West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would say it's been Carroll and Tevez who have been in the best form so far this season. As for the overall player, from what I've seen, Gareth Bale. Another one who was written off. Strange game, this football.

You can add Elmander to that list as well.

And Samir.

Who'd written him off? At least to the extent that Elmander and Bale was written off about this time last year. IIRC he had been out injured for pretty much the entire season up to this point, but when he did play he looked canny.

I would say it's been Carroll and Tevez who have been in the best form so far this season. As for the overall player, from what I've seen, Gareth Bale. Another one who was written off. Strange game, this football.

You can add Elmander to that list as well.

And Samir.

Who'd written him off? At least to the extent that Elmander and Bale was written off about this time last year. IIRC he had been out injured for pretty much the entire season up to this point, but when he did play he looked canny.

I was just adding to the list of players who've been in form this season. Perhaps I misread the discussion. As you were.

Doesn't make him better overall, but he's been far better than those two this season. I did use the words 'at the moment' in fairness.

So, since you seem to be involved in another discussion on an in form player where you seem to be much more level headed, would you classify Tiote as the best defensive midfielder in England at this point in time, or would you agree that would be a bit of a knee jerk?

Tiote hasn't been head and shoulders the best midfielder in England for the past 4 months.

Neither has Carroll been "head and shoulders the best center forward" in that period mate...  :idiot2:

He most certainly has.

Doesn't make him better overall, but he's been far better than those two this season. I did use the words 'at the moment' in fairness.

So, since you seem to be involved in another discussion on an in form player where you seem to be much more level headed, would you classify Tiote as the best defensive midfielder in England at this point in time, or would you agree that would be a bit of a knee jerk?

Tiote hasn't been head and shoulders the best midfielder in England for the past 4 months.

Neither has Carroll been "head and shoulders the best center forward" in that period mate...  :idiot2:

He most certainly has.

We'll have to agree to disagree.. As other have said, the same could be said for Elmander at Bolton. I'll wait until he's consistently proven it before proclaiming Carroll to be the best center forward in the country..

Can't think of anyone who has played better than Carroll this season, personally (and I've watched a fair bit of football this season) - closest would be Nasri - but he was out for a few weeks and hasn't been as good IMO.

People are underestimating that he has hit 9 league goals, despite playing for a side lacking in creativity, and without the need for penalties to boost his tally. Add to this his assists and overall game, I'd say he's definitely been the best forward in the league so far this season.

Carroll's been an absolute revelation this season. He's developed so much in the last 12 months and is a genuine threat for any defence in the country atm. He's got 9 PL goals so far and will keep on scoring because no-one can handle him in this form. He's been utterly superb. 

Carroll's been an absolute revelation this season. He's developed so much in the last 12 months and is a genuine threat for any defence in the country atm. He's got 9 PL goals so far and will keep on scoring because no-one can handle him in this form. He's been utterly superb. 

to be fair he done it the back end of last season, it was only the thought of who we were palying that stopped us thinking it. for me the goal at doncaster was when i thought he's the real deal.

to be fair he done it the back end of last season, it was only the thought of who we were palying that stopped us thinking it. for me the goal at doncaster was when i thought he's the real deal.

To make the step up and lead the line against the best defenders in the country whilst still making and scoring goals is something else though. Plenty of good strikers have filled their boots in Div 1 but haven't done it.

You were absolutely right btw. :)

Guest firetotheworks

One thing I noticed in the Arsenal match, that I particularly liked is that whenever he had the ball, the home fans went silent with what I can only assume was fear.

Doncaster goal was a f***ing awesome moment to be there, one of my highlights of last season.

Same here, probably the best football experience of my life. Says more about the amount of games I've managed to attend than the actual game, but that moment was pure joy. My cellphone flew out of my pocket and ended up four or five rows forward while celebrating.

Doncaster goal was a f***ing awesome moment to be there, one of my highlights of last season.

Same here, probably the best football experience of my life. Says more about the amount of games I've managed to attend than the actual game, but that moment was pure joy. My cellphone flew out of my pocket and ended up four or five rows forward while celebrating.

err want to watch it again and cant find it. (pm link please anyone)