Derek Llambeezy

Willow

I don't think they're trying to fool anyone with that, like. They've always counted the 'full' cost of the player in transfers, rightly or wrongly.

I would guess they are trying to focus on something to take peoples minds off Ashley taking £11 million at a time when we spent nothing while the club went backwards, they are creating headlines.

what were the prices again ?

all guesses,

mapou 6.7mill

gouffran 1.5mill

sissoko 1.5mill

haidara 3.5mill

debuchy 5mill

mbabu 1mill

total of 19.2mill, leaves 12mill for agents fees and signing on fees....................possible but unlikely.

Minus £7million for Ba too.

3.5 if the rumours about us getting half, him getting half are to be believed. so thats 15.5million for agents/signing on fees. as i said before, possible but unlikely and probably not far off.

Headline: Glass is half full

Forum: No it isnt

Rinse.

Repeat.

:lol:

If we are including wages in these figures it has to work both ways. I don't remember us claiming to have received money for Carroll, Nolan, Ba, Enrique etc.. and included how much we would have paid them which has now been saved.

Rinse.

Repeat.

If we are including wages in these figures it has to work both ways. I don't remember us claiming to have received money for Carroll, Nolan, Ba, Enrique etc.. and included how much we would have paid them which has now been saved.

Is that not topping the glasss up later, or a spill that never happend? Im confused I cant keep up with this half a glass.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Exactly and thank fuck someone's said that. :lol: Don't hear much talk of getting the likes of Smith and Xisco off the wage bill either, yet he'll crow on about additions to the wage bill like we give them it all in 50 pound notes when they walk through the door.

Guest Roger Kint

what were the prices again ?

all guesses,

mapou 6.7mill

gouffran 1.5mill

sissoko 1.5mill

haidara 3.5mill

debuchy 5mill

mbabu 1mill

total of 19.2mill, leaves 12mill for agents fees and signing on fees....................possible but unlikely.

Minus £7million for Ba too.

3.5 if the rumours about us getting half, him getting half are to be believed. so thats 15.5million for agents/signing on fees. as i said before, possible but unlikely and probably not far off.

Fwiw i think the only wages he meant was the 6 months extra for Gouffran and Sissoko, after all we agreed summer deals and brought them forward. 26 weeks at anything from £60k+ plus agent fees etc ???

htt...... "We wouldn't have had a glass if it weren't for Sir John and Saint Kev (followed by 2pages of waffle)"

Mick...."Ashley puts his own mark on the glass to con us as to where half way is"

cp40....."keegnas glass was always full, I've neve seen a glass like it and probably never will again"

Madras...."it's not a glass, it's a beaker"

Rinse.

Repeat.

Exactly and thank f*** someone's said that. :lol: Don't hear much talk of getting the likes of Smith and Xisco off the wage bill either, yet he'll crow on about additions to the wage bill like we give them it all in 50 pound notes when they walk through the door.

the only thing that counts in that respect is the total paid out in wages in total.

edit......totally!

htt...... "We wouldn't have had a glass if it weren't for Sir John and Saint Kev (followed by 2pages of waffle)"

Mick...."Ashley puts his own mark on the glass to con us as to where half way is"

cp40....."keegnas glass was always full, I've neve seen a glass like it and probably never will again"

Financially, we're doing well and I appreciate what they've done and they don't need to spin it.  I don't support the balance sheet, I support the team which they failed to strengthen.

Financially, we're doing well and I appreciate what they've done and they don't need to spin it.  I don't support the balance sheet, I support the team which they failed to strangthen.

i can agree with that. what gets me is those now praising the transfer strategy when in my eyes it's the same one we pursued last summer. sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't.

i can agree with that. what gets me is those now praising the transfer strategy when in my eyes it's the same one we pursued last summer. sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Hopefully they'll learn from it.

They clearly have learned from it  :lol:

If they hadn't they wouldn't have gone and bought 5 players and said on many occasions since the Summer they f*cked up and we need more depth.

Not sure what else needs to be said or done, summer was a real shit but they rectified it and clearly have strengthened the team.

Hopefully they'll learn from it.

i'd guess the last window has just confirmed that strategy.

They clearly have learned from it  :lol:

If they hadn't they wouldn't have gone and bought 5 players and said on many occasions since the Summer they f*cked up and we need more depth.

Not sure what else needs to be said or done, summer was a real s*** but they rectified it and clearly have strengthened the team.

Let’s see what they do in the Summer, in January they spent because we were once again in danger of going down.  Let’s see how well they do when the pressure is off.

i'd guess the last window has just confirmed that strategy.

It confirmed that they were prepared to spend to stay up, in the Summer they weren't prepared to spend to kick on.

We'll see in the summer. Hope they don't rest on their laurels again.

i don't think they did last time, just the strategy didn't get what we wanted. it's not like we said "we aren't ineterested in buying anyone" just that the deals didn't come off.