Newcastle United vs Liverpool - 28/12/08 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

Getting bummed, we desperately need Martins, with Owen and Duke up front we basically have no forward line. Probably without Beye, Bassong, Enrique and Viduka aswell, screwed. Looking towards the FA Cup game right now tbh

Guest optimistic nit

Bassong won't be suspended will he?

Doesn't it have to be a week later or something like that to allow time for appeal?

Not for a straight red.

are you sure? if we appeal, and we surely will, then surely he'll not miss the liverpool game.

We'll get beaten with ease and it'll be panic stations all over again, one or two points above the relegation zone - or maybe even in it. Then we'll beat West Ham the week later and we'll breathe again. It's how it's going to continue for the duration of the season. So long as we're four or five points clear by March or April i'll not getting too excited/too suicidal.

I'd rather get Bassong's suspension out of the way in this game. Surely Kinnear will appeal it anyway?

Given

Taylor Colo Edgar N'Zogbia

Jonas Guthrie Butt Duff

Owen Carroll

best we can hope for. As much as I dislike Carroll he did well today and much more than Viduka.

Probably the best we could put out, would like to see xisco in but Carrol will be gee'd up by today and xisco would have too much expectation.

Given

Geremi      Taylor      Colo    Zog

Duff        Cacapa  Guthrie  Jonas

Martins  Carrol

Likely to see:

Given

Edgar      Taylor      Colo    Zog

Jonas      Butt  Guthrie    Duff

Owen/martins (if owen is knackered)  Carrol

Wouldnt be suprised to see Lua Lua get some pitch time. Wouldnt also be suprised to see Owen and Martins miss out and Geremi coming into midfield for 4-5-1 with Carrol up on his own