Sam Allardyce signs 3-year contract with Blackburn Rovers

Optimistic Nut

slightly worried now. i dont think we'll go down but this has increased our chances a little bit.

Do you really think Allardyce is the kind of manager who can come into a club in trouble and adapt himself quickly to the players he has to keep them up though?  He was good with Bolton given years to find the right players for his style but he showed here that he can't adapt at all.  He can only play one way and if the players don't fit his style they're fucked.

Adaptability, the man possess none of it.

Guest neesy111

slightly worried now. i dont think we'll go down but this has increased our chances a little bit.

Do you really think Allardyce is the kind of manager who can come into a club in trouble and adapt himself quickly to the players he has to keep them up though?  He was good with Bolton given years to find the right players for his style but he showed here that he can't adapt at all.  He can only play one way and if the players don't fit his style they're fucked.

this

Guest The Libertine

i can see blackburn playing the same way bolton did last year (?) when megson came in to save themselves. safety will be the main aim so if they get that it'll buy him another season.

i really hope he fails of course as it'd be 1 less relegation place to have to look over our shoulders at.

Deluded mackems

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=374763

He turned you down , he turned you down, he turned you , Allardyce turned you down .

I agree. Its nice these days when decent managers want to come to Sunderland but we're too big for them. Its usually the other way round..

f***ing hell! :lol:

Jesus, half of them were saying he was the right man for the job.

Blackburn are quite a physical side. Think he could work well with them.

He'll do ok if he can replace Santa Cruz. Route one football is Sam's speciality, the problem at Newcastle was we didn't have the players for it, and Sam was too fat-headed to adapt.

Blackburn are quite a physical side. Think he could work well with them.

He'll do ok if he can replace Santa Cruz. Route one football is Sam's speciality, the problem at Newcastle was we didn't have the players for it, and Sam was too fat-headed to adapt.

I know just the man for that job, step forward Alan Smith!

Delighted to see Big Sam back in a job :thup:

My only worry now is Blackburn and Sunderland will get some kind of form with new managers. As will West Ham when they eventually sack their manager.

You mean like when Curbishley left aye?

My only worry now is Blackburn and Sunderland will get some kind of form with new managers. As will West Ham when they eventually sack their manager.

What makes you think it will be the same again? It depends who the new manager is obviously.

What makes you think it will be the same again? It depends who the new manager is obviously.

What makes you think it won't be the same again?

I dont, I said my only worry is they will.

I dont, I said my only worry is they will.

Then I'll let you off.

They'll be great for one game, possibly against us and then shit for the rest of the season.

Wonder how the Blackburn players felt on the way to training, only to find Sam in a cherry picker with a megaphone.

They'll be great for one game, possibly against us and then s*** for the rest of the season.

Wonder how the Blackburn players felt on the way to training, only to find Sam in a cherry picker with a megaphone.

;D

Shouting "containment".