Sébastien Bassong (now retired)

Crumpy Gunt

Come the end of the season this lad needs to be offered a very nice big money 5 year deal, tie him down now because the big clubs will be sniffing around him.

Yup.

Taken to this PL lark like a duck to water.

Bassong made Jo look very shit iyam. Largely for the reason you outlined in the second half of your post. He's got one of the best 'radars' i've seen from a CB we've had. The anticipation of strikers' runs and through balls is top notch, and the amount of stuff he cleared by simply intercepting stuff and passing it out was exceptional, for someone of his (in)experience.

Arguably MOTM today,

Agree he continues to impress me its a shame his "International" partner continues to put in performances of such poor standard.

Bassong made Jo look very shit iyam. Largely for the reason you outlined in the second half of your post. He's got one of the best 'radars' i've seen from a CB we've had. The anticipation of strikers' runs and through balls is top notch, and the amount of stuff he cleared by simply intercepting stuff and passing it out was exceptional, for someone of his (in)experience.

Arguably MOTM today,

Agree he continues to impress me its a shame his "International" partner continues to put in performances of such poor standard.

That's an over the top criticism of Colo. He's had a few shaky games, and even a shocker (Liverpool) but today his performance was more than adequate, I'd say he was pretty good. He did nowt wrong.

Arguably MOTM today,

<b>That's an over the top criticism of Colo. He's had a few shaky games, and even a shocker (Liverpool) but today his performance was more than adequate, I'd say he was pretty good. He did nowt wrong.</b>

It was yet another shaky one to add to that increasingly long list.

His distribution above else was dreadful today not surprised in the slightest he has been dropped all together from the Argentinian national squad its a shame our current management hasn't the courage to do the same and oust him from the side.

Arguably MOTM today,

<b>That's an over the top criticism of Colo. He's had a few shaky games, and even a shocker (Liverpool) but today his performance was more than adequate, I'd say he was pretty good. He did nowt wrong.</b>

His distribution above else was dreadful today not surprised in the slightest he has been dropped all together from the Argentinian national squad its a shame our current management hasn't the courage to do the same and oust him from the side.

Yeah, Cacapa ftw.

Bassong made Jo look very s*** iyam. Largely for the reason you outlined in the second half of your post. He's got one of the best 'radars' i've seen from a CB we've had. The anticipation of strikers' runs and through balls is top notch, and the amount of stuff he cleared by simply intercepting stuff and passing it out was exceptional, for someone of his (in)experience.

Arguably MOTM today,

And do what?  Stick Taylor in there? Maybe Edgar?  :kinnear:

Guest nufc1892

i expect Bassong to be sold in the summer for £5m  and after that Lambias to say that we made a huge profit on this deal and that the money will be spend wisely but of course they will end up in Ashley's pocket,like it happened in January.

Class defender, no doubt he will be away when Ashley & co get a half decent offer for him at the end of the season. :(

How much is a half decent offer? £10m Ashley & Co spent on Colo?

£10 and a pack of Tudors would be enough for Ashley, tbh.

Oh right so he is asset stripping by selling everyone on the cheap.... :lol: :jesuswept:

Class defender, no doubt he will be away when Ashley & co get a half decent offer for him at the end of the season. :(

How much is a half decent offer? £10m Ashley & Co spent on Colo?

£10 and a pack of Tudors would be enough for Ashley, tbh.

Oh right so he is asset stripping by selling everyone on the cheap.... :lol: :jesuswept:

How did you know that, have you been speaking to Dennis?

;)

Bassong made Jo look very s*** iyam. Largely for the reason you outlined in the second half of your post. He's got one of the best 'radars' i've seen from a CB we've had. The anticipation of strikers' runs and through balls is top notch, and the amount of stuff he cleared by simply intercepting stuff and passing it out was exceptional, for someone of his (in)experience.

Arguably MOTM today,

<b>And do what?  Stick Taylor in there? Maybe Edgar?  :kinnear:</b>

I'd have England U21 and captain Steven Taylor there and have Ryan Taylor in what he says is his preferred position.

Arguably MOTM today,

I'd have England U21 and captain Steven Taylor there and have Ryan Taylor in what he says is his preferred position.

Typing that out doesn't make him any better you know? :lol:

I would much rather have Colo in there.

Arguably MOTM today,

Each to his own.

Arguably MOTM today,

Coloccini has been the weakest link in the back four for the last few months tbh.

Coloccini has his (quite worrying) faults but I remain convinced he and Bassong are our best combination at centre-back. If nothing else we need to stick with them as their communication will only improve with playing time.

Guest Howaythetoon

Coloccini has his (quite worrying) faults but I remain convinced he and Bassong are our best combination at centre-back. If nothing else we need to stick with them as their communication will only improve with playing time.

If Beye was fit I'd pair him and Bassong together at centre-back.