West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think this situation is worse though, because we thought Carroll understood how important NUFC was to the fans and he loved the club himself.

Yep, he was supposed to get it. To understand what it meant to wear the number nine. Shearer was his hero! He doesn't have a fraction of the loyalty Al had.

Piss off man. Shearer milked us far worse and was a busted flush who didn't have any other interested suitors after he came here. He was Kevin Nolan playing up front by the time he got here.

Fuck off :lol:

I think this situation is worse though, because we thought Carroll understood how important NUFC was to the fans and he loved the club himself.

Yep, he was supposed to get it. To understand what it meant to wear the number nine. Shearer was his hero! He doesn't have a fraction of the loyalty Al had.

Piss off man. Shearer milked us far worse and was a busted flush who didn't have any other interested suitors after he came here. He was Kevin Nolan playing up front by the time he got here.

Aye, this is the time to be having a go at Shearer. Fuck off yourself.

Guest neesy111

The fact is though with the amount of money we draw in from TV and Gate receipts we should be able to compete for europe eventually.

I've said this, Liverpool are not much better off than us in terms of 1st team squad.  Granted they have a better strike force now, their defence is woeful and think we have the better midfield when ben arfa is back.

They'll still be lucky to qualify for EL this season.

unless ashley wants to take some monies back out. if not then this summer, if we survive in the prem, and the carroll monies on top ought to see us spending.

It was reported we would be spending decent amounts if we stayed up.  Hopefully we do get the £35M.  I will say Ashley hasn't taken a penny out of this club despite what people will say.

Guest Loven11

ANDY CARROLL completed an astonishing £35million move to Liverpool yesterday but claimed he had been forced out of Newcastle.

Striker Carroll, 22, told close friends he did not want to leave Newcastle and texts seen by the Daily Express confirm that.

In one, sent to Steve Wraith, editor of a Toon fanzine, Carroll says: “They have kind of said we don’t want u but want me to say I wanna go. And I said I don’t wanna go.”

Asked what was going on, Carroll replied: “I don’t know mate. Gutted tho. They said they wanted the money. Gutted to be leaving my home club but I was practically told to go. Don’t want to leave. That’s why I signed five-year deal.”

Carroll makes it clear that the motivation for the move was based around the Magpies board, who wanted to cash in on his blistering early-season form and felt £35m was too good an offer to decline.

Carroll made his late-night switch to Liverpool for a record fee for a British player as manager Kenny Dalglish quickly spent some of the £50m he received for Fernando Torres’s move to Chelsea.

When Carroll signed an extended deal in November he said: “That’s it, 100 per cent. I’ve just signed a five-year contract and as it stands I want to be here forever. This is my home, what I want to be doing, the club I want to play for, the shirt I want to wear.”

Newcastle said Carroll left of his own accord, having handed in a transfer request and had moved for vastly increased wages.

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/226490/Andy-Carroll-I-was-forced-out-of-Toon/Andy-Carroll-I-was-forced-out-of-Toon#ixzz1CfELg9Gj

Like I said, brand value. There is a cultural glass ceiling at the top of the Premiership that is far more resilient than any gap in financial capabilities. Due to the fact that we acted like fucking idiots precisely at the moment when it was being defined, we're firmly on the wrong side of it.

That's a great way of phrasing it! We would need some sort of perfect storm of luck, money and more luck to get on the other side. Just need to see how hard Man City and Spurs are trying still without having got there.

Pardew certainly seemed confident in the radio interview that there would be quite a bit of dealing in the summer. Obviously you don't have to believe him, but I'll at least be hopeful we'll make a couple of decent signings.

We might not get the full £35m for players, but a good slice of it would be nice.

ANDY CARROLL completed an astonishing £35million move to Liverpool yesterday but claimed he had been forced out of Newcastle.

Striker Carroll, 22, told close friends he did not want to leave Newcastle and texts seen by the Daily Express confirm that.

In one, sent to Steve Wraith, editor of a Toon fanzine, Carroll says: “They have kind of said we don’t want u but want me to say I wanna go. And I said I don’t wanna go.”

Asked what was going on, Carroll replied: “I don’t know mate. Gutted tho. They said they wanted the money. Gutted to be leaving my home club but I was practically told to go. Don’t want to leave. That’s why I signed five-year deal.”

Carroll makes it clear that the motivation for the move was based around the Magpies board, who wanted to cash in on his blistering early-season form and felt £35m was too good an offer to decline.

Carroll made his late-night switch to Liverpool for a record fee for a British player as manager Kenny Dalglish quickly spent some of the £50m he received for Fernando Torres’s move to Chelsea.

When Carroll signed an extended deal in November he said: “That’s it, 100 per cent. I’ve just signed a five-year contract and as it stands I want to be here forever. This is my home, what I want to be doing, the club I want to play for, the shirt I want to wear.”

Newcastle said Carroll left of his own accord, having handed in a transfer request and had moved for vastly increased wages.

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/226490/Andy-Carroll-I-was-forced-out-of-Toon/Andy-Carroll-I-was-forced-out-of-Toon#ixzz1CfELg9Gj

Sounds like he's trying to deflect some of the blame.

Knows the fans hate Ashley and know the club won't respond. Easy target.

Pardew certainly seemed confident in the radio interview that there would be quite a bit of dealing in the summer. Obviously you don't have to believe him, but I'll at least be hopeful we'll make a couple of decent signings.

We might not get the full £35m for players, but a good slice of it would be nice.

We should f***ing get all of it.

Still doesn't make any sense that he handed in a transfer request. He could have been the heroic martyr if he's not done that.

Man City have just busted that glass ceiling, haven't they? From also-rans to title contenders in one season.

It's just that it can't be done by a club spending within its normal limits anymore.

They are literally spending infinite money and in a way, they're still not there.

They won't win the title this season, and I bet most players STILL wouldn't choose them over Liverpool.

Call me naive, but I for one believe this, to a certain degree.

Guest neesy111

Sounds like he's trying to deflect some of the blame.

Knows the fans hate Ashley and know the club won't respond. Easy target.

My thoughts as well, he'll have questions about them fired at him at the various press conferences now.

Carroll could have easily said he's not making that big a decision in half a day which will effect his career and his family set up, no one would expect that off anyone.

Carroll jumped at the chance for a massive wage increase and to get away from old habits.

You're only naive if you believe those who've lied to us on a number of occasions, including last month through Pardew.

Ronaldo, do you have any idea why Carroll would submit a transfer request if he was really 'forced out'? I can't think of a way the club could have got him to do it.

We should f***ing get all of it.

Damn fucking right. If there was to be any modicrum of justice and reason to come out of this absolutely horrible day is that we buy £30 million worth of 'Tiote and Ben Arfa model' signings over the summer.

I'm not expecting it.