Kinnear Out

oldtype

NOBODY who is anything like a decent manager will take the job.

Wrong.

no he is right.

If I have to explain this again I'll start sounding as boring as NE5 so I won't.

But if you think there's literally nobody better than Joe Kinnear who would be willing to manage our football club given a reasonable length contract, then you really need to take off your shit-tinted glasses.

Sorry mate no matter how long a contract you offered you would not get a decent manger under the present circumstances.

Good and decent mangers would get the option of more than one job.

Why do you think we ended up with Joe? That’s right because no one else wanted it.

For us to attract a good manger things would have to be sorted out at the top first.

It either got to be sold, or Ashley has to take it of the market and back the club.

We ended up with Joe because the job was being offered on a temporary basis.

How many currently unemployed managers do you think will refuse a permanent contract at a Premiership club, regardless of that club's position on the table?

How many currently unemployed managers do you think will refuse a permanent contract at a Premiership club, regardless of that club's position on the table?

but are they any better than joe.?

if they were anygood they would have a few job offers all ready.

Aidy Boothroyd. Alan Curbishley, Billy Davies, Avram Grant. Alan Pardew

I wouldn't have minded Zico.....

"The Newcastle job is one that I would be very interested in taking. It would be a privilege and an honour, I've always wanted to experience the Premier League as I believe I could enjoy much success coaching in England." He also commented that he isn't bothered about the structure of the board at Newcastle United, "I am used to working alongside technical directors so this isn't an issue for me. It's normal for me to work in those conditions."

I wouldn't have minded Zico.....

"The Newcastle job is one that I would be very interested in taking. It would be a privilege and an honour, I've always wanted to experience the Premier League as I believe I could enjoy much success coaching in England." He also commented that he isn't bothered about the structure of the board at Newcastle United, "I am used to working alongside technical directors so this isn't an issue for me. It's normal for me to work in those conditions."

Zico or Deschamps for me - one has connections with Wise and the other is a footballing legend who im sure would be appreciated by the masses and as has already been said is familiar with working within this structure.  I genuinely think that the solution to this mess is contained in the appointment of one of these 2 managers its in front of the owners eyes but i dont think anyone at the club has the balls to do it to be honest. A job is a job quite frankly and irrespective of the future of the ownership if, as a manager you;re doing good you'll always be in the new owners consideration. Martin o'neill being an example of that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7780414.stm

Listen to that man, fucking clueless, absolutely clueless. Excuse after excuse after excuse. I mean who is injured? Ok Barton. Is he including Duff and Butt? Its hardly like injuries are costing us, the only thing that is costing us is Joe Kinnear. He can fuck off if he thinks draws are good enough to keep us in this league

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7780414.stm

Listen to that man, f***ing clueless, absolutely clueless. Excuse after excuse after excuse. I mean who is injured? Ok Barton. Is he including Duff and Butt? Its hardly like injuries are costing us, the only thing that is costing us is Joe Kinnear. He can f*** off if he thinks draws are good enough to keep us in this league

Whoever thought we'd end up missing "Glen Roeder refuses to use injuries as an excuse."

Curbishley ok

the others  are they any better than Joe?

As far as I see it, Kinnear was the only manager out there who had the balls to stand up and have a go at what was a quickly sinking ship. He's managed to gain some consistancy, even if its below what the vast majority of fans think we should be achieveing. We could have quite easily been at rock bottom with a large percentage of the players wanting out as soon as the January window came along.

True enough he has made some bad decisions but as much as I would want to manage the club, there would be no way I would have taken the role when he did. He was destined for failure, with only a tiny slither of light available for any sort of success. People have got to remember that we have a thin squad of average players and that mid table was the very best we were ever going to achieve this season (even if, dare I say it, the walking talking messiah was still here).

Theres still a lot of anger around the place after the events at the beginnning of the season and this was bound to come out as soon as a few bad results came our way. The team and men making the decisions at this very tricky stage in the clubs history need the support because the last we need is further changes. We are starting to gain some consistancy again and results will come eventually. Theres still half the season left and we are far from being 'left behind'. I'd much rather be in the scenario we have now than back when the club was in TOTAL freefall only a few months ago.

Kinnear will at least have my support until the end of the season!

I still don't understand why we didn't go for Zico, offering him a 1 year contract at least.

+ Legendary player who is massively respected around the world

+ Did well enough for Japan (winning the Asian Cup and only losing 1 game in their qualifying games for the World Cup)

+ Managed to get Fenerbahce into the Champions League group stages for the first time in their history then only losing 2-3 aggregately to Chelsea in the quarter-finals

+ Said publicly that he was interested in managing us

Instead we go for Venables and Kinnear, further establishing us as the laughing stock of the league

I still don't understand why we didn't go for Zico, offering him a 1 year contract at least.

+ Legendary player who is massively respected around the world

+ Did well enough for Japan (winning the Asian Cup and only losing 1 game in their qualifying games for the World Cup)

+ Managed to get Fenerbahce into the Champions League group stages for the first time in their history then only losing 2-3 aggregately to Chelsea in the quarter-finals

+ Said publicly that he was interested in managing us

Instead we go for Venables and Kinnear, further establishing us as the laughing stock of the league

To be fair to Venables he was once a first class coach and if he had concentrated on footballing matters could have been a massive success.

Legendary player status means jack shit when it comes to management, I thought we would have realised that by now.

The reason JFK's with us at all is because no other bugger would touch the job, not even El Tel for a truckload of cash.  I fear if JFK is shown the door that only leaves Dave Bassett that Dennis Wise can personally recommend.  In which case we've had it.

Plenty of managers showing interest until the fans hoyed their toys out of the pram with their daft protests, the sad thing is some of us could see that no good was going to come from it and would end up hurting the club more than helping it.

From the likes of Deschamps and Terim showing interest to Kinnear and Venables, the protests clearly done the trick.

Supermac, Slaven and that mackem on the 3 legends on Thirsday night were way confident that other managers wanted the NUFC job even in its current state,

I somehow wouldn't want to risk the future of the club on the assurances of three former footballers :lol:

Curbishley ok

the others  are they any better than Joe?

All of them are. Kinnear is fucking clueless. Good at motivating the players but he tactically inept and is going to take us to the Championship.