Portsmouth 0 - 3 Newcastle United - 14/12/08 - Post match jubilation from p20

Dave

James was fully trying to break Owens legs for the first goal as well.

no he wasn't

whatever, haven't seen it on tv yet, that's the telephony review I've had, I'm happy to make unjustified accusations

Was Coloccini THAT bad?

No.

Come on, the guy reckons Guthrie is the future of our midfield. He's prone to exaggeration.

Am I really the only one that sees something different in him? His technique is excellent, his vision and range of passing is impressive, and he works hard and reads the game well! Super finish today as well, and can take a decent set-piece.

I really see a lot more potential in him than I saw in some of the recent incumbents like Parker and Jenas

I think people would be fawning over him if he were foreign.  Really like him as a player, has everything that Carrick does in my opinion, i genuinly think we have a gem of a player here, he has star DM written all over him.

He proved that on the park today and when he was OFF the park last week.

He's playing in front of what I think id the best back 4 we've put out in a long while.

no he wasn't

whatever, haven't seen it on tv yet, that's the telephony review I've had, I'm happy to make unjustified accusations

they are the most fun ones to make.

no he wasn't

they are the most fun ones to make.

I quite enjoy it. I'll be disappointed if I see the replay and find it isn't true.

Enrique was our worst player by a distance. Got done quite a few times and gave the ball away.

all the back 4 were shaky on the ball,enrique was probably the best of the 4 with the ball and i only really remember him getting done the once.

Enrique was our worst player by a distance. Got done quite a few times and gave the ball away.

eh?

Which bit don't you like? The team's performance carried him through the 2nd half, at 0-0 he was shakey (imo).

Thought Jose did ok today. Decent defensively, distribution not as poor as usual (out of play rather than to them as far as I could tell) and nearly opened the scoring.

I'm not saying he was shit, just thought he looked vulnerable, one where he got nutsed after barely putting a challenge in sticks out, also thought he let Defoe past him a bit easily in the 2nd half. Probably the wrong choice of words saying he was the worst, but definitely looked shakey to me anyway.

eh?

He speaks the truth. Wasn't bad, but not outstanding.

wasn't the worst on the pitch by a distance, either.

Exactly, hence my above post.

Great finish by Owen.  Totally enjoyed the 2nd half.

Does anyone think that a Pen would have been given had Owen missed his chance? IMO it was a stonewall pen but I think the ref would have bottled it.

Crumpy said it earlier, absolutely spot on, shocking challenge, fantastic finish. I'd rather have him for 18 (unlikely) more games than £4m.