Kinnear Out

oldtype

Quit your fucking whining Yorkie. No one's using it as an excuse for his 'ineptitude'. He made a mistake against Stoke, granted, but he seems to have addressed it and we've come away with a great 3 points today. Give him a bit of credit ffs.

Not taking anything away from today - my post had nothing to do with today's result. It does seem that some people are 'letting him off', in some respects, for this reason though. To me anyway. I'll shut up though, just for you Diablo. :D

Congratulations Joe on realising that you need to have midfielders on the bench, and that you don't have "LM -- RM -- CB -- RB" as your midfield.

;)

Guest firetotheworks

The Enrique situation scares me. Theres no doubt that we need competition for left back but JFKs comments about 'like for like' on Riise make me feel sick. Riise is absolute dog shit. Enriques now part of a solid back 4, and despite what anyones opinions on him are I think most would agree that swapping Enrique for Riise would be a step backwards. Yes, get back up or competition in for left back, but dont deplete the squad even more you daft twat.

Quit your fucking whining Yorkie. No one's using it as an excuse for his 'ineptitude'. He made a mistake against Stoke, granted, but he seems to have addressed it and we've come away with a great 3 points today. Give him a bit of credit ffs.

Not taking anything away from today - my post had nothing to do with today's result. It does seem that some people are 'letting him off', in some respects, for this reason though. To me anyway. I'll shut up though, just for you Diablo. :D

Congratulations Joe on realising that you need to have midfielders on the bench, and that you don't have "LM -- RM -- CB -- RB" as your midfield.

;)

In fairness to Fat Joe, he admitted in his post-match interview that he got it wrong against Stoke.

I haven't heard many managers say that like, so more credit to him for that.

I want him to succeed, obviously, as that means we'll be doing well - but I still don't think he's a "good manager".

Guest Darth Toon

In fairness to Fat Joe, he admitted in his post-match interview that he got it wrong against Stoke.

I didn't hear any of his interview - what exactly did he say about the Stoke game?

JK has clearly made mistakes with subs and tactical decisions but one thing is different compared to his predecessors IMO(except Keegan and Sir Bobby) as he seems to be learning from his mistakes. Maybe he's reading the forums or something...who knows! O0

Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, Roeder and Big Sam all made big mistakes but they never learned and kept reapeating them game after game. Of course it's way too early to say about JK but the mistakes we've been highlighting didn't happen anymore in the next games. Bad subs, keeping Bassong in the team, going too defensive after scoring etc. I'm not the biggest fan of Kinnear anyway due to his kinda boring style of play but if/when he fixes the central midfield problem(replacement for Butt in from of a more creative and flair player, and if Owen goes replace him as well) in January he defo deserves the job for end of the season!

BTW...who is Andreas Arestidou? At nufc.com under Kinnear transfers he was on loan from Blackburn but never heard his name before.

JK has clearly made mistakes with subs and tactical decisions but one thing is different compared to his predecessors IMO(except Keegan and Sir Bobby) as he seems to be learning from his mistakes. Maybe he's reading the forums or something...who knows! O0

Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, Roeder and Big Sam all made big mistakes but they never learned and kept reapeating them game after game. Of course it's way too early to say about JK but the mistakes we've been highlighting didn't happen anymore in the next games. Bad subs, keeping Bassong in the team, going too defensive after scoring etc. I'm not the biggest fan of Kinnear anyway due to his kinda boring style of play but if/when he fixes the central midfield problem(replacement for Butt in from of a more creative and flair player, and if Owen goes replace him as well) in January he defo deserves the job for end of the season!

BTW...who is Andreas Arestidou? At nufc.com under Kinnear transfers he was on loan from Blackburn but never heard his name before.

youth team keeper we signed on an emergency loan IIRC.

Keegan's league record last season:

Played 16

Won 4

Drawn 5

Lost 7

Points 17

For 18

Against 26

Kinnear's league record so far this season:

Played 11

Won 3

Drawn 6

Lost 2

Points 15

For 17

Against 13

Not trying to prove anyone right or wrong btw. Just facts and figures so far and obviously the opposition was different etc. Quite interesting reading though. :)

The facts don't give a true insight though.

I know he can make some baffling decisions but i think Kinnear's been fantastic since he's come in. I really don't know where all this negativity comes from.

