West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well, if you can't expect loyalty from a local lad who we have stuck by threw several altercations with the law, then who can you expect loyalty from?

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from Carroll to put a transfer request in this late on in the window - especially as it appears he's strung us along with his "wanting to stay" speeches all along.

I hope he is a massive failure at Liverpool and his career nose dives from here.

I may sound bitter, but to be honest with you, I am.

:clap:

The club's got no fucking ambition man,

We fucking rejected a british transfer record for a player who 18 months ago was average at best, and still now has only proven himself in the Premier League for what, 5 months?  If he didn't put in a transfer request he'd have been an NUFC player tomorrow.

it's basic fucking English this, why can't some people understand it.

Guest Brazilianbob

He is no longer a geordie as far as I am concerned.  Hope he enjoys his exile in that shithole that passes as Liverpool, because he better not show his f*cking face in Newcastle again.  Never been so disappointed in a Newcastle player before.  Just when it looked like we were going places this happens.  Its got to stem back to Hughton getting sacked!  The more I think of it it was probably engineered by NUFC.  The sacking of Hughton to be replaced by Pardew a no mark manager because they knew Carroll would be loyal to Hughton and would stay.  I will never darken the doors of SJP again after this.  Its the last straw for me!

Well, if you can't expect loyalty from a local lad who we have stuck by threw several altercations with the law, then who can you expect loyalty from?

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from Carroll to put a transfer request in this late on in the window - especially as it appears he's strung us along with his "wanting to stay" speeches this January.

I hope he is a massive failure at Liverpool and his career nose dives from here.

Gazza Mark II

Guest Tall Striker

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from Carroll to put a transfer request in this late on in the window - especially as it appears he's strung us along with his "wanting to stay" speeches all along.

:clap:

The club's got no fucking ambition man,

We fucking rejected a british transfer record for a player who 18 months ago was average at best, and still now has only proven himself in the Premier League for what, 5 months?  If he didn't put in a transfer request he'd have been an NUFC player tomorrow.

it's basic fucking English this, why can't some people understand it.

too much hope invested in ac?

People think this is FM with all this 'if we accepted a bid why we would he hand in a transfer request'. It's f***ing not. Someone from LFC calls up and says 'we'll offer x', we say 'yes', tell them the conditions that Carroll has to say he handed in a transfer request, tell Carroll, Carroll doesn't mind staying or leaving, especailly since he'll be getting a massive and instant raise, so he goes along with it. Lots of non-disclosure agreements are signed, lots of money changes hand and at the end of it, Liverpool can say they got a player that wanted to play for them and Ashley can say that he did all he could do keep Carroll. Everybody's happy, and both sets of fans love their owners more after today.

"Carroll doesn't mind staying or leaving, especailly since he'll be getting a massive and instant raise"

That's enough.

Why can't people understand "Carroll wants to leave us" is the most essential elements for the deal and the request?

Guest VegasToon

Gutted.  I really thought he would stay and help build us.  We have been getting stronger and stronger and we weren't that far from really competing for Europe.  If he stays healthy, we will regret this transfer.  My only hope now is that we continue to build.  Sign Barton, Enrique and Colo to long term deals and get us at least 2 more strikers.  We can use this money to really provide depth to our team.  Whether we do it or not, only the Fat Man knows.

People think this is FM with all this 'if we accepted a bid why we would he hand in a transfer request'. It's f***ing not. Someone from LFC calls up and says 'we'll offer x', we say 'yes', tell them the conditions that Carroll has to say he handed in a transfer request, tell Carroll, Carroll doesn't mind staying or leaving, especailly since he'll be getting a massive and instant raise, so he goes along with it. Lots of non-disclosure agreements are signed, lots of money changes hand and at the end of it, Liverpool can say they got a player that wanted to play for them and Ashley can say that he did all he could do keep Carroll. Everybody's happy, and both sets of fans love their owners more after today.

Yup.

Why on earth would Carroll be happy at that? He'll have trouble whenever he comes to Newcastle now.

I don't think that's a particularly important factor tbh.

Yeah why didn't we just handcuff him to a radiator until the window closed..  Common ffs, we did well to resist such an insane offer to begin with.  He's asked to leave now, we cant do much more.

Aye we were struggling to resist so much that we stayed silent & kept inviting offers. Poor Ashley, hes been completely caught off guard

Fucking hell

This means Torres to Chelsea is also done, by the way. There's no way Liverpool will allow Chelsea to pull out of the deal at this stage, so it's done.

And you're all incredibly naive if you think that Carroll seriously wanted to leave and that Ashley did all he could to keep him. Incredibly naive.

:lol:

Keep going, this is getting better.

Amazing isnt it :lol;

Feel fucking sick about this TBH.

Local lad, born 5 minutes down the road from me, wearing the number 9 for the toon. The stuff dreams are made of, a player you could really get behind.

Fuck this shit about £35m being too much to turn down. It's not about money, it's about sending the message that we're NUFC and we're on the way up.

And fuck Andy Carroll for leaving us, why the fuck would he want to play for Liverpool anyway?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ronaldo - £80m

Ibrahimovic - £56.5m

Kaka - £56m

Torres - £50m (?)

Zidane - £45m

Figo - £37m

Crespo - £35.5m

Andy Carroll - £35m (?)

Villa - £34m

Buffon - £32.6m

Robinho - £32.5m

Vieri - £32m

Shevchenko - £11m

Nedved - £30.7m

That looks so wrong.

People think this is FM with all this 'if we accepted a bid why we would he hand in a transfer request'. It's fucking not. Someone from LFC calls up and says 'we'll offer x', we say 'yes', tell them the conditions that Carroll has to say he handed in a transfer request, tell Carroll, Carroll doesn't mind staying or leaving, especailly since he'll be getting a massive and instant raise, so he goes along with it. Lots of non-disclosure agreements are signed, lots of money changes hand and at the end of it, Liverpool can say they got a player that wanted to play for them and Ashley can say that he did all he could do keep Carroll. Everybody's happy, and both sets of fans love their owners more after today.

Yup.

And Carroll is left out to dry, to feel like shit everytime he heads back up for christmas. There is no way I'd do it for a few more £'s.