Sébastien Bassong (now retired)

Crumpy Gunt

highly, highly impressive...new contract please

Should really sign him up on a new contract for real.   He's worth it. 

Contemplating getting his name/# on my 09-11 home kit.

makes me sick when lads like him put in so much and yet he'll probably be on, what, 20-30% of duffs wages max?

makes me sick when lads like him put in so much and yet he'll probably be on, what, 20-30% of duffs wages max?

But that's alright mate. At least he's earning his pay, and will deserve his hike in wages and new contract. Don't worry, he's not starving :)

But that's alright mate. At least he's earning his pay, and will deserve his hike in wages and new contract. Don't worry, he's not starving :)

true enough, although you'd think duff was from his performance

Guest Mucky01

motm by a mile yesterday, only Enrique came close

agreed.

and ‘that tackle’ on Jones was the most brutal, but fair tackle I’ve ever seen – awesome!

and ‘that tackle’ on Jones was the most brutal, but fair tackle I’ve ever seen – awesome!

That's the mark of the natural defender, when you can put that extra bit of bite into the legal tackles... classic stuff.

There were a couple of whinging mackems in the pub yesterday talking about it being a foul, but it was a brilliant challenge.

Guest Howaythetoon

He handled Jones and Cisse with aplomb, giving neither an inch. He was simply outstanding and grows with every game. The most pleasing thing for me however was rather than head the ball clear or boot it clear, he would bring it down either via his chest, head or foot and look to play the ball and that level of assured play stood out in what was a messy and frenetic game. That's class right there when a player can do that. He put Colo to shame and has been doing so for a while now.

Guest Howaythetoon

Oh aye, that tackle, Jones bottled it after that. Loved how he ran off Cisse too in our box, before calmly turning and playing it out, he did the same with Jones as well but not pace for pace, strength for strength. Seems to have it all, delighted with his performance and progress. My man of the match yesterday.

Guest Howaythetoon

Was shouting and screaming at Enrique, S. Taylor and Colo a few times today according to the radio with Duff having to calm down a heated exchange between Bassong and Enrique. I like to hear that, leadership and responsibility they call it.

Anyone think the guy should be offered a new contract?

Hes been a fucking beast for us, especially considering all the crap we've been through.

I want this guy here forever :D

Ashley & Co increasing the wage bill? Good luck on that one.

Guest Toon Lad

Was shouting and screaming at Enrique, S. Taylor and Colo a few times today according to the radio with Duff having to calm down a heated exchange between Bassong and Enrique. I like to hear that, leadership and responsibility they call it.

You can defenitly say it was heated.

But it didn't look very friendly for a moment there, didn't want it to turn out like the Griffen and Fuller situation but luckily it didn't.

Incoming & acceptable offers from interested/impressed suitors come Summer.

It's a prospect i'm not looking forward to with 'sales merchant' Ashley around.

thats what selling clubs are for

I don't buy all this "selling club" thing, we have sold 3 players who wanted to leave.

I realise we aren't exactly big spenders at the moment but I doubt we would have spent £10m on Colo if we were just looking to make a profit on every player.

I don't buy all this "selling club" thing, we have sold 3 players who wanted to leave.

I realise we aren't exactly big spenders at the moment but I doubt we would have spent £10m on Colo if we were just looking to make a profit on every player.

Neither do the selling clubs. :lol: