always the ultimate test.  Any server would crash under the weight of 50 people posting "GET IN" or "SHITE" all at the same time.

Aye, that's the plan and you're right about it being the litmus test. I think Steve's going to be around to monitor things as we go, so if we do have problems we may be able to get right onto fixing them.

Wait until we or Middlesbrough score tomorrow.  That's always the ultimate test.  Any server would crash under the weight of 50 people posting "GET IN" or "SHITE" all at the same time.

Aye, that's the plan and you're right about it being the litmus test. I think Steve's going to be around to monitor things as we go, so if we do have problems we may be able to get right onto fixing them.

Its a fair way away but Jan 31st will be when its really put to the test.

Its a fair way away but Jan 31st will be when its really put to the test.

It'll start on the 1st Jan, no transfers by lunch time on New Years day & this place will go into meltdown.

Guest SteveRawlinson

And on firefox I had.

Connection Interrupted

The document contains no data.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

You get that error when the TCP connection negotiation does not complete. It can happen at any time and means that a packet went missing. Usually if a packet goes missing it's no big deal, it just gets repeated, but if one of the three negotiation packets drops at the very start of a connection, you get this error. It has nothing to do with the application running on this server and on its own it doesn't mean anything is wrong. But if loads of people see it, it means there's a network problem.

Thanks for the word-for-word error report.

steve

Guest SteveRawlinson

Wait until we or Middlesbrough score tomorrow.  That's always the ultimate test.  Any server would crash under the weight of 50 people posting "GET IN" or "s****" all at the same time.

I'll be online here tomorrow afternoon specifically to watch what happens when^H^H^H^H if NU go down a goal.

steve

You get that error when the TCP connection negotiation does not complete. It can happen at any time and means that a packet went missing. Usually if a packet goes missing it's no big deal, it just gets repeated, but if one of the three negotiation packets drops at the very start of a connection, you get this error. It has nothing to do with the application running on this server and on its own it doesn't mean anything is wrong. But if loads of people see it, it means there's a network problem.

steve

That's what I thought when I had the error.  :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

steve

That's what I thought when I had the error.  :lol:

:lol:

that packet's got to be around here somewhere...

Guest The Wise Guy

I hate it when I have to repost my post because someone else is posting another post at the same time. Is this considered as an error too? If so, please take the appropriate actions.

I hate it when I have to repost my post because someone else is posting another post at the same time. Is this considered as an error too? If so, please take the appropriate actions.

That's a setting in your profile, which you can disable yourself:

"Quick Links" (top right corner) > "Edit Profile" (from drop-down menu) > "Look and Layout Preferences" (left menu bar) > Check the box "Don't warn on new replies made while posting." > Save profile.

I've done it for you, but for anybody else who gets that "Warning 2 replies have been posted since you last viewed the thread" and wants rid of it, that's how you do it.

Guest The Wise Guy

That's a setting in your profile, which you can disable yourself:

"Quick Links" (top right corner) > "Edit Profile" (from drop-down menu) > "Look and Layout Preferences" (left menu bar) > Check the box "Don't warn on new replies made while posting."

I've done it for you, but for anybody else who gets that "Warning 2 replies have been posted since you last viewed the thread" and wants rid of it, that's how you do it.

Ok thank you. Error solved.

No error messages, but it's painfully slow. A good 25-30 seconds loading for every page.

Definitely not your connection? It's still rendering pages in less than a second for me.

Same here. ???

No issues so far for me, anyone else had anything?

There's about 180 people online at the moment.

Are we really at full numbers, because I can remember times when the list of users would be much longer during an away games. Are people being dumb and not updating their bookmarks, or has there been a mass exodus?

No error messages, but it's painfully slow. A good 25-30 seconds loading for every page.

Definitely not your connection? It's still rendering pages in less than a second for me.

Same here. ???

And here.