Sam Allardyce signs 3-year contract with Blackburn Rovers

Optimistic Nut

Guest Stephen927

Got off to a very good start today.

He has the players at Blackburn to play long-ball, trying to play that system here without a target man and Martins on the wing was utterly baffling for the most part.

Aye was awful. Took a day off work, spent £100ish and got served up that abomination. We rarely saw the match it was all in the centre circle (pretty much where they scored from too)

That game was my low point of his time here.

Ince would have got a result today aswell tbh.

No, there's nothing to suggest he would. Despite the 3-0 emphatic looking scoreline, Stoke were all over Blackburn throughout the match, the pen and the second goal were drastically against the run of play, and Stoke hit the post twice and had one cleared off the line.

I reckon if Ince was still there, Stoke might have scored one early on and Blackburn would have crumbled.

he wasnt THAT bad here. when i was criticising him during his reign you were all giving me a bashing yet the minute he left he was 's***'. the truth is he wouldve done a decent job if given a couple of years, solidified us as a top 7 side playing boring and dull football. i'm not sure it wouldve been worth putting up with the s*** football for such modest returns, but by no means is he a bad manager. when he left Bolton he had them 5th in the table with 3 games of the season left.

he made plenty of mistakes but in my view he was trying to adapt the club to fit him rather than the other way round, which proved to be his undoing. he basically admitted as much with richard keyes after he left. but he was here a matter of months so you cant make any sort of reasonable judgement. ashley got rid as he wanted his own manager and a better brand of football. ridiculous to make any sort of judgement based on his very short time here under a chairman who barely backed him. he was neither forced out of the club by impatient fans and nor did he fail, he was just a victim of circumstances out of his control, that is, the club changing ownership shortly after he joined us.

Don't agree with that at all. We all know you're very much anti-Ashley, you just seem to be reinforcing that.

Not necessarily. I'm somewhat "pro-Ashley" if you want to call it that, yet I agree with Johnny's comments. I think Allardyce got nowhere near enough time here, and would NOT have relegated us.

Guest Heneage

Realistically Big Sam would never get a job in mainland Europe, due to his inability to adapt and modify tactics. For him to work you either need his style of player or be willing to shell out to buy his style of player.

Guest Stephen927

Realistically Big Sam would never get a job in mainland Europe, due to his inability to adapt and modify tactics. For him to work you either need his style of player or be willing to shell out to buy his style of player.

Isn't that the same for most managers?

Not necessarily. I'm somewhat "pro-Ashley" if you want to call it that, yet I agree with Johnny's comments. I think Allardyce got nowhere near enough time here, and would NOT have relegated us.

I think Allardyce had every chance of putting us down a division, he looked as if he'd lost the players and I don't see where they were going to get any confidence from in that run after Christmas.

Guest Heneage

Isn't that the same for most managers?

I wouldn't say so, if you look at the likes of Redknapp, O'Neil they can change tactics dependent on players, Redknapps style at Pompey and Spurs is very different. A lot of Dutch fans critique Robson for being set in his style of play, but at least he could make it work with players given its that ability to see a way someone plays and put them into your plan accordingly, Sam struggles with even that at times.

Guest Howaythetoon

he wasnt THAT bad here. when i was criticising him during his reign you were all giving me a bashing yet the minute he left he was 's***'. the truth is he wouldve done a decent job if given a couple of years, solidified us as a top 7 side playing boring and dull football. i'm not sure it wouldve been worth putting up with the s*** football for such modest returns, but by no means is he a bad manager. when he left Bolton he had them 5th in the table with 3 games of the season left.

he made plenty of mistakes but in my view he was trying to adapt the club to fit him rather than the other way round, which proved to be his undoing. he basically admitted as much with richard keyes after he left. but he was here a matter of months so you cant make any sort of reasonable judgement. ashley got rid as he wanted his own manager and a better brand of football. ridiculous to make any sort of judgement based on his very short time here under a chairman who barely backed him. he was neither forced out of the club by impatient fans and nor did he fail, he was just a victim of circumstances out of his control, that is, the club changing ownership shortly after he joined us.

Spot on.

he wasnt THAT bad here. when i was criticising him during his reign you were all giving me a bashing yet the minute he left he was 'shit'. the truth is he wouldve done a decent job if given a couple of years, solidified us as a top 7 side playing boring and dull football. i'm not sure it wouldve been worth putting up with the shit football for such modest returns, but by no means is he a bad manager. when he left Bolton he had them 5th in the table with 3 games of the season left.

IMO he was THAT bad.  While he was here I had zero confidence of us beating anybody, plus we played a 'style' of Football that was nothing short of painful to watch.  He's the only manager ever to make me not look forward to watching the match!

Don't agree for a second that he was a victim of anything either, apart from his own ignorance maybe.

So well done Mike Ashley for getting rid of him?

IMO he was THAT bad.  While he was here I had zero confidence of us beating anybody, plus we played a 'style' of Football that was nothing short of painful to watch.  He's the only manager ever to make me not look forward to watching the match!

Don't agree for a second that he was a victim of anything either, apart from his own ignorance maybe.

So well done Mike Ashley for getting rid of him?

Yes. The only bad thing about that decision was that he didn't get rid of him the moment he assumed control of the club.

The fact that he went against conventional wisdom to get rid of Big Sam ASAP is pretty much the last shred of evidence I have to believe that Ashley cared about the club at all beyond reselling for a profit.

Don't agree with that at all. We all know you're very much anti-Ashley, you just seem to be reinforcing that.

I didn't say he would have relegated us. I don't know about you but I'm not happy with "well at least he won't relegate us". Hardly anything during his time with us suggested he would taken us places. I say us - we're a different sort of club compared to Blackburn and Bolton. He's much more suited to them than us, simple.