West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mick, Ashley could easily have paid him what he was going to get. It is money well spent by Ashley, judging by the reaction on here. Damn good PR.

Carroll handed in the transfer request, I'm sure that he would have been offered more money if he'd stayed.

I'll keep repeating this:

It is typical in a players contract that they get a loyalty bonus when they leave, unless they submit a transfer request. This is why Milner submitted a transfer request. There is evidence to suggest that it is club policy to obtain a written transfer request where possible to avoid this payment.

What kind of money will Carroll have given up by putting in a transfer request?

It's normally something like 10% of the fee isn't it?

£3,500,000 is a lot of money to make Mr Ashley (the one who really cares what we all think) look a bit better.

Guest michaelfoster

955: I was speaking to a football agent last week, and he told me that if clubs wanted to wrap up deals in time to beat the 2300 GMT deadline for transfers, they really needed to have the player undergoing a medical by 2000 GMT so as to get the assessment done and dusted in time to get the required forms off to the Premier League. Consider this your five minute warning people.

A polite request for no more "Carroll in Liverpool" pictures.

Makes me feel sick to see him with that bunch of scumbags.

Just wait for seeing him holding the red Nr.9 shirt.

Just wait for seeing him kiss the badge after his first goal

he handed in a transfer request (Maybe a while back)

NUFC didn't want to reveal it at the time to get the best deal possible from x, y or z.

deal agreed

Maybe. :lol:

If he passes the medical with flying colours, might be something in this.

Also heard he fancied going somewhere the local birds offer a bit more fight. 

I'll keep repeating this:

It is typical in a players contract that they get a loyalty bonus when they leave, unless they submit a transfer request. This is why Milner submitted a transfer request. There is evidence to suggest that it is club policy to obtain a written transfer request where possible to avoid this payment.

Given as well. The player wont lose out as the agent will wangle that at the other end but it is few quid saved for the selling club.

What kind of money will Carroll have given up by putting in a transfer request?

It's normally something like 10% of the fee isn't it?

£3,500,000 is a lot of money to make Mr Ashley (the one who really cares what we all think) look a bit better.

Yep.

Oh how I wished Gilett was still at Liverpool with Woy pulling the strings.Having said that,I think we have a great deal here but only if it is re-invested,and that is where my enthusiasm is somewhat blighted.

I agree, the only person to let the fans down today has been Carroll.

Transfer request was pr for Ashley. Carroll agreed for £££ and because at that point he had probably made up his mind.

Carroll handing in a transfer request will have cost him a fortune, he hasn't done that for PR.

Presumably it costs him a little less than the extra dosh he'll make from his salary at Liverpool over the life of the contract.

Right that explains why he wanted to leave and handed in a transfer request to get the move, how does that explain why he'd do it for Ashley?

As every minute goes by , I'm thinking more and more about how bad this deal was for us the supporters. We'll not see that money fully re-invested, no one should kid themselves on that score. Even if we see a quarter of it, it'll be spunked on some overprice has been or never was. Thank god we have 30 points already in the bank.

£35m is ridiculous cash. From a neutral pov, the only downside is the lack of time in the window to replace him.

Obviously you'll be gutted he wanted out since he's a local lad etc. NUFC haven't done badly out of it at all though.

955: I was speaking to a football agent last week, and he told me that if clubs wanted to wrap up deals in time to beat the 2300 GMT deadline for transfers, they really needed to have the player undergoing a medical by 2000 GMT so as to get the assessment done and dusted in time to get the required forms off to the Premier League. Consider this your five minute warning people.

The FA do anything they want, man.

2007: DONE DEAL Well midfielder Stephen Ireland has now completed his loan move until the end of the season from Aston Villa to Newcastle.

Day gets worse. Still now Carroll's gone I don't care anymore, we need bodies now.

I love the way people don't believe anything the papers/journos say, even though on an awful lot of occasions since Ashley took over they've been correct with stories we all thought bollocks, but believe everything "official", from a club that have been proven to be liars.

If Ashley is lying then Carroll or his agent will let us know and then Ashley will get all of the shit he deserves thrown at him.

Fat Mike is rather good at selling the clubs assets on transfer deadline day and (conveniently) not giving himself time to get  quality replacements in, isn't he!

He simply just had to say "no mike, I don't won't to leave". Handing in a transfer request makes absolutely no sense what so ever if he was going to be sold anyway.

Mike could quite easily have said, No, Andrew, I will not allow you to leave, your transfer request is refused.

This is not unheard of in the world of professional football.

Wonder why Liverpool didn't try that cunning plan with Torres.