The Wise/Jimenez/Vetere AND KEVIN KEEGAN appreciation thread

oldtype

They're made some very good signings, but they also made some poor ones, especially Gonzales which has been an utter disaster.  Meanwhile they left numerous holes in the squad while £12 or so million sat in the bank unused.  They also missed out on quite a few signings, and I'd hardly say Jiminez hoodwinked Mallorca into handing over Jonas for peanuts, they had no say in the matter.  But I congratulate them none the less for identifying him and acting quickly to sign him first.  In other words its been a very mixed bag IMO.

You're blaming them for a player picking up an injury mackems.gif

They're made some very good signings, but they also made some poor ones, especially Gonzales which has been an utter disaster.  Meanwhile they left numerous holes in the squad while £12 or so million sat in the bank unused.  They also missed out on quite a few signings, and I'd hardly say Jiminez hoodwinked Mallorca into handing over Jonas for peanuts, they had no say in the matter.  But I congratulate them none the less for identifying him and acting quickly to sign him first.  In other words its been a very mixed bag IMO.

He had injury problems before that, why the fuck do you think they loaned him out?  To prove his fitness, and it blew up in their faces :doh:

If he was a known  target we should of got him earlier on in the summer before he moved to Spain & not picked him up on loan on deadline day like an after thought.

If he was a known  target we should of got him earlier on in the summer before he moved to Spain & not picked him up on loan on deadline day like an after thought.

If they wanted him, missed out, then had the chance to get him for 12 months, I can't see the problem tbh.

Many geordies in this thread?

What has that got to do with anything?

Obviously because only non-Geordies could be stupid enough to write anything that could be even remotely construed as an insult against the saint that is Kevin Keegan.  :mick:

He had injury problems before that, why the fuck do you think they loaned him out?  To prove his fitness, and it blew up in their faces :doh:

Footballers get injuries :doh:

How would you compare their transfers over the summer, with say Allardyce's success in the market the summer previous?

Guest Heneage

Many geordies in this thread?

Arguably your most idiotic statement to date.

I refuse to get into a massive Keegan debate.

However, of the signings made under the stewardship of these 3 all bar Gonzalez who to my knowledge hasn't actually started a full 90, have been brilliant. Colocinni is on par with Woodgate but thus far hasn't spent his time on the injury table as much as Woody did. Guthrie for £2.5m is a steady midfielder with a touch of class now and again. Bassong compliments Colocinni brilliantly with a much more physical game. Jonas is a solid creative force that has no problems blasting forward. Xisco has potential and is really settling in for this year at least.

Then on the youth side, we have Ranger, Soderberg, Kadar, Tozer, Baheng all young talents that seem markably better than what we have currently on the books.

He had injury problems before that, why the f*** do you think they loaned him out? 

Because people at Valencia more than likely thought they were going to sell a few players, they didn't, so they loaned out there new signing because they have better players.

If they wanted him, missed out, then had the chance to get him for 12 months, I can't see the problem tbh.

I don't think he was a target earlier on in the summer, we got him in because we needed bodies in & it was really late on deadline day.

can we change this to the Wise/Jiminez/Vetere/Keegan appreciation thread? Why miss off someone who also played a part in transfers? Apparently Keegan was behind the Guthrie signing while he also personally ran the rule over Bassong during the trial period. He also never voiced displeasure at the Jonas or Colo signings which suggests he also had a say there. conversly, it looked like he exercised some more quality control in turning down Diane and Gomis after personally scouting them, being pictured at a couple of ligue 1 games alongside Vetere. The signings he seemed to have a problem with were Xisco and Gonzalez, cant say i disagree with him on those two.

I don't think Keegan really needs a whole separate thread for even more appreciation.

You should of really added him into this thread as he had the  "FINAL" say on first team signings, although I am not sure on Xisco & Nacho though.

i'm sure if oldtype is genuinely making a thread about the recruitment team instead of being wilfully divisive then he'll include Keegan

can we change this to the Wise/Jiminez/Vetere/Keegan appreciation thread? Why miss off someone who also played a part in transfers? Apparently Keegan was behind the Guthrie signing while he also personally ran the rule over Bassong during the trial period. He also never voiced displeasure at the Jonas or Colo signings which suggests he also had a say there. conversly, it looked like he exercised some more quality control in turning down Diane and Gomis after personally scouting them, being pictured at a couple of ligue 1 games alongside Vetere. The signings he seemed to have a problem with were Xisco and Gonzalez, cant say i disagree with him on those two.

I don't think Keegan really needs a whole separate thread for even more appreciation.

You should of really added him into this thread as he had the  "FINAL" say on first team signings, although I am not sure on Xisco & Nacho though.

i'm sure if oldtype is genuinely making a thread about the recruitment team instead of being wilfully divisive then he'll include Keegan

Sigh.

Fine.

The fact that the absolute worst signing of the summer is a loanee we got for nothing, as opposed to Alan Smith for 6m or Duff for 5m or Boumsong for 8m is a ringing endorsement for the recruitment team if anything.

Bingo!

I don't think he was a target earlier on in the summer, we got him in because we needed bodies in & it was really late on deadline day.

Make your mind up :dontknow:

The fact that the absolute worst signing of the summer is a loanee we got for nothing

Xisco could be the worst signing but we will have to wait & see on that one as it may take Owen, Oba, Viduka, Shola & Andy Carroll to get knocks before Joe lets us see him play again.

A loan signing we got for nothing, thats right La Liga sides loan players out free of charge. We will have paid a loan fee & paying all his wages.

Coloccini is our classiest since Albert tbh

He's not. Some fella who now plays for Spurs was much better and classier for us than Colo has been yet.

and Steve Howey was a better defender than Albert too

Sigh.

Fine.

:angel: