Derek Llambeezy

Willow

Yet Llambias warned bringing in players from France could prove trickier in the future.

He quipped: “It is getting harder for us in France. One president of a club said: ‘What are you doing with all the French players?’

“I said: ‘Eventually the national team will just send their plane to Newcastle and collect them from here!’

“He laughed – while he was twisting my arm for more money!”

:lol:

Bizarre how people's critical faculties go out the window after 2 wins.

2 Wins? Llambias has been saying the same stuff and has quietly gone about building a pretty impressive squad for more than 2 years now. Besides the stadium naming farce, he's done pretty well on the supporter side too in regards to the family enclosure,  charity/foundation malarkey, and the regular ticketing deals.

I think that's what people judge him on. Not the 2 wins.

:lol: Get your tongue out of his hoop man.

Guest firetotheworks

That's the first time I've read an interview with him where I haven't felt worried, embarrassed or cringed. In fact, I'm fairly impressed by it. Odd.

2 Wins? Llambias has been saying the same stuff and has quietly gone about building a pretty impressive squad for more than 2 years now. Besides the stadium naming farce, he's done pretty well on the supporter side too in regards to the family enclosure,  charity/foundation malarkey, and the regular ticketing deals.

My tongue is not up anybodies hoop, ta. :thup:

Guest neesy111

My tongue is not up anybodies hoop, ta. :thup:

:hmm:

All we ask for is just a bit of transparency on whats going on behind the scenes at times. After the poor transfer business from the summer, and no real comment on it - we were left to our rumblings as to why we didn't get certain targets over the line. We then question their ambition and if they even bother to care. Today, Our chairman has just come out, admitted they were wrong and made mistakes in the market. Fair play to them for doing that and then backing it up with 6 new signings.  I think its perfectly normal to give them a bit of credit.

That is a horrid article

The quotes quite clearly contradict what the headline and what Edwards is trying to suggest

That is a horrid article

The quotes quite clearly contradict what the headline and what Edwards is trying to suggest

The bloke's a first class spenk. Useless journalist too.

Some good quotes there. :thup:

As for Europa League I agree with him in a sense that there needs to be better financial pay offs, but the thing he needs to understand is compared to the CL there is a lot less viewers thus less revenue.

I hope there is a way to format it which makes it worth while for everyone involved, i grew up in watching the Uefa Cup and everyone took it seriously or at least seemed to.

Any change in format that makes teams take it seriously i support but i'm not sure Platini's idea is the way forward.

The Old Uefa Cup was brilliant.

Same with the Cup Winners Cup.too.

Aye definitely.

9 articles. :lol:

Yeah, it's pretty annoying. This could be one of the best features on NUFC in the Ashley era. Instead,  it's chopped into pieces for clicks. The state of journalism is shocking.

Yup. Give this to someone like Posnanski or even Simmons and this would be one hell of a good read.

Instead Ryder completely fucked it up.

That’s what happened against Chelsea when poor Petr Cech said afterwards: “I have never heard noise like it in my life when Newcastle scored, this place is unbelievable.”

Didnt that turn out to be completely made up?

Guest firetotheworks

He even seems to have beaten the whole 'he can't win, no matter what he says' argument. It's pretty much flawless.

I really want to be able to trust these guys.

Same here. They're seemingly not going anywhere and it's in everyone's interests that they keep learning. Promising words here, but as ever we'll see. Hard not to be cynical when virtually everyone agreed that the summer just gone would prove their level of ambition for the club. We all know what happened there, and whatever you think of Pardew it's had a significant effect on this season. I just hope they back up their words with action. This January was fantastic, but it doesn't mean we can afford to do nothing again this summer.

The thing that I think pleases me most, is that they seem to be understanding the game a lot more now.

That was always a massive problem which held us back, don't get me wrong they still have a lot of learning to do but compared to when Ashley and later on Dekka came in to now you can definitely notice they have learnt some important things.

If they can continue in this fashion over the next few years then it will be good for all of us. Hopefully these comments don't come back to bite me on the arse later down the line.

I trust Ashley more than the previous regime, which is probably damning him with faint praise.

Same here. I get frustrated by their stingy approach sometimes, but the club is run on a tight ship these days and we are in a good position to take advantage of that in the coming years.

The biggest worrying thing imo is Pardew had to convince them that this team deserved another year together, effectively saying that they wanted to cash in on an asset.

Since its incredibly unlikely that we will be qualifying as high as last year, who is to say that this old line of thought won't reappear in the summer but now with a stronger case behind it?