Ashley wins back fans in survey

Thespence
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My conditions for his returning are this:

A full, honest statement explaining what happpened during the summer.

An apology to the fans for the turmoil he has caused.

At least £20m spent on the first team in January.

Aint going to happen

Tbh I'd take the apology and the £20m.

What will you do when he doesn't comply?

What will you do when he doesn't comply?

Take him off my christmas card list.

i dont care what words ashley comes out with, he'll have to concentrate on substantive actions if he wants to turn it around, get people back onside and make a success out of his time here.

Well he needs to invest in the team but beyond that i think he needs to recognise the mistakes he has made and apologise.

Keegan = c***.

Came back to pay of his debts, f***ed off and lied to us.

c***.

:sadnod:

:rolleyes:

aye reet.

you can blame KK all you want but all the evidence points to wise and crew not bringing in the players.  Hence why our squad is so small.

And do you really believe that a man like KK came back to NUFC just so he could get paid a few months wages then walk out on us and blame other people.

f***ing hell man.

:nope:

keegan himself said he only needed 3 or 4 players. ignore that part though.

i dont know. he definitely did have financial problems with his circus thing and now he doesnt. this was a rather well known fact before he even took over. i remember a thread on here saying as much.

It was all speculation from the media.

so was/is most of the s*** everybody is crucifying ashley and wise over. the keegan debt story IS true as the financial papers have been released and back it up.

With accounts showing a pre-tax loss of £1m up to April 2007, Keegan said: "If you want to look upon this as a place that will make a profit in its first year and a half, well it won't do that. There is £4m worth of stuff behind the scenes here, so you won't get that back in a year, you'll get that back over 10 years."

Prior to succeeding Sam Allardyce, Keegan worked there every day, answering the telephone and serving tea in the canteen. The impression was not of a business about to boom, but it needed to. When The Independent interviewed Keegan there 18 months ago, Keegan touched on his personal finances.

"For the last 10 years I've been putting my earnings to one side, paying people to work full time on research and development," Keegan said. He then added that into Soccer Circus he has put "almost everything we've got, me and my family."

The idea that Keegan might need money is surprising given that he has been rich and famous for over 30 years and, in his own description, is "entrepreneurial".

Didn't want him out in the first place. Thought the whole pantomime was a disgrace and embarassing for everyone involved. The sooner we can get back to the business of football instead of forming dick-waving and mutal masturbation groups, the sooner we can move forward as a club.

well said

Keegan = cunt.

Came back to pay of his debts, fucked off and lied to us.

Cunt.

Libertine's logic as impeccable as ever.

Yeah, Keegan took the job just to pay off his debts, then left voluntarily after only 6 months leaving himself open to the club suing him for more than he was paid.  :laugh2:

Edit: Am I being wooshed? Is it a gimmick account trying to make Ashley supporters look retarded?

Aint going to happen

I don't even think an apology's necessary, if he just comes out and says he's keeping the club and he's going to put enough money in to compete properly that will do for me. Assuming he actually puts proper money in of course.

At the moment I think he's sitting on the fence tbh. He won't release much money to Kinnear but he'll get some. He's hedging his bets in case the club gets sold, until then he's given Kinnear a job to the end of the season.

Keegan = c***.

c***.

aye reet.

you can blame KK all you want but all the evidence points to wise and crew not bringing in the players.  Hence why our squad is so small.

And do you really believe that a man like KK came back to NUFC just so he could get paid a few months wages then walk out on us and blame other people.

f***ing hell man.

i dont know. he definitely did have financial problems with his circus thing and now he doesnt. this was a rather well known fact before he even took over. i remember a thread on here saying as much.

so was/is most of the s*** everybody is crucifying ashley and wise over. the keegan debt story IS true as the financial papers have been released and back it up.

The proof of ashley and his goons failure is the current state of the sqaud and the player contracts that STILL haven't been resolved.

Aint going to happen

I dont think we'll see either.

Keegan = c***.

c***.

aye reet.

f***ing hell man.

With accounts showing a pre-tax loss of £1m up to April 2007, Keegan said: "If you want to look upon this as a place that will make a profit in its first year and a half, well it won't do that. There is £4m worth of stuff behind the scenes here, so you won't get that back in a year, you'll get that back over 10 years."

