West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

f***ing hell man, some of the crack on here.  "CARROLL IS A c***!"  "JUDAS b******!". 

Then Pardew comes out and says "I was lying from the minute I got here.  There were never any assurances from Derek or Mike about Carroll.  I was lying to you all."

He passes that s*** sarnie across to you lot and you just neck it, no questions asked, pausing briefly to tell him that it was f***ing delicious.

Whether what he is saying now is true, or whether he's under orders to "go and tell the fans we didn't make those assurances, cos you've made us look bad" is anyone's guess.  I suspect the latter, otherwise why concoct the line about his initial conversations with the owner being all about Carroll and assurances he was going nowhere. You don't need to do that before you know that clubs are sniffing around the player.

Some of you will buy owt they say.  And if what he is saying is true, then the failure to bring in a striker and the willingess to let players leave is all the more stark.  Either way, he loses.  And so do all of us.

As Pards said  “You have to face reality. Unfortunately that is what we had to do when Liverpool came with their pockets ­brimming full of cash.

They were always going to sell him transfer request or not. They just f***ed around with AC on transfer deadline saying he could speak to them, then he could not, contract talks, then no contract talks & then asking for a transfer request.

What? :lol: That's not what those quotes say.

Sunday Mirror saying hes out for the season.

I heard 8 weeks yesterday but I understand liverpool sent him for some further scans or something and they showed the daage was worse than expected.

Part of the grand plan to keep him till the very last day so that L'pool have no time to do a full and complete check on his injury  :iamatwat:

Sunday Mirror saying hes out for the season.

I heard 8 weeks yesterday but I understand liverpool sent him for some further scans or something and they showed the daage was worse than expected.

Part of the grand plan to keep him till the very last day so that L'pool have no time to do a full and complete check on his injury  :iamatwat:

:lol:

Fuck, that might even be true.

Considering Liverpool's luck his hamstring will probably be stronger than ever in about 4 weeks.

Luck. Liverpool must be the most hunted club ever! I mean. They never lucky and everything is always against them, just ask the fans.

but yeah, probably.

Guest Stephen927
“It certainly wasn’t all plain sailing for Andy.

“When he first appeared on the scene he was a tall skinny kid and his co-ordination was all over the place.

‘‘He reminded me of a giraffe! Two of the older lads, David Edgar and Paul Huntingdon, gave Andy a bit of a rough time at training and he used to well up – there were tears in his eyes.

“But Andy coped well and turned himself into the tough guy and the player he is today. His rise has been nothing short of meteroic.’’

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/02/06/ex-newcastle-boss-glenn-roeder-reveals-35m-andy-carroll-was-a-tooncrier-102039-22902163/

Justice for the £35m

Oh dear.

Losing your star player's a pain in the arse. Losing your sons and daughters through the deliberate negligence of the authorities and then being told it's your fault is a different bag of s*** altogether. Maybe I just don't have a sense of humour, eh?

Pretty much yeah.

The reality is that every player has his price, and anyone who takes literally the statement, 'The player is not for sale' is being naive. That only ever means, 'If you want the player, you are going to have to offer us really silly money' - which is what Liverpool did.

There's really not much else that Pardew could have said in the circumstances. 'It depends on the size of the bid' just attracts interest, as Pardew said.

:sadnod:

I've been reliably informed that Carroll didn't want to go but felt he had no option. His Agent may be the only person truly pleased with the transfer.

When he's demanding a new contract for a huge pay rise just 3 months after the last one, he already has no right complaining 'being forced out".

Justice for the £35m

Oh dear.

Losing your star player's a pain in the arse. Losing your sons and daughters through the deliberate negligence of the authorities and then being told it's your fault is a different bag of s*** altogether. Maybe I just don't have a sense of humour, eh?

Pretty much yeah.

It certainly wasnt all plain sailing for Andy.

When he first appeared on the scene he was a tall skinny kid and his co-ordination was all over the place.

He reminded me of a giraffe! Two of the older lads, David Edgar and Paul Huntingdon, gave Andy a bit of a rough time at training and he used to well up there were tears in his eyes.

But Andy coped well and turned himself into the tough guy and the player he is today. His rise has been nothing short of meteroic.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/02/06/ex-newcastle-boss-glenn-roeder-reveals-35m-andy-carroll-was-a-tooncrier-102039-22902163/

Huntingdon and edgar! :lol:

f***ing hell man, some of the crack on here.  "CARROLL IS A c***!"  "JUDAS b******!". 

Then Pardew comes out and says "I was lying from the minute I got here.  There were never any assurances from Derek or Mike about Carroll.  I was lying to you all."

He passes that s*** sarnie across to you lot and you just neck it, no questions asked, pausing briefly to tell him that it was f***ing delicious.

