Proposed new Spurs stadium

Syrette

They can't fill s**** Fart Lane can they?So why??

I'm pretty sure they can. I know a season ticket holder and he claims there's a fairly long waiting list to get one aswell.

They can but they don't regularly.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/matches/matches_frr.html

Every competetive home game they've had this season they've got above 35000 and the ground holds 36214. I'd say thats pretty much filling it.

all these new grounds look all the same. nothing special about this to be honest.

My gripe with modern football stadia.

Another slightly bigger version of the Riverside / Reebok / Britannia / Whateverbowl.

These new grounds have all the charm of an out of town shopping centre.

Give me Highbury/Goodison any day over the likes of Riverside/Britannia. Lovely old fashioned ground, shame Highbury couldn't get the revenue that The Emirates can  :weep:

I agree - they all had soul, and seemed full of history.

The concrete and glass monstrosities have neither.

For example the builder of Goodison Park was the same feller who did Ibrox Park and Roker Park, and you could tell by the wooden lattice on the stands of all three.

They do fill White Hart Lane though, for the last 4 or 5 years they've had a 98%/99% of capacity sold for league games.

For a standard season ticket not in the expensive West Stand they have a pretty long waiting list.

Give me Highbury/Goodison any day over the likes of Riverside/Britannia. Lovely old fashioned ground, shame Highbury couldn't get the revenue that The Emirates can  :weep:

I agree - they all had soul, and seemed full of history.

The concrete and glass monstrosities have neither.

For example the builder of Goodison Park was the same feller who did Ibrox Park and Roker Park, and you could tell by the wooden lattice on the stands of all three.

archibald leach i think. he had a design for SJP around that time aswell. i loved those grounds. villa park (that old stand) is of a similar style but not one of his i think.

I'm pretty sure they can. I know a season ticket holder and he claims there's a fairly long waiting list to get one aswell.

They can but they don't regularly.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/matches/matches_frr.html

Every competetive home game they've had this season they've got above 35000 and the ground holds 36214. I'd say thats pretty much filling it.

Close but not close enough to suggest they could bring in anywhere near enough fans to make a 60k stadium worthwhile.

Also having a large season ticket waiting list doesn't tell us much.  Everyone on the waiting list will likely be part of those 35k at the ground every week.  After all clubs only sell a certain percentage of their total capacity as season tickets.  There was a time after St James' Park had been expanded when we were getting over 50k every week and had a massive season ticket waiting list, but that didn't mean we could have gotten 65-70k in the stadium had we expanded.