The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

Guest Archie

Now that Captain triffic-little-playa is gone, I dont mind them at all tbh.

Some decent individuals, BAE who is admireably honest about his agenda, VDV who was raised in a trailerpark with sweet FA, Lennon who I really like as a player etc...

Granted Adebayor is a moneygrabbing tit and Bale can fuck off, but aside from them two I fancy them over chelsea and arsenal tbh.

Bale's starting tonight. Massive injury that one. :lol:

What a massive fanny. Other players suffer leg breaking tackles and make less fuss. He just got tripped.

You would think he'd keep his mouth shut after missing the Olympics claiming injury, not drawing attention to himself.

Guest Phil K

Spurs I don't really hate, they're a decent club. The individuals recently associated with them do tend to be total c***s though (Redknapp, Bale).

I think what "Grinds my gears" about Tittenhem Hotspurts is their fans. With very few exceptions, Paul Hawksbee, certainly, and to a far lesser extent Danny Kelly - they have a strange view of themselves in the pecking order. Nothing wrong with having a bloated opinion of your club of course, and having VERY high expectations (although for some reason, the press think we shouldn't) Its their hypocrisy in that - their attitude towards us for example, entered into so enthusiastically, and then THEY display what they accuse US of, only a 100 times worse !

As for Bale. He's not doing himself any favours.

I still dislike them less than Liverpool though.

Can't stand Bale now, good player but comes across as a right fanny.

Agreed, comes across a proper cockend, believes his own hype. Hopefully AVB buys into it and allows Bale his 'free role' so he continues to be shite.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Spurs are just another London club, I am surprised there's a thread dedicated to them on a Newcastle United forum.

I think most United only worry about them twice a season.

Spurs are just another London club, I am surprised there's a thread dedicated to them on a Newcastle United forum.

But then you are Super North East Man of the year 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and in the runnings for 2012.

Guest thenorthumbrian

But then you are Super North East Man of the year 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and in the runnings for 2012.

No not really, I just don't lose any sleep over Spurs. 

After seeing their latest advert I'm totally convinced next season 'Arry will be a pundit for sky sports. So he'll have his dream job, talking about other players and clubs and get paid for it.

After seeing their latest advert I'm totally convinced next season 'Arry will be a pundit for sky sports. So he'll have his dream job, talking about other players and clubs and get paid for it.

while saying fuck all insightful

Why the fuck do sky employ idiots

Hated them ever since Waddle and Gazza went there. In addition I used to work for a company based in North London. Try spending an afternoon in the company of spurs supporters and the feeling of total enmity never ever leaves you.

Hated them ever since Waddle and Gazza went there. In addition I used to work for a company based in North London. Try spending an afternoon in the company of spurs supporters and the feeling of total enmity never ever leaves you.

I grew up in the thick of them (I delivered papers to Waddle at one point!) and I totally echo this. Their supporters are generally loudmouth bellends with one or two very rare exceptions. Also, they had zero idea about football beyond Spurs. I can usually guarantee that if I'm introduced to a Spurs fan I wont like them - and I like most people! 

how are Spurs looking for the start of the season??  Obviously they have lost Ledley King after his retirement,  looks like Modric is going and just seen that Parker is out for a few weeks.  Apart from signing Sygurdsson have they signed anyone else?  has Adebayor made a permanent switch after his loan?

Not having to face King, Modric, Parker and Adebayor has got to be a good thing for us, that was the spine of there team last season.

how are Spurs looking for the start of the season??  Obviously they have lost Ledley King after his retirement,  looks like Modric is going and just seen that Parker is out for a few weeks.  Apart from signing Sygurdsson have they signed anyone else?  has Adebayor made a permanent switch after his loan?

Not having to face King, Modric, Parker and Adebayor has got to be a good thing for us, that was the spine of there team last season.

They signed Vertonghen or whatever he is called.

Spurs are a still an unkown quantity going into the new season for me.....

New coach, Top scorer not replaced, best midfielder and playmaker looking like he's leaving and not replaced.

A lot like Chelsea actually they have a lot of questions that no one seems to know the answers to.

Although there's been a lack of transfer activity on our behalf there's one thing we have over the likes of Spurs and Chelsea is that we are very stable club at the moment with a solid management staff and a great group of players who seem to be intent on taking the club forward together.

Now when was the last time we could say that?

Hope i dont jinx anything  :undecided:

Spurs are a still an unkown quantity going into the new season for me.....

New coach, Top scorer not replaced, best midfielder and playmaker looking like he's leaving and not replaced.

A lot like Chelsea actually they have a lot of questions that no one seems to know the answers to.

Although there's been a lack of transfer activity on our behalf there's one thing we have over the likes of Spurs and Chelsea is that we are very stable club at the moment with a solid management staff and a great group of players who seem to be intent on taking the club forward together.

Now when was the last time we could say that?

Hope i dont jinx anything  :undecided:

Spurs have had that for years imo. (Can't speak as to the personal qualities of their "group of lads")

Chelsea have infinite money so they don't need stability.