We've been a shite bottom half of the table team for the last 3 seasons, and yet the expectation levels of some people is still as though we're a team regularly challenging for Europe.

The whole club has been dragged through a fucking mangle this season, we lost a manager after a few games, lost 5 games in a row under Hughton and looked absolutely woeful. Kinnear's come in, stopped the rot and got us playing some very good football. We've been beaten twice in 11 games FFS! When was the last time that happened? We've kept 3 clean sheets away from home in a row! When was the last time that happened? We can fucking defend, for the first time in god knows how long we can actually defend! Our strikers are scoring, our midfielders are creating and the players look like they're enjoying their football.

I think we've got a realistic chance of being a very good team again under Joe Kinnear, and for that reason he has my full support. I'll put my neck on the line now and say that i reckon we'll finish comfortably in the top half of the table this season, and if we do i think JK should be offered a long term contract.

I know he can make some baffling decisions but i think Kinnear's been fantastic since he's come in. I really don't know where all this negativity comes from.

We've been a shite bottom half of the table team for the last 3 seasons, and yet the expectation levels of some people is still as though we're a team regularly challenging for Europe.

The whole club has been dragged through a fucking mangle this season, we lost a manager after a few games, lost 5 games in a row under Hughton and looked absolutely woeful. Kinnear's come in, stopped the rot and got us playing some very good football. We've been beaten twice in 11 games FFS! When was the last time that happened? We've kept 3 clean sheets away from home in a row! When was the last time that happened? We can fucking defend, for the first time in god knows how long we can actually defend! Our strikers are scoring, our midfielders are creating and the players look like they're enjoying their football.

I think we've got a realistic chance of being a very good team again under Joe Kinnear, and for that reason he has my full support. I'll put my neck on the line now and say that i reckon we'll finish comfortably in the top half of the table this season, and if we do i think JK should be offered a long term contract.

It's not like.

I think he's been given the 'keep us up' brief and he's making us hard to beat to acheive that. It might not always be enjoyable but it will probably work.

If we fans of a club that flirts with relegation every year we would be used to this kind of management style, it is what's needed to ensure we don't start next season in the championship.

We're scoring goals, creating chances and not conceding many. If that was the case under Keegan you'd all been over the moon. The fact that it's Joe Kinnear who has achieved this feat rankles because he isn't a Keegan or a Hitzfeld or a Bilic. We might have inadvertantly stumbled upon an unlikely winning formula with Kinnear, and if results keep coming i don't see any reason to replace him. The collective ego of the majority of people on this board means that unless we have a manager at the helm whose name is recognised and well regarded you're not happy. Fuck what other fans think and fuck what the media think. Right now they're probably as pissed off as they've ever been because we can defend and we're looking like a good strong team. Kinnear has come in and made them all eat their words. He's brought some stability back to the club and he's instilled confidence in the players at a time when we desperately needed it.

A bit of gratitude to the man and some fucking respect wouldn't go amiss!

We're scoring goals, creating chances and not conceding many. If that was the case under Keegan you'd all been over the moon. The fact that it's Joe Kinnear who has achieved this feat rankles because he isn't a Keegan or a Hitzfeld or a Bilic. We might have inadvertantly stumbled upon an unlikely winning formula with Kinnear, and if results keep coming i don't see any reason to replace him. The collective ego of the majority of people on this board means that unless we have a manager at the helm whose name is recognised and well regarded you're not happy. Fuck what other fans think and fuck what the media think. Right now they're probably as pissed off as they've ever been because we can defend and we're looking like a good strong team. Kinnear has come in and made them all eat their words. He's brought some stability back to the club and he's instilled confidence in the players at a time when we desperately needed it.

A bit of gratitude to the man and some fucking respect wouldn't go amiss!

Obviously don't forget the clueless substitutions and tactics that he has employed at times.

We're scoring goals, creating chances and not conceding many. If that was the case under Keegan you'd all been over the moon. The fact that it's Joe Kinnear who has achieved this feat rankles because he isn't a Keegan or a Hitzfeld or a Bilic. We might have inadvertantly stumbled upon an unlikely winning formula with Kinnear, and if results keep coming i don't see any reason to replace him. The collective ego of the majority of people on this board means that unless we have a manager at the helm whose name is recognised and well regarded you're not happy. f*** what other fans think and f*** what the media think. Right now they're probably as pissed off as they've ever been because we can defend and we're looking like a good strong team. Kinnear has come in and made them all eat their words. He's brought some stability back to the club and he's instilled confidence in the players at a time when we desperately needed it.

A bit of gratitude to the man and some f***ing respect wouldn't go amiss!

Obviously don't forget the clueless substitutions and tactics that he has employed at times.

Obviously, but we've been beaten twice in 11 games, we've kept 3 clean sheets in a row away from home and we've just battered the current FA Cup holders on their own patch, so how's about focusing on the positives rather than fucking moaning all the time.

We're scoring goals, creating chances and not conceding many. If that was the case under Keegan you'd all been over the moon. The fact that it's Joe Kinnear who has achieved this feat rankles because he isn't a Keegan or a Hitzfeld or a Bilic. We might have inadvertantly stumbled upon an unlikely winning formula with Kinnear, and if results keep coming i don't see any reason to replace him. The collective ego of the majority of people on this board means that unless we have a manager at the helm whose name is recognised and well regarded you're not happy. f*** what other fans think and f*** what the media think. Right now they're probably as pissed off as they've ever been because we can defend and we're looking like a good strong team. Kinnear has come in and made them all eat their words. He's brought some stability back to the club and he's instilled confidence in the players at a time when we desperately needed it.

"If results keep coming" being the key words.  I'm not going to get as excited as you yet, I might do if we keep progressing.

Obviously, but we've been beaten twice in 11 games, we've kept 3 clean sheets in a row away from home and we've just battered the current FA Cup holders on their own patch, so how's about focusing on the positives rather than fucking moaning all the time.

:thup:

Credit where it's due.  I wouldn't want Joe long term and sure he's made some baffling decisions, but given the circumstances IMO he's done a really good job.

Guest Howaythetoon

Played 16

Won 4

Drawn 5

Lost 7

Points 17

For 18

Against 26

Played 11

Won 3

Drawn 6

Lost 2

Points 15

For 17

Against 13

Not trying to prove anyone right or wrong btw. Just facts and figures so far and obviously the opposition was different etc. Quite interesting reading though. :)

Those results can be attributed to the approach both men took to the task, KK started working on pass and move and playing entertaining football, Kinnear has adopted a defensive and pragmatic approach hence the draws and fewer defeats. KK's side attempted to play football against Man Utd even when we were 4-0 down. The latter will yield better results short-term, the former will yield better results and better football long-term. If Kinnear adopted a more attacking philosophy and put an emphasis on playing football we'd be getting beat in the same manner KK's side were getting beat when he first took over. Further more KK had a lot of injuries to contend with. Kinnear's record when viewed statistically isn't a bad one though so credit where it is due.

Played 16

Won 4

Drawn 5

Lost 7

Points 17

For 18

Against 26

Played 11

Won 3

Drawn 6

Lost 2

Points 15

For 17

Against 13

Those results can be attributed to the approach both men took to the task, KK started working on pass and move and playing entertaining football, Kinnear has adopted a defensive and pragmatic approach hence the draws and fewere defeats. KK's side attempted to play football against Man Utd even when we were 4-0 down. The latter will yield better results short-term, the former will yield better results and better football long-term. If Kinnear adopted a more attacking philosophy and put an emphasis on playing football we'd be getting beat in the same manner KK's side were getting beat when he first took over.

You say it as if it's fact.

Fair play to the man! He ahs definitely steadied us and we are playing much better as a unit but I wouldn't go as far to say that he will take us to where our expectation wants us to go.

I will happily wait until the end of the season to see where we are and then make a decision. You are right when you say "names" aren't important, results are.

Guest Howaythetoon

Played 16

Won 4

Drawn 5

Lost 7

Points 17

For 18

Against 26

Played 11

Won 3

Drawn 6

Lost 2

Points 15

For 17

Against 13

Those results can be attributed to the approach both men took to the task, KK started working on pass and move and playing entertaining football, Kinnear has adopted a defensive and pragmatic approach hence the draws and fewere defeats. KK's side attempted to play football against Man Utd even when we were 4-0 down. The latter will yield better results short-term, the former will yield better results and better football long-term. If Kinnear adopted a more attacking philosophy and put an emphasis on playing football we'd be getting beat in the same manner KK's side were getting beat when he first took over.

You say it as if it's fact.

It is a fact.