Kinnear Out

oldtype

Fair play to him today, picked the right team and it would have been easy to kneejerk and make daft changes for the sake of it in the second half but he kept it the same and it worked a charm.

Anyone care to hazard a guess at the last time we went three consecutive games without conceding on the road?

Fair play to him today, picked the right team and it would have been easy to kneejerk and make daft changes for the sake of it in the second half but he kept it the same and it worked a charm.

Anyone care to hazard a guess at the last time we went three consecutive games without conceding on the road?

Arsenal, Man Utd & West Ham last 3 away games of the 96/7 season?

Surely we'll have done it since then though. :lol:

Its so important that we follow up todays result with a good one next weekend.

That will make things a whole lot brighter, going into the Xmas week.

Three points off them twats will make my Christmas.

+1

That'll do me, don't need any other presents.

Three points off them twats will make my Christmas.

Top of my Santa list is a list minute winner for us going in off David Bentley's face.

Arsenal, Man Utd & West Ham last 3 away games of the 96/7 season?

Surely we'll have done it since then though. :lol:

Nope. Gullit, Bobby, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Pearson, Keegan II and Hughton never managed it. :lol:

In fairness, i said after Chelsea/Boro - a minimum of four points  was essential.

:doh:

Who've we got on Boxing Day btw?

Wigan again. Get your money on Ryan Taylor.

BTW Woodgate is definitely out on Thursday. I want a Martins vs Dawson rematch.

In fairness, i said after Chelsea/Boro - a minimum of four points  was essential.

:doh:

Who've we got on Boxing Day btw?

Wigan again. Get your money on Ryan Taylor.

BTW Woodgate is definitely out on Thursday. I want a Martins vs Dawson rematch.

if they'd faced each other in a figurative boxing ring instead of a pitch, Dawson would have been killed 4 times over

As far as I see it, Kinnear was the only manager out there who had the balls to stand up and have a go at what was a quickly sinking ship. He's managed to gain some consistancy, even if its below what the vast majority of fans think we should be achieveing. We could have quite easily been at rock bottom with a large percentage of the players wanting out as soon as the January window came along.

True enough he has made some bad decisions but as much as I would want to manage the club, there would be no way I would have taken the role when he did. He was destined for failure, with only a tiny slither of light available for any sort of success. People have got to remember that we have a thin squad of average players and that mid table was the very best we were ever going to achieve this season (even if, dare I say it, the walking talking messiah was still here).

Theres still a lot of anger around the place after the events at the beginnning of the season and this was bound to come out as soon as a few bad results came our way. The team and men making the decisions at this very tricky stage in the clubs history need the support because the last we need is further changes. We are starting to gain some consistancy again and results will come eventually. Theres still half the season left and we are far from being 'left behind'. I'd much rather be in the scenario we have now than back when the club was in TOTAL freefall only a few months ago.

Kinnear will at least have my support until the end of the season!

well said

Agree with everypoint in that post.

If i'd been out of footy for four years and would do anything to get another shot (with a nice £10k-a-week on top of it), i think i'd take the job n'all. This whole "he's shown some big balls taking on the job" is proving to be such a get out for him now. He was finished man, until we came along. I don't resent him for that, btw - i appreciate it, he even said it himself in his first press conference, he'd be daft not to take it. It shouldn't be an excuse for his ineptitude though imo.

Quit your fucking whining Yorkie. No one's using it as an excuse for his 'ineptitude'. He made a mistake against Stoke, granted, but he seems to have addressed it and we've come away with a great 3 points today. Give him a bit of credit ffs.

If i'd been out of footy for four years and would do anything to get another shot (with a nice £10k-a-week on top of it), i think i'd take the job n'all. This whole "he's shown some big balls taking on the job" is proving to be such a get out for him now. He was finished man, until we came along. I don't resent him for that, btw - i appreciate it, he even said it himself in his first press conference, he'd be daft not to take it. It shouldn't be an excuse for his ineptitude though imo.

Yes and no. Don't forget that Venables bottled it. I bet he's kicking himself now. I don't rate Kinnear but he'll keep us up, that'll do for the time being. Today was quite :) too

Keegan's league record last season:

Played 16

Won 4

Drawn 5

Lost 7

Points 17

For 18

Against 26

Kinnear's league record so far this season:

Played 11

Won 3

Drawn 6

Lost 2

Points 15

For 17

Against 13

Not trying to prove anyone right or wrong btw. Just facts and figures so far and obviously the opposition was different etc. Quite interesting reading though. :)

I don't think stats could ever do justice to how Keegan got us playing at the end of last season.

Fair comment. :nods:

I'd settle for points rather than performances atm though. ;)

Couldn't agree more, I'm struggling to form opinions let alone type right now though, tomorrow might be tricky :(