Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/0,,10265~1688767,00.html

Martin O'Neill has this evening dismissed stories suggesting Villa have offered Michael Owen a two-year contract.

O'Neill has hit back after newspaper reports suggested the club were ready to hand the England striker almost £3m per season - with a further 12 month option dependent on injuries and goals.

No smoke without fire?

I can see him jumping at the chance to go to Villa actually

I think people here more than anywhere will know Owen's priority is England so he'll be desperate to play alongside Heskey who is the current flavour of the month up front for the national side

Guest Stephen927

he's due a 2 million loyalty bonus as well

If he has any self respect he will not take it.

We should pay him the whole amount in 5p pieces, make him count every single one to make sure that we're not underpaying him.

Definitely.  >:D

Guest toonlass

We should pay him the whole amount in 5p pieces, make him count every single one to make sure that we're not underpaying him.

5p's are too kind. Pennies would be better.

Guest Stephen927

Lets see him try and take off in his helicopter with that lot in there.  :lol:

Martin O'Neill has this evening dismissed stories suggesting Villa have offered Michael Owen a two-year contract.

O'Neill has hit back after newspaper reports suggested the club were ready to hand the England striker almost £3m per season - with a further 12 month option dependent on injuries and goals.

No smoke without fire?

"There is no way that we have offered Michael a two-year contract at almost £3m per season, with a further 12 month option dependent on injuries and goals. It's more like 2 and a half"

I can see a ZX spectrum game out of this, Little Mickey and his Fantastic Chopper.  He has to rescure the gold from the angry natives................

I dunno about this. On a pay as you play deal maybe or somet contract with the right to kick him out if injuries give us the excuse.

I wonder if MON will see this as the chance to play him alongside Heskey all the frigging time, though.

No smoke without fire?

"There is no way that we have offered Michael a two-year contract at almost £3m per season, with a further 12 month option dependent on injuries and goals. It's more like 2 and a half"

That's exactly how I read it too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/06/09/owen-s-wanted-115875-21426294/

Michael Owen move to Aston Villa moves closer after owner gives green light to £3m wages

By Football Spy 9/06/2009

Martin O'Neill has been given the go-ahead from Randy Lerner to offer Michael Owen the chance to salvage his career at Aston Villa.

The Villa boss is putting together a package, believed to be in the region of £3million-a-year, to land the England striker later this month.

The 29-year-old's contract at Newcastle runs out on June 30 and O'Neill is ready to fight Everton and Italian giants Roma for his services. He is excited by the prospect of reigniting the partnership Owen enjoyed with former Liverpool and England strike-partner Emile Heskey.

There will be a fall-back in case Owen's chronic injury record resurfaces in that the deal will be reviewed in 12 months, dependent on appearances and goals.

Owen has had a miserable four years at Newcastle, scoring 29 goals in 71 appearances.

Guest Stephen927

I can see a ZX spectrum game out of this, Little Mickey and his Fantastic Chopper.  He has to rescure the gold from the angry natives................

http://www.blogcdn.com/nintendo.joystiq.com/media/2008/06/alex_kidd_miracle_world_vcmm_lg.jpg

Could slightly adapt Alex Kidd in Miracle World, but just expand the helicopter levels. Awww look at him in his chopper!  :aww:

No smoke without fire?

"Just" £55k/week then. How the mighty have fallen.

Still think you need to half that again though before he looks like a bargain.

Will be fucking sickening seeing his interview about how he wants to get into the England squad, wants to get his career back on track etc, while we are fucking rotting in the Championship. We paid this cunt an absolute fortune, he didnt deliver and look at us now. But no worries, as long as he can get another ridiculous contract at a Premier League club, sure fuck Newcastle. Hope he breaks his fucking legs.

Will be f***ing sickening seeing his interview about how he wants to get into the England squad, wants to get his career back on track etc, while we are f***ing rotting in the Championship. We paid this c*** an absolute fortune, he didnt deliver and look at us now. But no worries, as long as he can get another ridiculous contract at a Premier League club, sure f*** Newcastle. Hope he breaks his f***ing legs.

True

But we aren't a one man team.  There was 10 other players out on the pitch with the guy.

Will be f***ing sickening seeing his interview about how he wants to get into the England squad, wants to get his career back on track etc, while we are f***ing rotting in the Championship. We paid this c*** an absolute fortune, he didnt deliver and look at us now. But no worries, as long as he can get another ridiculous contract at a Premier League club, sure f*** Newcastle. Hope he breaks his f***ing legs.

True

But we aren't a one man team. There was 10 other players out on the pitch with the guy.

Owen always spoke about how he scores goals, he is or should have been a different class to the rest of the team, what ever happened to the form at the start of last season when he got back into the England team? Completely disappeared once Capello dropped him and showed no sign of picking him again. He took the club for a ride with injuries, England and lack of goals and effort, all at the cost of about 130k a week.

I agree there are others on the pitch with their share of the blame, but for me, out of the players, Owen's share is by far the biggest.

I agree there are others on the pitch with their share of the blame, but for me, out of the players, Owen's share is by far the biggest.

I wouldn't blame Owen for the lack of goals as it was always so obvious that the others didn't offer him any sort of a service whatsoever but he's to blame and I can't remember a player in balck & white shirt who has been worse value for money than mighty Michael...the sooner we get rid of him the better but WTF is this loyalty bonus of 2 millions menationed earlier?

Whether or not he's 'to blame' I don't know, and it doesn't really matter at this point, all I know is he hasn't contributed much to NUFC at all and we won't even notice the difference when he's gone. Except the wage bill will be a bit lighter.

Will there ever be a player more vociferously booed at SJP should he ever return? :lol:

The likelihood is we'll never see Owen at SJP again. We look miles off returning to the PL atn and even if we do, his injury record hardly gaurentees an appearance.

Guest Ebolarama

Who cares about Owen and where he goes or if he "breaks his fucking legs" as long as we get him off the wage bill?

The day we signed him I really thought that I had found my next big footballing hero. On a few brief occasions he gave us some great memories its just such a shame that it never worked out.

But, I still like him and wish him all the best tbh.