Derek Llambeezy

Willow

All good :thup:

...but did we make a mistake in the summer? I think we did.

First time admitting a mistake, ever? :kasper:

:notbad:

They admitted not communicating with the fans enough a while back. The hope was that they'd learned a lesson from the summer, those quotes are promising.

“He went out of the cub his way, and we have replaced him.”

Interesting that he considers that we have replaced Ba

Temporarily we have .. The fact he said we wanted Remy on top of current signings, makes me think well definitely be in for another striker. Surprised there was no mention of the Colo situation.

Good stuff, looks like he might finally be getting the hang of public relations. Although I hate it how Ryder turns a 3 article interview into 6 by just repeating similar stuff.

9!

Sensible stuff from the chairman again. Keep up the good work. :thup:

Oh, and as for the Euro Cup comments, he's spot on; it needs cutting down and restructuring. He didn't say anything about not wanting to win it.

Wasn't the stuff from that article to be fair, was the "Premier League needs to be our focus" one:

“We can’t jeopardise our position. It’s like Europe, we weren’t prepared for Europe so soon.

“It is a very difficult competition for us.

“Even now we have to concentrate on the Premier League. In reality, this year we aren’t as ready for it as we’d like to be.

“Our priority is the league.”

“Next year we will have more depth and we will have a better foundation.

“Then we can go for everything, then it’s different.

“Once this squad gels, this squad is capable of achieving great things in a very difficult league.

“If we have this squad and we can add the depth to it, we can give a run to anybody. I really think that.

“But do I think we’re really ready to be in Europe?

“Talking as somebody who runs this part of the business, we just haven’t got enough depth yet.

“The Premier League is where we have to be. Let’s concentrate on that. That’s what we have to build on.

“We are building.”

May just be a few of us being overly negative, but it does read as a sort of "don't expect much from us in Europe" spiel.

Aye, true. But I think that's pretty fair - The priority has to be the league, but with the new players coming in I still think we'll give the competition a go.

Certainly seems pretty positive about attacking the competition next year. Pity we'll not be in it barring some miracle. :lol:

“He went out of the cub his way, and we have replaced him.”

Interesting that he considers that we have replaced Ba

Temporarily we have .. The fact he said we wanted Remy on top of current signings, makes me think well definitely be in for another striker. Surprised there was no mention of the Colo situation.

Maybe tomorrow in the journal? Probably not though.

Decent interview, as has been said, I really hope we do take Europe seriously though, who knows when we'll have another chance at it?

Some good quotes there. :thup:

As for Europa League I agree with him in a sense that there needs to be better financial pay offs, but the thing he needs to understand is compared to the CL there is a lot less viewers thus less revenue.

I hope there is a way to format it which makes it worth while for everyone involved, i grew up in watching the Uefa Cup and everyone took it seriously or at least seemed to.

Any change in format that makes teams take it seriously i support but i'm not sure Platini's idea is the way forward.

Its all good sensible stuff from Decka, I feared we were going to lose interest in the Europa this season once our League position became precarious. Summer transfer fuck up really hurt us, we have done great business in January but as we all know only one of those players can be added to our Europa squad, I would still however hope we give it a good go, to win it would be a dream come true.

I hope it is structured for next season and also refknamed back to the EUFA Cup, hate the current name lost the bit of prestige it had. No way we qualify for it from league position anyway but where we can finish next season who knows, aim for the highest league position we can get and hope for European football be in Champions league or a revamped Europa league. Either way we will be ready for it with a much stronger squad.

9 articles. :lol:

Yeah, it's pretty annoying. This could be one of the best features on NUFC in the Ashley era. Instead,  it's chopped into pieces for clicks. The state of journalism is shocking.

We need a Ryder smiley.

I made one.. he was not happy

As for Europa League I agree with him in a sense that there needs to be better financial pay offs, but the thing he needs to understand is compared to the CL there is a lot less viewers thus less revenue.

I hope there is a way to format it which makes it worth while for everyone involved, i grew up in watching the Uefa Cup and everyone took it seriously or at least seemed to.

Any change in format that makes teams take it seriously i support but i'm not sure Platini's idea is the way forward.

The Old Uefa Cup was brilliant.

Same with the Cup Winners Cup.too.

Agree with Tooj.

Good quotes from Dekka - I think this ticket package is a fantastic offer.  Cheers to the club.

Fair play to him for admitting mistakes. Need to learn from them though to make sure they don't happen again. :thup:

Too true. All people/businesses/football clubs make mistakes and that needs to be understood. Smart people learn from them and grow stronger, and like you say admitting them is often the first step to rectifying things.

Although some people will never give the current ownership credit, I think most fans appreciate their way of doing business and on a scale of 1 to 10 would be relatively content with the present set up in comparison to many other top level clubs.

Out of all the articles I think this line was the most important of all :- "This club's finances are strong and we have a very strong owner behind it"

Yep, miss them.

Bizarre how people's critical faculties go out the window after 2 wins.

....but what would else would you expect from us?  We are after all the fans who prefer seeing our team lose 4-3 rather than win 1-0.

Just a bizarre set of fuckers - thats us.......

2 Wins? Llambias has been saying the same stuff and has quietly gone about building a pretty impressive squad for more than 2 years now. Besides the stadium naming farce, he's done pretty well on the supporter side too in regards to the family enclosure,  charity/foundation malarkey, and the regular ticketing deals.

I think that's what people judge him on. Not the 2 wins.

2 Wins? Llambias has been saying the same stuff and has quietly gone about building a pretty impressive squad for more than 2 years now. Besides the stadium naming farce, he's done pretty well on the supporter side too in regards to the family enclosure,  charity/foundation malarkey, and the regular ticketing deals.

I think that's what people judge him on. Not the 2 wins.

:thup: