Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

found out? I doubt it, I think this is all because we know he'll probably do alright for them. Not that I want him to, but he'll be surrounded by players that will supply him with his selfish supply. The end of the season when we had a quality set up with Keegan proved that. He'll probably do well, but I hope he doesnt. I dont want to say any more than that though, because quite frankly Im sick of the sight of this f***ing thread.

Yup - he's going to try his arse off next season, he'll get the supply and he'll score goals. We're going to hate it but people need to get used to it and move on. He was a disastrous signing for us, you cannot build a side around Michael Owen and if a club like us pay £17 million then it needs to be for someone who you can build around. It was a case of wrong player, wrong club. Ridiculous decision to make him captain, he is quite clearly not a leader and never will be. His faults were on full view at the end but the club is not blameless  IMO.   

It was quite clearly a smart PR move by Keegan. Paid off as well at the back end of that season tbf. Disgraceful though after Keegan.

It was quite clearly a smart PR move by Keegan. Paid off as well at the back end of that season tbf. Disgraceful though after Keegan.

:nods:

To be honest, I didn't see any difference in mannerism with Owen under Keegan and after. Difference was under Keegan, players around him were performing better and he was taking his chances, even up until Dec-Jan he was still scoring goals. After that however, we weren't playing well, he wasn't playing well, so it stood out more.

found out? I doubt it, I think this is all because we know he'll probably do alright for them. Not that I want him to, but he'll be surrounded by players that will supply him with his selfish supply. The end of the season when we had a quality set up with Keegan proved that. He'll probably do well, but I hope he doesnt. I dont want to say any more than that though, because quite frankly Im sick of the sight of this f***ing thread.

Yup - he's going to try his arse off next season, he'll get the supply and he'll score goals. We're going to hate it but people need to get used to it and move on. He was a disastrous signing for us, you cannot build a side around Michael Owen and if a club like us pay £17 million then it needs to be for someone who you can build around. It was a case of wrong player, wrong club. Ridiculous decision to make him captain, he is quite clearly not a leader and never will be. His faults were on full view at the end but the club is not blameless  IMO.   

I enjoyed that little period at the end of last season as much as any (the team really looked like they wanted it) but am unconvinced that anything that happened in that brief spell was down to Owen's captaincy or any PR derived from that decsion tbh. I know why you made that point - I just don't buy it.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

If anything it was Keegan's last swing at us before he took his swings on the golf courses of sunny espanol. A real kick in the cunt.

Every word spot on.

Every word spot on.

I think the most important factor for Owen is that he will be happy at his club and with the prospect of being closer to home (his real home). That was never the case here from the first day to the last and that's the only reason very few up here have taken to him. A bad deal all round.

If anything it was Keegan's last swing at us before he took his swings on the golf courses of sunny espanol. A real kick in the c***.

Yeah it was a real nightmare beating Spurs, Reading, Fulham, Sunderland, Bolton.  :dowie:

If anything it was Keegan's last swing at us before he took his swings on the golf courses of sunny espanol. A real kick in the c***.

Yeah it was a real nightmare beating Spurs, Reading, Fulham, Sunderland, Bolton:dowie:

We didn't beat Bolton under Keegan, did we? It was 0-0 imo.

Yeah it was a real nightmare beating Spurs, Reading, Fulham, Sunderland, Bolton:dowie:

We didn't beat Bolton under Keegan, did we? It was 0-0 imo.

:lol:

Every word spot on.

I think the most important factor for Owen is that he will be happy at his club and with the prospect of being closer to home (his real home). That was never the case here from the first day to the last and that's the only reason very few up here have taken to him. A bad deal all round.

Liverpool fans never really took to him either, not to the extent you'd expect given how important he was to the side. It's because Owen never engaged emotionally with the club or the fans, only with Michael Owen's career. 

Every word spot on.

Liverpool fans never really took to him either, not to the extent you'd expect given how important he was to the side. It's because Owen never engaged emotionally with the club or the fans, only with Michael Owen's career. 

So what you're trying to say is that he's always been a selfish cunt?

Every word spot on.

So what you're trying to say is that he's always been a selfish cunt?

In a nutshell, yup.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Saw something flash on SSN about Owen walking out of a training session? Can't seem to find anything about it, but probably didn't read it correctly - Michael Owen walking?

Saw something flash on SSN about Owen walking out of a training session? Can't seem to find anything about it, but probably didn't read it correctly - Michael Owen walking?

He has sacked the trainer at his stables, possibly that.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He has sacked the trainer at his stables, possibly that.

Ah right, yeah probably was that, just glanced at SSN and saw Michael Owner and Trainer.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Nah, no need for death threats to the guy. Karma will catch up to him and he'll score 100 ow(e)n goals.

btw, two of my mates were at the airport yesterday. Gave Owen a right bollocking :lol:

They screamed his name when he stepped out the gate and apparently he went completely pale when he saw that they were wearing Toon shirts!

ha, interesting.. Reminds me of this little confrontation I had the other week..

So I was just getting home after a hard day's work and I see this f***ing stupid idiot walking his dog ON MY STREET sporting an Owen Man Utd shirt. So naturally I felt I had to assault him, verbally at least - I sneaked in behind like a f***ing ninja and shouted in his ear something like "YOU'RE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKERRR!!".. Must've caught him by surprise cause the poor fucker ran away without even turning around.. he even left his f***ing dog behind..