West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know we will regret it if we don't accept 40 mil.... I would accept that and sign Cavani from Napoli for 10 mil....

Yup knowing our luck, he's gonna have a shit second half of the season and then all those people who said his value is above 40M are gonna look silly and delusional as they are. If this wasn't the last day with almost no chance of a decent replacement, forget 40M, even 35M would have been a super deal.

Guest north shields lad

If he does go to Liverpool, will they have any money left for someone to hit crosses? With their current team, he could get less service than he does here.

I can remember losing Waddle (tribunal ffs!), Beardsley and Gazza, but none of them went for galactico money. This is insane!

Well Beardsleys broke the british transfer record. This will as well, but only until Torres moves.

Speculation of Spurs coming in at a late stage and offering Crouch as a makeweight :lol:

We're not going to match Liverpools ridiculous bid.

Good. I'd rather have the cash than Jack the Beanstalk Crouch.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I love this.

All NUFC Affiliated Press Twitters - Staying

All LFC Affiliated Press Twitters - He's leaving

Class.  :lol:

Speculation of Spurs coming in at a late stage and offering Crouch as a makeweight :lol:

We're not going to match Liverpools ridiculous bid.

Depends what you 'value' Crouch at.

Could be something horrific like £25m + Crouch at £15m, not that he's worth anywhere near that. But then we'd be as desperate for a replacement as Liverpool would be, so maybe Crouch's value goes up exponentially too.

My head hurts.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
From the Guardian liveblog:

Quote:

4.56pm: Nick Read suggests: "Every single human involved in the

Carroll to Liverpool transfer is an idiot; whoever it was who offered £35

million, whoever it was who turned it down, and Andy Carroll"

:lol: