West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

People think this is FM with all this 'if we accepted a bid why we would he hand in a transfer request'. It's f***ing not. Someone from LFC calls up and says 'we'll offer x', we say 'yes', tell them the conditions that Carroll has to say he handed in a transfer request, tell Carroll, Carroll doesn't mind staying or leaving, especailly since he'll be getting a massive and instant raise, so he goes along with it. Lots of non-disclosure agreements are signed, lots of money changes hand and at the end of it, Liverpool can say they got a player that wanted to play for them and Ashley can say that he did all he could do keep Carroll. Everybody's happy, and both sets of fans love their owners more after today.

:lol:

Keep going, this is getting better.

The club's got no fucking ambition man, Carroll could be England's centre forward for the next ten years or more, he's not going to consistently achieve that playing with loan signings and free fucking transfers. You can all hoy your toys out the pram at the player when it happens again and again, like it did with Shay Given, Charles N'Zogbia, James Milner, Sebastian Bassong and when it inevitably happens with Jose Enrique and Cheik Tiote but eventually you've got to look at why all these players are desperate to get away from NUFC for the sake of their careers.

Liverpool are in far more debt than us and they're spending £50m on two strikers. I'm looking forward to seeing us spend £35m in the summer, presumably we'll spend it on a flying fucking pig.

People think this is FM with all this 'if we accepted a bid why we would he hand in a transfer request'. It's f***ing not. Someone from LFC calls up and says 'we'll offer x', we say 'yes', tell them the conditions that Carroll has to say he handed in a transfer request, tell Carroll, Carroll doesn't mind staying or leaving, especailly since he'll be getting a massive and instant raise, so he goes along with it. Lots of non-disclosure agreements are signed, lots of money changes hand and at the end of it, Liverpool can say they got a player that wanted to play for them and Ashley can say that he did all he could do keep Carroll. Everybody's happy, and both sets of fans love their owners more after today.

Yup.

Why on earth would Carroll be happy at that? He'll have trouble whenever he comes to Newcastle now.

What could Liverpool possibly offer Carroll that Ashley could not have matched ?

80k a week and the chance to play for brand liverpool

Do you honestly think its likely that Ashley would have made any attempt whatsoever to improve his contract in an attempt to keep him?

Or is it more likely that he'd use Carrolls wanting of a higher wage as a reason to accept a large amount of money, whilst avoiding any blame from the situation.

Think about it, its quite obvious. This is Mike Ashley. If you think the "2nd offer rejected" statement wasnt completely planned you're massively massively niave.

Can't f***ing believe this.

Those blaming Ashley can f*** off now. We've done everything we could to keep him and he's stabbed us in the back. f*** off.

We've accepted a bid, man. Of course it's partially Ashley's fault.

Accepted the bid after he submitted the transfer request.

The way the situation has been presented leads me to believe that we had every intention of selling him if the right bid came in.

Aye, funny how you never ever heard of bids going in for the likes of Carragher, Scholes, Giggs - players that were genuinely "not for sale". It flowed round the media because we let it. Both clubs have to agree to a bid being made public, otherwise it's tapping up.

What nonsense, absolute rubbish. Tapping up is only when the buying club talks to the player without going through his current club. If a bid is made and especially on transfer dateline, it's pretty much public information.

Hope Chelsea backs out of the Torres deal now, leaving Liverpool in deep shit financially after spunking all this money on Carroll and them going into administration and getting docked 10 points and finishes in well below us now.

This is absolutely disgusting. "I want to stay here forever". Couple of weeks later he hands in a transfer request? Piss off you knob, hope your thigh strain kills your career.

Well, if you can't expect loyalty from a local lad who we have stuck by threw several altercations with the law, then who can you expect loyalty from?

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from Carroll to put a transfer request in this late on in the window - especially as it appears he's strung us along with his "wanting to stay" speeches this January.

I hope he is a massive failure at Liverpool and his career nose dives from here.

I may sound bitter, but to be honest with you, I am.

Guest firetotheworks

None of you have a clue whats happened, but you're oh so willing to blame. It could be Carroll or Ashley thats instigated it, just accept that under Ashley the truth is hard to come by, or takes an age to come out. Dont let us do what liverpool did with Gerrard without even knowing the details. .

Fact is we could have rejected his transfer request and said no way.  Either that or said we would match what ever they offer.

We have done neither.  Money is clearly doing all the talking here.

Yeah why didn't we just handcuff him to a radiator until the window closed..  Common ffs, we did well to resist such an insane offer to begin with.  He's asked to leave now, we cant do much more.

Guest Tall Striker

The club's got no f***ing ambition man, Carroll could be England's centre forward for the next ten years or more, he's not going to consistently achieve that playing with loan signings and free f***ing transfers. You can all hoy your toys out the pram at the player when it happens again and again, like it did with Shay Given, Charles N'Zogbia, James Milner, Sebastian Bassong and when it inevitably happens with Jose Enrique and Cheik Tiote but eventually you've got to look at why all these players are desperate to get away from NUFC for the sake of their careers.

Liverpool are in far more debt than us and they're spending £50m on two strikers. I'm looking forward to seeing us spend £35m in the summer, presumably we'll spend it on a flying f***ing pig.

To be fair theyve effectively swapped Torres for Carroll and Suarez. Amazing business for them if you see it like that.

Well, if you can't expect loyalty from a local lad who we have stuck by threw several altercations with the law, then who can you expect loyalty from?

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from Carroll to put a transfer request in this late on in the window - especially as it appears he's strung us along with his "wanting to stay" speeches all along.

I hope he is a massive failure at Liverpool and his career nose dives from here.

I may sound bitter, but to be honest with you, I am.

:clap:

I'm soft hearted but could feel myself filling up before.

31 year old bloke, upset over a transfer. Quite ridiculous really.

We have been quiet all day ffs, we have clearly been listening to offers.

We havent given a single "NO CARROLL IS NOT FOR SALE" statement whatsoever.

Yet after hours and hours of speculation we release an open ended "rejected 2nd offer" statement & you lot think we were trying our best to keep him ???

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The club's got no fucking ambition man, Carroll could be England's centre forward for the next ten years or more, he's not going to consistently achieve that playing with loan signings and free fucking transfers. You can all hoy your toys out the pram at the player when it happens again and again, like it did with Shay Given, Charles N'Zogbia, James Milner, Sebastian Bassong and when it inevitably happens with Jose Enrique and Cheik Tiote but eventually you've got to look at why all these players are desperate to get away from NUFC for the sake of their careers.

Liverpool are in far more debt than us and they're spending £50m on two strikers. I'm looking forward to seeing us spend £35m in the summer, presumably we'll spend it on a flying fucking pig.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JJS1nankc_k/RsYeOVuBDLI/AAAAAAAAAOI/DuSNXTvd9zk/s320/homer%26spiderpig.jpg