West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-New-Newcastle-manager-would-have-to-sell-Andy-Carroll-as-Martin-Jol-speculation-grows-or-Mike-Ashley-article646025.html

Jol 'would have to sell Carroll'

Published 09:52 07/12/10 By MirrorFootball

Newcastle's next manager would have to be prepared to sell star striker Andy Carroll, according to reports.

It is claimed that Mike Ashley is prepared to listen to offers for the 21-year-old, who has been interesting Spurs and would fetch around £15m.

Carroll is understood to be upset at the decision to sack Chris Hughton, with whom he had forged a close relationship.

Former Tottenham boss Martin Jol and ex-West Ham manager Alan Pardew are the leading contenders to replace him.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-New-Newcastle-manager-would-have-to-sell-Andy-Carroll-as-Martin-Jol-speculation-grows-or-Mike-Ashley-article646025.html

Jol 'would have to sell Carroll'

Published 09:52 07/12/10 By MirrorFootball

Newcastle's next manager would have to be prepared to sell star striker Andy Carroll, according to reports.

It is claimed that Mike Ashley is prepared to listen to offers for the 21-year-old, who has been interesting Spurs and would fetch around £15m.

Carroll is understood to be upset at the decision to sack Chris Hughton, with whom he had forged a close relationship.

Former Tottenham boss Martin Jol and ex-West Ham manager Alan Pardew are the leading contenders to replace him.

We don't like the fact that Newcastle have a better striker on the books than Spurs and our mate Harry is interested in Carroll so we're trying to unsettle as many people as possible involved in the situation.

absolute cunts

Thing is though, not everything is just the media shit stirring, they were right about Hughton a month or so a go, and with Ashley anything is possible. The possibility of Carroll going for me is size-able, I don't think he will, but then again I thought that Hughtons contract would have been sorted out in January, with two fingers up to the Daily Mail and co. 

Mike Ashley doesn't care about the success of the club in the future. If we want to challenge for the top six, we'll need players like Carroll, if he cared for the long-term stature of the club he wouldn't even consider selling him.

Sadly, it's going to be cheaper for Ashley to run us as a side battling relegation every season, which is why he'll go for someone like Curbishley or Pardew. Until he sells us, he is going to look for the cheapest option on everything.

Of course it has an impact. If we take on some cunt like Pardew, drop into the relagation zone by the turn of the year and someone like Spurs comes in with a £15 million offer for Carroll, he'll go.

Ashley will certainly accept it, but imagine how broken ''this group of lads" feel right now. With Ashley and Del Boy at the top, a shite manager, it won't just be Ashley accepting bids - it will be players wanting to leave.

Guest Ridzuan

If there's any saving grace in situations like this, it's that footballers only care a small amount who their manager is. Yes, they seemed to love Hughton, but hopefully they will be able to adapt to whoever comes in.

Im sure majority of our players are used to adapting to new environment...

Guest Ridzuan

Isn't that quote from his fake Twitter though?

Well someone forgot to tell the Beeb the Sun and Sky because they've all quoted him on it today.

Dang. I was about to search for him until this.

Doesn't sound like he wants off like

Yet the big No 9 said: "I don't want to go anywhere. Newcastle is where I belong."

No proof at all if that's him.

Surely he'd have rang the press and said "That's not me" - Sky have mentioned it every half hour since lunchtime.

Guest Geordiesned

Doesn't sound like he wants off like

Yet the big No 9 said: "I don't want to go anywhere. Newcastle is where I belong."

No proof at all if that's him.

Surely he'd have rang the press and said "That's not me" - Sky have mentioned it every half hour since lunchtime.

It's definitely not him. The real Danny Simpson has said so on Twitter.

"4 ppl asking Andy Carroll n Dan Gosling don't have twitter accounts"