The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

Spurs will be raking in the cash with their ticket price structure plus a 60k stadium to fill.

Wait, will they even be able to fill 60k?

There's about 35k paying £10 pa to be on the waiting list so, in theory, we should be able to fill it.  There may have to be some creative thinking with regards to some matches, the Arse charge £10 for League Cup games and I could imagine Levy doing something similar.

Yeah, I think we're going to have to try something like that. There will be an initial flush of interest, particularly if we're still doing well on the pitch, but there are already signs that the fans have less disposable income available. I'd like to see a concerted effort to draw young fans in, especially if we're going to exploit that "Kop" end (which looksmint).

Guest bimpy474

Said it in the Liverpool thread but why has that gibbon looking cheating cunt Bale got away with his cheating dive last week.

Guest bimpy474

Said it in the Liverpool thread but why has that gibbon looking cheating cunt Bale got away with his cheating dive last week.

because British players don't dive

Someone better tell Gareth then.

More info coming out of Haringey Council .............

Developers and selected housing associations were alerted last night to over 25 ‘key development opportunity sites’ across the north London borough of Haringey.

Haringey Council leader Claire Kober presented a selected audience at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club with Haringey Investment Potential. Invitees included Newlon Housing Group and Family Mosaic.

Notable development sites in the ‘investment pack’ included Alexandra Palace - a Grade II-listed iconic north London landmark - St Ann’s Hospital, Haringey Heartlands where the council seeks 1,000 new homes, and Haringey’s own Civic Centre.

Guests inside the club’s plush Bill Nicholson Suite also received a copy of the council’s 'A Plan for Tottenham'. Endorsed by Mayor of London Boris Johnson, the Plan promises ‘up to 10,000 new high quality homes and over 5,000 new jobs’ for Tottenham by 2025.

Kober said Spurs’ £400 million new stadium would provide Tottenham with 300 new homes and 800 ‘match day’ jobs. The Tottenham area of Haringey is still recovering from the August 2011 riots.

“We were prepared to reduce Section 106 terms to get the Spurs scheme moving,” said Kober, referring chiefly to the absence of affordable homes at the new Spurs stadium site. “We want to see new housing and estate renewal in Tottenham benefiting old and new residents.”

Spurs finance director Matthew Collecott announced a main contractor had been appointed to build a new Sainsbury’s supermarket, the first stage of Spurs’ stadium plan. The stadium leads the regeneration of the Northumberland Park area of Tottenham.

Collecott hoped the new stadium, scheduled to open in Summer 2016, would “act as a catalyst for further regeneration and investment for Tottenham which is currently undergoing a major transition”.

Sir Bob Kerslake, Head of the Civil Service and Permanent Secretary for the Department of Communities and Local Government, said: “Transformative change is exactly the right response to the disturbances of 2011. The government will be right behind you.”

Haringey Council’s Tottenham project director Anne Lippitt said regeneration could include a new Victoria Line tube station at Northumberland Park and increased overground rail commuter services.

Lippitt added Tottenham needed more owner-occupiers and better shops. “Tottenham has a lot of fried chicken shops,” said Lippitt. “It’d be good if Tottenham had places like Costa Coffee.”

I think I like the idea of a new tube station more than Costa Coffee shops!  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

We sent a kid on loan to Ipswich. Mick McCarthy became their manager last week, then came up with this little gem:

Boss Mick McCarthy said: “Massimo has gone back. He's a good footballer, but you'd expect that coming from Tottenham, but I need a different type of player."

:lol: I love McCarthy, but that's a classic old-school manager quote. "He's a good footballer, but I want someone who can kick people." I may have paraphrased that slightly.

• 10 months later...

And this...not so "right on" comic.

"Why is David Baddiel being given a platform to talk about prejudice? Baddiel and his partner Frank Skinner spent the mid-90s ridiculing the ethnic appearance of the black striker Jason Lee. For the crime of choosing to not look white, and instead embracing the combination locks and cornrows iconography of his ethnic heritage, Lee was ridiculed as a "pineapple head", as looking "like an ancient Egyptian" and – incredibly – via Baddiel "blacking-up". Viewers were even encouraged to send in pictures mocking Lee's appearance.

God knows how much damage this did to a generation of young black school children. Professor Ben Carrington in Football's coming home but whose home? and do we want it? P108 noted how this abuse "transcended the normally insular world of football fandom and entered into the public domain as both a descriptive term and a form of ridicule for any black person with dreads tied back". Taking its lead from Baddiel and Skinner, the Sun even pictured Lee with bananas growing out of his head.

The myth of black primitivism is an enduring racist theme. The assumption that black identity exists to be performed for white people's amusement only goes back to the minstrel tradition. Both racist tropes permeated Baddiel's mockery of Lee. Yet we're now supposed to take lessons in anti-racism from the man? "

Dr Gavin Lewis