Derek Llambeezy

Willow

Have to say like, I do understand the importance of being financially stable and do sit easier with us being self sufficient etc, but the whole being 'happy' and 'proud' to be posting a profit still doesn't sit right with me.

We're fans of a football club, not directors of a penny pinching, start-up business.

But if you understand the importance of being stable, then surely it's good for us to be stable rather than not? So being stable is something good for NUFC so therefore the fans should feel good about it.

Have to say like, I do understand the importance of being financially stable and do sit easier with us being self sufficient etc, but the whole being 'happy' and 'proud' to be posting a profit still doesn't sit right with me.

We're fans of a football club, not directors of a penny pinching, start-up business.

But if you understand the importance of being stable, then surely it's good for us to be stable rather than not? So being stable is something good for NUFC so therefore the fans should feel good about it.

There's a difference between being satisified with it, and being 'proud' though. It's not an achievement that we should be proud of.

There's a difference between being satisified with it, and being 'proud' though. It's not an achievement that we should be proud of.

I suppose, although at the same time I am kind of proud of being a well-run club rather than a farce like QPR.

I suppose, although at the same time I am kind of proud of being a well-run club rather than a farce like QPR.

:thup:

Guest optimistic nit

So total bollocks then, and a pointless and bizarre way of speaking about transfers.

in what way is it total bollocks? :lol: if its true then its a more accurate way of speaking about transfer costs than just a one of figure which doesn't take into acount any factors apart from how much the other club received, and thus is essentially meaningless

Guest optimistic nit

Spot on.  I feel that people think being a good financial footing will help us on the pitch at some point.

If our owner doesn't want to put any money into the club, then of course it's better for us on the pitch to be on sound financial footing. Had we posted a £10m loss, it's very plausible that we would have had to use the increased tv revenue to fill that hole.

Will any of the other clubs do that? Doubt it.

The well run clubs and those that want european football will.

Losing less money, producing more of your own players and not relying on the munificence of owners is going to be something more and more clubs are going to start to do, I think.

It's taking longer but just like banks and governments, football clubs who are stupid with their finances will eventually hit the wall.

So total bollocks then, and a pointless and bizarre way of speaking about transfers.

in what way is it total bollocks? :lol: if its true then its a more accurate way of speaking about transfer costs than just a one of figure which doesn't take into acount any factors apart from how much the other club received, and thus is essentially meaningless

Incorporating contracts into things is misleading for the reasons already stated and many others. Signing on fees I can put up with I suppose.

“The ultimate aim is to win something, but the Europa League has been a painful experience for us in terms of our league position. We weren’t ready for it. We still don’t have enough depth which is something we started to achieve in January.

:rolleyes:

Learnt from their mistakes my backside.

Can't really tell someone what they can and can't be proud of man.  I'm proud of the financial footing we have gotten ourselves in after years of money being wasted and thrown about and 0 future planning or vision in mind.  I'm also a finance person so those type of stupid things to some are things I personally like. I read this as a board doing good business and I see an overall vision taking shape in the form of our scouting and such. Yes, results aren't there but there is a decent vision and some excellent execution in the recruitment department.

But fair enough and totally not a problem if the financial position of our club doesn't excite or fill someone with pride, I can totally understand if someone doesn't give a crap about it. :thup:

Llambias is talking bollocks when he claims "I think we were a net £31m spend in January, which is, quite honestly, an achievement for the quality we bought."  I didn't spend almost £200k the day I bought my house and the club didn't have a net spend of £31million in January.

what were the prices again ?

all guesses,

mapou 6.7mill

gouffran 1.5mill

sissoko 1.5mill

haidara 3.5mill

debuchy 5mill

mbabu 1mill

total of 19.2mill, leaves 12mill for agents fees and signing on fees....................possible but unlikely.

all guesses,

mapou 6.7mill

gouffran 1.5mill

sissoko 1.5mill

haidara 3.5mill

debuchy 5mill

mbabu 1mill

total of 19.2mill, leaves 12mill for agents fees and signing on fees....................possible but unlikely.

Think he's talking about 31m over the contracts of the players in question tbh.

I don't agree with looking at it like that, talk about that when the contracts are done but doesn't bother me if he does.

all guesses,

mapou 6.7mill

gouffran 1.5mill

sissoko 1.5mill

haidara 3.5mill

debuchy 5mill

mbabu 1mill

Minus £7million for Ba too.

I'm not sure we took out a mortgage for any of the January signings, like. :lol:

We won't have paid wages up front which he's clearly factored in, my point is that we didn't spend £31 million in January like he's claimed.

all guesses,

mapou 6.7mill

gouffran 1.5mill

sissoko 1.5mill

haidara 3.5mill

debuchy 5mill

mbabu 1mill

Think he's talking about 31m over the contracts of the players in question tbh.

I don't agree with looking at it like that, talk about that when the contracts are done but doesn't bother me if he does.

kind of agree but if those are all up front fees as opposed to wages that will be paid over the course of the ciontract then they may be right.

to be honest it reads like he's talking transfer fees and agents fees, one off signing on fees, not full length contracts.

Guest icemanblue

I'm not sure we took out a mortgage for any of the January signings, like. :lol:

We won't have paid wages up front which he's clearly factored in, my point is that we didn't spend £31 million in January like he's claimed.

I don't think they're trying to fool anyone with that, like. They've always counted the 'full' cost of the player in transfers, rightly or wrongly.

I don't think they're trying to fool anyone with that, like. They've always counted the 'full' cost of the player in transfers, rightly or wrongly.

i.m, not sure wages are included in the 31mill figure.