West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Somehow he's been overlooked for Sports Personality Of The Year.  How did that happen?

He beats up women.  Personally I don't give a s***, but I assume the BBC don't want to be associated with that kind of personality.

WHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!

He has the ability, but I worry that he's being a bit over-egged at the moment. His inexperience does show from time to time, and I'd rather he was allowed to continue to develop without so much publicity.

Typical of the sort of moment that I'm thinking of came in the first half, when a cross came to the far post, where Shola was waiting to nod it back. Instead of making a run down the centre, Carroll drifted towards the far post as well, watching the ball, so when the nod back came, there was no-one there. It was a park footballer's mistake. He needs to relax, not try to do everything himself, and be aware of what's going on around him a bit more.

He has the ability, but I worry that he's being a bit over-egged at the moment. His inexperience does show from time to time, and I'd rather he was allowed to continue to develop without so much publicity.

Typical of the sort of moment that I'm thinking of came in the first half, when a cross came to the far post, where Shola was waiting to nod it back. Instead of making a run down the centre, Carroll drifted towards the far post as well, watching the ball, so when the nod back came, there was no-one there. He needs to relax, not try to do everything himself, and be aware of what's going on around him a bit more.

shola was never going to reach it, hence how it went over his head and carroll reached it. shola read it all wrong as he did most of the day.

Typical of the sort of moment that I'm thinking of came in the first half, when a cross came to the far post, where Shola was waiting to nod it back. Instead of making a run down the centre, Carroll drifted towards the far post as well, watching the ball, so when the nod back came, there was no-one there. He needs to relax, not try to do everything himself, and be aware of what's going on around him a bit more.

shola was never going to reach it, hence how it went over his head and carroll reached it. shola read it all wrong as he did most of the day.

odd that considering it was shola who DID reach it :lol:

Shola nodded it down into the perfect area but Carroll was in wrong position iirc.

This is what happened.  they both went for the same ball, not sure whose fault it was though.

i was sure it was carroll that reached it.

Shola nodded it down into the perfect area but Carroll was in wrong position iirc.

This is what happened.  they both went for the same ball, not sure whose fault it was though.

i was sure it was carroll that reached it.

Different incident. That did happen, but there was another occasion where Shola nodded it down and Carroll had followed the flight of the ball and was in no mans land. I noted in the match thread it was one of those where it was commented 'if Nolan had been playing it'd be 2-0'. I'd likely agree, although I'm not sure Nolan would have got in the box that quickly.

Just watching his goal again... what a flash of pace that was to get to the ball. ??? I know i'm just repeating what we've said a million times but i honestly can't believe how much the lad has improved. Even down to pace and stamina... his whole game has just quadrupled.

Just watching his goal again... what a flash of pace that was to get to the ball. ??? I know i'm just repeating what we've said a million times but i honestly can't believe how much the lad has improved. Even down to pace and stamina... his whole game has just quadrupled.

Agree completely. He's gone from a decent Championship striker to the very best in England in a few months, it's incredible.

It's that hunger and determination that has made him the player today. Totally agree that he needs a nippy strike partner. It could be just as effective as Shearer and Bellamy if Ben Arfa gets back and we get a RW.