Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

Who can f***ing blame him?

1. He didn't want to come here in the first place. It was either here or Madrid's bench.

2. 5 points off Europe, 5 points off Relegation. If you aren't fully committed to the club, why would you commit yourself before the club is safe?

Nobody can see tonight's developments as a 'revelation' at all tbh.

You also don't get people saying, "well it's been 2-3 days and we've still heard nowt on Owen" either.

To be honest i wont shed i tear if he eventually leaves, the mans thorough class and is an exceptional player but I'd look forward to seeing what the scouting team could provide for us.

Silver lining and all that, at 29 are we going to continue to see the best from him throughout the remainder of his contract when the same resources could go on another younger player...to me its a win win situation.

That doesn't look like spin, it looks like fairly educated guess work which will probably not be too far off the mark. The plus point of all this is he will be desperate to prove his form and fitness to other potential interested clubs so we will have him at his best while he is still here.

Guest sicko2ndbest

That doesn't look like spin, it looks like fairly educated guess work which will probably not be too far off the mark. The plus point of all this is he will be desperate to prove his form and fitness to other potential interested clubs so we will have him at his best while he is still here.

It is spin because it could be interpreted one way or the other. The mail have chose to headline one of those ways

:thup:

We may well lose him but if he gives everything and bangs a shedload of goals in between now and the end of the season it can only be a good thing for us.

It is spin because it could be interpreted one way or the other. The mail have chose to headline one of those ways

They interpreted it the same way you have judging by your posts. Did you want them to interpret it differently?

:thup:

We may well lose him but if he gives everything and bangs a shedload of goals in between now and the end of the season it can only be a good thing for us.

We brought Owen here when he would have preferred to go to Liverpool, and if he ends his contract well by hitting form it's all we can ask for. I do feel shame though that a guy who leads us out onto the pitch wearing the captain's armband doesn't know whether he wants to be here next season.

Fully expect him to leave TBH, unless we get into Europe or have a very big takeover.

So do I but we just have to keep building and moving forward. Owen has to look after Owen and we have to look after Newcastle.

Fully expect him to leave TBH, unless we get into Europe or have a very big takeover.

So do I but we just have to keep building and moving forward. Owen has to look after Owen and we have to look after Newcastle.

About time some fucker did :lol:

Smart decision from his point of view.  If we do really well and finish comfortably mid table/pushing for Europe, he can demand lots of money.  If we go down or struggle to stay up, he's out of contract and can leave. 

On the other hand, if he gets injured for any length of time, no one will want him and we can reduce our offer accordingly. At least we know now he is motivated for the rest of the season.

Guest firetotheworks

This board is so full of predictable stupidity its unreal. Why would anyone sign a 3 year contract with a club who is trying to change its owner and has an interim manager? We offered him a fair deal and I think he's given us a fair answer considering the limbo that we're in.

So how's the board showing stupidity there? I can imagine the reaction if they hadn't offered him a deal and just decided they'd wait until June. At least they tried sorting it, and Owen gave us an honest answer. Fair play on both sides this last week tbh.

I think he means N-O.

It's only about three people tbf.

Surely we could have been told this in the summer btw? Id imagine he rejected any offer Keegan put forward in May/early summer for the same reasons

Fair enough, but Kinnear said he expected to hear back in the next few days, and he has done. Everyone knows where we stand which is a lot better than if we were being left in the dark over whether or not we'd offered him a contract, and again if we were left handing around waiting to hear from him.