Prior to succeeding Sam Allardyce, Keegan worked there every day, answering the telephone and serving tea in the canteen. The impression was not of a business about to boom, but it needed to. When The Independent interviewed Keegan there 18 months ago, Keegan touched on his personal finances.

"For the last 10 years I've been putting my earnings to one side, paying people to work full time on research and development," Keegan said. He then added that into Soccer Circus he has put "almost everything we've got, me and my family."

The idea that Keegan might need money is surprising given that he has been rich and famous for over 30 years and, in his own description, is "entrepreneurial".

Never looked into the Soccer Circus thing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/feb/01/sport.comment

I don't even think an apology's necessary, if he just comes out and says he's keeping the club and he's going to put enough money in to compete properly that will do for me. Assuming he actually puts proper money in of course.

At the moment I think he's sitting on the fence tbh. He won't release much money to Kinnear but he'll get some. He's hedging his bets in case the club gets sold, until then he's given Kinnear a job to the end of the season.

I think he needs to come out and show a bit of humility and admit to his mistakes, the turmoil has been massive and he shouldn't try to sweep it under the carpet.  He's pissed a lot of people off and he needs to win some trust back if he/we're going to move on.

I think he needs to come out and show a bit of humility and admit to his mistakes, the turmoil has been massive and he shouldn't try to sweep it under the carpet.  He's pissed a lot of people off and he needs to win some trust back if he/we're going to move on.

Exactly Mick.

Some people refer to it as acting like a man.

Guest The Libertine

Keegan = c***.

c***.

aye reet.

f***ing hell man.

keegan in "defends himself shocker!!"

im not the only one saying it. it was fairly well known before he was even mentioned as a candidate for the job here.

For what it's worth, the friend of mine who met Kinnear dining alone in a restaurant and had a chat with him, reported that Kinnear also reckoned Keegan had mainly come back to earn the funds necessary to keep Soccer Circus going.

Towing the company line there i would say.

If its true then he is a tosser for talking about stuff like that to the general public.

Guest The Libertine

Keegan = cunt.

Came back to pay of his debts, fucked off and lied to us.

Cunt.

Yeah, Keegan took the job just to pay off his debts, then left voluntarily after only 6 months leaving himself open to the club suing him for more than he was paid.  :laugh2:

Edit: Am I being wooshed? Is it a gimmick account trying to make Ashley supporters look retarded?

my point was that the keegan bummers will flatly refuse to believe any negative story about him but will treat any negative ashley/wise story as gospel.

point proven.

Keegan = c***.

c***.

aye reet.

f***ing hell man.

keegan in "defends himself shocker!!"

im not the only one saying it. it was fairly well known before he was even mentioned as a candidate for the job here.

Maybe he knows more about his £££'s than most other people. 

For what it's worth, the friend of mine who met Kinnear dining alone in a restaurant and had a chat with him, reported that Kinnear also reckoned Keegan had mainly come back to earn the funds necessary to keep Soccer Circus going.

I'm not sure Keegan would come back to take the piss out of us, I'd go further and say I'd bet my life that he wouldn't.  He came back to try and win something for us, regardless of the state of his Circus.  Something went wrong which made the job impossible for him, what that was is anybodies guess but it was enough to make him walk.

Keegan = c***.

c***.

my point was that the keegan bummers will flatly refuse to believe any negative story about him but will treat any negative ashley/wise story as gospel.

point proven.

I'm actually a bit disappointed in KK but not as much as the people who run the club.

The evidence is there that Ashley and his goons failed.  The squad is stupidly thin man and we have main players who we rely on with contracts running out.

Its like religious people refusing to believe evolution even tho scientists can see it everday at work.

This thread just proves why Ashley needs to put the record straight with an honest statement about what went on.  None of us know and we'll not move on as fans and as a club until everything is known.

point proven.

And your absolutely not prepared to accept any positive stories about him so it works both ways.

Also, it appears that your not prepared to accept any derogatory/negative stories abut Ashley/Llambias/Wise.

People/glass houses etc

Didn't want him out in the first place. Thought the whole pantomime was a disgrace and embarassing for everyone involved. The sooner we can get back to the business of football instead of forming dick-waving and mutal masturbation groups, the sooner we can move forward as a club.

Ashley, as a businessman through his dealings, has attracted that sort of pantomime and directed ill-feeling for a better part of a decade.

To borrow a saying, s*** indeed doesn't fall far from a dog's arse.

Mr Ashley brought it upon himself.