Whether what he is saying now is true, or whether he's under orders to "go and tell the fans we didn't make those assurances, cos you've made us look bad" is anyone's guess.  I suspect the latter, otherwise why concoct the line about his initial conversations with the owner being all about Carroll and assurances he was going nowhere. You don't need to do that before you know that clubs are sniffing around the player.

Some of you will buy owt they say.  And if what he is saying is true, then the failure to bring in a striker and the willingess to let players leave is all the more stark.  Either way, he loses.  And so do all of us.

As Pards said  “You have to face reality. Unfortunately that is what we had to do when Liverpool came with their pockets ­brimming full of cash.

They were always going to sell him transfer request or not. They just f***ed around with AC on transfer deadline saying he could speak to them, then he could not, contract talks, then no contract talks & then asking for a transfer request.

Face reality we were going to sell AC.

Face reality we were going to sell AC.

Always going to be the outcome.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It certainly wasnt all plain sailing for Andy.

When he first appeared on the scene he was a tall skinny kid and his co-ordination was all over the place.

He reminded me of a giraffe! Two of the older lads, David Edgar and Paul Huntingdon, gave Andy a bit of a rough time at training and he used to well up there were tears in his eyes.

But Andy coped well and turned himself into the tough guy and the player he is today. His rise has been nothing short of meteroic.

Huntingdon and edgar! :lol:

Andy Carroll's move from Newcastle to Liverpool not only brings a new club and new challenges for the young striker, it'll also bring new living arrangements. In Newcastle, Carroll was court-ordered to live with club captain Kevin Nolan and his family as a condition of his bail for charges of assaulting a former girlfriend. Nolan made Carroll stick to a strict curfew and read bedtime stories to his kids. But now that he's in Liverpool, we imagine Carroll moving in with his new club's skipper, Steven Gerrard. The following is a transcript of their conversation on the matter.

Carroll: Hello? Anybody home?

Gerrard: Yeah, I'm in the kitchen drinking some lemonade and reading about dinosaurs.

Carroll: Oh, hey Steven. Thanks again for having me.

Gerrard: I know you're thankful. I'm glad everything worked out how I planned. Last week I was talking to the board at Liverpool because they ask me to make all their most important decisions for them and I was like, "Yeah, we should sell Torres to Chelsea for £50 million and then buy Andy Carroll for £35 million and then pretend like we want Charlie Adam too, but just as a joke." And they were like, "Oh Steven Gerrard, that's a great idea -- you should have more kids so there are more people with your smarts in their heads." And I was like "..." and they were like "..."

Carroll: Uh. Right. So is your family OK with me moving in?

Gerrard: Yeah, I didn't tell my wife yet because we usually just say "I love you" and then stare at each other for a really long time, but when I told my daughters, they were like, "Oh Steven Gerrard, that's going to be so much fun. We have no idea who Andy Carroll is but we're sure he's a great lad who never assaults people and probably knows a lot about fashion." And I was like, "Liverpool loves me so much that they'll probably build a statue of me where I'm half man, half horse when I retire." And they were like, "Do you mean a centaur?" And I was like "..." and they were like "..."

Carroll: Right. Well, at Kev's house I read stories to his kids and had loads of fun with them, so I'd be happy to do the same with your girls if you- wait, your daughters call you Steven Gerrard?

Gerrard: Did you read them the one I just made up about the happy Scouse mushroom who was really good at football? 

Carroll: Uh, no.

Gerrard: Well you should've. It's a great story and it'll probably win all the book awards and get added to the Bible.

Carroll: OK. So are there any house rules I should know?

Gerrard: Yeah, there's a bunch. I was just telling Glen Johnson my house rules the other day. I was like, "If Phil Collins ever stays at my house I'm going to have him play Sussudio for me live and let me sing the part where he goes 'oh Sussudio.'" And Glen was like, "Oh Steven Gerrard that's the greatest house rule ever. I'll probably get it tattooed on my body after I cut my hair so I can look more like you." And I was like, "I'm going to have Andy Carroll live with me so I can show him how to be the second greatest footballer and have him taste all my signature dishes." And he was like "..." and I was like "..."

Carroll: Right. So are there any house rules for me, or just for Phil Collins?

Gerrard: There are house rules for you and you'll hear them if you stop asking so many questions. The first and only rule for you is that you have to give me cupcakes. Now which bag are they in?

Carroll: ...

Gerrard: ...

Carroll: I didn't know I was supposed to bring cupcakes. But I'll go get you some.

Gerrard: Yes!

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/DT-Exclusive-Andy-Carroll-moves-in-with-Steven-?urn=sow-315320

"Oh Steven Gerrard, that's going to be so much fun" :lol: