West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The former.

Wow, you've gone from completely underestimating his potential to vastly overestimating his ability. A testament to his development certainly, but also to you bipolarity..

It's nothing to do with estimation of his ability, dickweed. He's performed better than any other striker in the league this season. And the vast majority of football fans nationwide would agree.

The former.

Wow, you've gone from completely underestimating his potential to vastly overestimating his ability. A testament to his development certainly, but also to you bipolarity..

It's nothing to do with estimation of his ability, dickweed. He's performed better than any other striker in the league this season. And the vast majority of football fans nationwide would agree.

The fact he's currently performing better than the likes of Drogba or Torres does not make him a better striker ("the best center forward in England").  :crazy2:

I don't think people are saying he's a better player than Rooney or Drogba. But so far this season, he's the striker who's in better form and who has consistently put in the highest performances. Obviously as the cliche goes form is temporary, class is permanent and it's a question of whether he's got the class to sustain the form and put himself up there.

Doesn't make him better overall, but he's been far better than those two this season. I did use the words 'at the moment' in fairness.

So, since you seem to be involved in another discussion on an in form player where you seem to be much more level headed, would you classify Tiote as the best defensive midfielder in England at this point in time, or would you agree that would be a bit of a knee jerk?

I don't think people are saying he's a better player than Rooney or Drogba. But so far this season, he's the striker who's in better form and who has consistently put in the highest performances. Obviously as the cliche goes form is temporary, class is permanent and it's a question of whether he's got the class to sustain the form and put himself up there.

maybe time to take drogba out the equation. he'll still show the odd touch of class but he's not going to return to what he was. my crystal ball has chelsea buying lukaku in ajnuary or the summer and using his hero,drogba, to nurse him through his first season.

Doesn't make him better overall, but he's been far better than those two this season. I did use the words 'at the moment' in fairness.

So, since you seem to be involved in another discussion on an in form player where you seem to be much more level headed, would you classify Tiote as the best defensive midfielder in England at this point in time, or would you agree that would be a bit of a knee jerk?

Tiote hasn't been head and shoulders the best midfielder in England for the past 4 months.

Tiote hasn't been head and shoulders the best midfielder in England for the past 4 months.

Neither has Carroll been "head and shoulders the best center forward" in that period mate...  :idiot2:

Guest firetotheworks

I would say it's been Carroll and Tevez who have been in the best form so far this season. As for the overall player, from what I've seen, Gareth Bale. Another one who was written off. Strange game, this football.

I would say it's been Carroll and Tevez who have been in the best form so far this season. As for the overall player, from what I've seen, Gareth Bale. Another one who was written off. Strange game, this football.

You can add Elmander to that list as well.

Wouldn't write him off too soon, last season was probably his best.

he's now 32 and had malaria. the touch will be there, the legs, strength and eventually desire will ebb away. thought he was poor on sunday and has been whenever i've watched him this season.

Guest firetotheworks

Coloccini and Enrique too in terms of players who were seen as flops in the media. I'm sure there are more too.

And Samir.