Stephen Carr

PM

Me & few people at work are heading to the ground after work to hang a few scarfs up.

I might join you, I wonder who Brazil are going to use now as an example of what a defender should look like?

My best memory of Stevie was him getting a red cad against Chelsea it got SJP really pumped up. It really did help the team.

Carr joins Olly & Baba* as ex-mag fullbacks never to play again on leaving SJP.

*= I know he has had trials but no one has signed iirc.

Newcastle is the club fullbacks come to die. Stephen Carr, Olly Bernard, and Celestine Babayaro all had alot of talent (especially the last two). I have seen it. I have borne witness to the wonderous exploits of these three rampaging up and down the right and left sides of the pitch. And I have also borne witness to the decay and death of that talent that has hit these players in the North-East of England. What hath cursed us in this cruel fashion? These days when I see Enrique, once full of so much promise, giving the ball back to attackers, I shudder, and pray, that this one does not fall into the abyss which has claimed Baba, Olly, and Stevie.

Newcastle is the club fullbacks come to die. Stephen Carr, Olly Bernard, and Celestine Babayaro all had alot of talent (especially the last two). I have seen it. I have borne witness to the wonderous exploits of these three rampaging up and down the right and left sides of the pitch. And I have also borne witness to the decay and death of that talent that has hit these players in the North-East of England. What hath cursed us in this cruel fashion? These days when I see Enrique, once full of so much promise, giving the ball back to attackers, I shudder, and pray, that this one does not fall into the abyss which has claimed Baba, Olly, and Stevie.

Not true, Bernard made his reputation here and turned to shit when he left, Babayaro was a sick note before he arrived and Carr was shite as the end of his Spurs career.