Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

he's a f***ing liar, he hasn't played over 500 games ffs

trying to big himself up, can't wait until someone breaks his foot or knee again

:lol:

he has like

Guest Phil K

Sorry, I havent been paying much attention to this so could someone fill me in on what he has said about NUFC or the fans (if anything) since signing for man u?

Cheers fellas.

Well, he's commented on a feeling of "bitterness" from not just Newcastle fans about his dismal return for huge wages and his lack of games played saying "It's not as if I commited a crime" and of course the rags have not given him the grilling he WOULD have had if the clubs were reversed. He also said Newcastle should make Shearer the manager.

I hope he breaks both his legs and for a change be on the sick for a REAL reason.

I agree with .com in that I'm looking forward to adding my boos to Liverpool fans when the gloryhunters visit Anfield (Not often I'd agree with Liverpool fans believe me) I'd love to see Owen become the pariah Ronaldo and Beckham became after their shenanigans for their national sides.

Sorry, I havent been paying much attention to this so could someone fill me in on what he has said about NUFC or the fans (if anything) since signing for man u?

Cheers fellas.

Well, he's commented on a feeling of "bitterness" from not just Newcastle fans about his dismal return for huge wages and his lack of games played saying "It's not as if I commited a crime" and of course the rags have not given him the grilling he WOULD have had if the clubs were reversed. He also said Newcastle should make Shearer the manager.

I hope he breaks both his legs and for a change be on the sick for a REAL reason.

I agree with .com in that I'm looking forward to adding my boos to Liverpool fans when the gloryhunters visit Anfield (Not often I'd agree with Liverpool fans believe me) I'd love to see Owen become the pariah Ronaldo and Beckham became after their shenanigans for their national sides.

Care to elaborate?

trying to big himself up, can't wait until someone breaks his foot or knee again

he has like

Only just.

he has like

Only just.

:lol: why does that matter? he said he has played over 500 games which he has. 

he has like

Only just.

:lol: why does that matter? he said he has played over 500 games which he has.

Doesn't. Was just curious so checked it out. Turns out he's played 418 club games + 89 England caps.

He doesn't even know how many people St. James take when it's full ffs

"Fifty, five thousand every week"  :facepalm:

We are blaming him for rounding up to the nearest 5k now, wow ok.

He doesn't even know how many people St. James take when it's full ffs

"Fifty, five thousand every week"  :facepalm:

We are blaming him for rounding up to the nearest 5k now, wow ok.

It's a hugely common mistake.

He p*ssed Real about too - shows what sort of prick he is

How did he piss Real about exactly?

Was lethal when selected for them - had a brilliant strike rate.

Brilliant strike rate or not Capello obviously doesn't like him from his time there, I'll be surprised if he picks him for England, even if he is a Man U player. Heskey and Crouch hardly scored any goals yet he picks them.

Here's hoping for a non call up anyway, just to annoy the little prick.

Brilliant strike rate or not Capello obviously doesn't like him from his time there, I'll be surprised if he picks him for England, even if he is a Man U player. Heskey and Crouch hardly scored any goals yet he picks them.

Capello did actually like Owen at Real Madrid, if he didn't he wouldn't of played.

Capello did actually like Owen at Real Madrid, if he didn't he wouldn't of played.

But he barley played there. He was a sub most of the time. There were rumours of him leaving 6 months after signing

But he barley played there. He was a sub most of the time. There were rumours of him leaving 6 months after signing

He scored 16 goals in 43 appearances buddy, true some of them were subs.  Would you consider that barely playing and not being a success though?

You can't call Owens spell at Real as successful imo, he was unhappy since about day one and you could see that on him, why do you think he went as far as signing for us?

He wanted to play in England and we were to only ones stupid enough to pay him what he wanted.

It was a success, his first season there and finished it as having the highest ratio of goals scored to number of minutes played in the league.  Not his fault they signed Robinho and Julio Baptista really.

Capello told you this himself did he? Capello who left owen out of a league game a week after owen had scored 4 goals in a Cup game?

Guest Magpie007

we did not have to offer him stupid money to come and play for us and it's not his fault he picked up a few injuries  :frantic:

If someone offered you 100K a week you'd take it and if it did not work out you'd move on  :snod:

This has been mentioned several times but, Owen didn't perform at all well last season & knew he was going to leave. He also missed the chances that would have kept us up. The chances against Man C and Everton easily spring to mind, there were also others.

He has got himself a right result and a little humility over what he did here would have been nice. He is trying to absolve himself of any blame & by bragging about how many games he was involved in last season simply adds to the weight of argument over poor performances.

Cheers fellas.

He said he'd been treated like a criminal because of his injuries and how he's having the last laugh now.