Portsmouth 0 - 3 Newcastle United - 14/12/08 - Post match jubilation from p20

Dave

Great performance, created plenty and looked solid at the back.

Makes it more frustrating that we continue to play football in the 2nd half vs Stoke.

Looking back, that's probably a one-off because we had loads of players playing out of position and the CM who made things tick going off at HT.

In the last 7 halves that we've played our best players in their best positions, we've scored 5 and conceded none.

Sets us up nicely for Spurs at home who we normally trounce when we play them in the December/January months!

With the confidence we will gain from this and Spurs' general increase in confidence since Harry took over, it could be an absolutely cracking game.

Get at good atmosphere at SJP and it could be a great Chritsmas fixture.

Sets us up nicely for Spurs at home who we normally trounce when we play them in the December/January months!

With the confidence we will gain from this and Spurs' general increase in confidence since Harry took over, it could be an absolutely cracking game.

Get at good atmosphere at SJP and it could be a great Chritsmas fixture.

Really looking forward to next match, tbh. With only three points separating 18th from 10th, and both teams with identical records, this game is huge for both teams. Hopefully Kinnear has learned a thing or two about what style of football our players should be playing.

Guest Jawesome

Funny what 1 single win does, ey?

Shhhh, we're enjoying it while we can!  Good win for yous yesterday anarl.  Lets all have a disco, na na na naaaa!

Great result, obviously, which will hopefully give the team a bit of confidence.

Tbh, I didn't think it was that great a performance. Our first two goals came from them giving the ball away in their own half. It was also a bit of a tale of two keepers.

I just wish we were a bit better at keeping possesion when the midfield is under pressure. Still, Enrique proved in the second half that he can defend when he's got a mind to.

Now please don't give me all the somepeopleareneverhappy bollocks.

Great result, obviously, which will hopefully give the team a bit of confidence.

Tbh, I didn't think it was that great a performance. Our first two goals came from them giving the ball away in their own half. It was also a bit of a tale of two keepers.

I just wish we were a bit better at keeping possesion when the midfield is under pressure. Still, Enrique proved in the second half that he can defend when he's got a mind to.

Pompey really do look bad. Some of the mistakes they made were ridiculous. I mean the last two seasons, they've been one of the strongest teams in the league and were very hard to break down. I don't know what's changed. Totally different team than the one that came to SJP last year.

Pompey really do look bad. Some of the mistakes they made were ridiculous. I mean the last two seasons, they've been one of the strongest teams in the league and were very hard to break down. I don't know what's changed. Totally different team than the one that came to SJP last year.

The manager?

After the first 20 minutes, gaps started appearing all over the place. However good a player Adams was, he's inexperienced as a manager, and he's likely to face a difficult second half of the season.