West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Rainforest

:lol:  reminds of me of the tales from Nolans mansion when the missus and the kids were on holiday.

Pikey shouts were heard coming from one the bedrooms

RIDE ME

RIDE ME

RIDE ME

Sounds like an innocent little get-together with the lads while the family`s abroad :lol: :lol:

Said it before, but even when Carroll is playing for the dippers I can't dislike the guy.  I want to, but I can't.  Never wanted to see the lad fail miserably.  Even when he scored for England I was pleased for the big c***.

Pedro f***ed off to Liverpool and came back, so AC can do the same.  Come home you pikey looking woman beater.

I know the feeling. I want to laugh at him for failing  but on the other side I feel kinda proud and hope he does well. Totally split.

so far it's looking like a shit move for all involved - Liverpool paid far too much on someone who doesnt fit into their side, Carroll's out on his own pissing his life away and not going to be the same player that he could've been for us, and we didnt actually spend any of the transfer fee.

bring him back next summer for £14m  :snod:

It's like a relationship you had, say, in your school days.  You both matured together, great partnership, things were looking up, bright future ahead.

Suddenly, WHAM!  Some crazy incident throws everything into question.  Some third party enters the scene and throws everything out of whack. 

You break up.  It's messy.  Everyone does and says rotten things. 

Later, you realize how awesome things used to be.  You see the other party isn't as happy or well-off as they used to be, and you could say the same for yourself.

You want to get back together.  But how?  Who makes the first move?  What do you say?

It's all very Splendor In The Grass right now.  :sadnod:

It's like a relationship you had, say, in your school days.  You both matured together, great partnership, things were looking up, bright future ahead.

Suddenly, WHAM!  Some crazy incident throws everything into question.  Some third party enters the scene and throws everything out of whack. 

You break up.  It's messy.  Everyone does and says rotten things. 

Later, you realize how awesome things used to be.  You see the other party isn't as happy or well-off as they used to be, and you could say the same for yourself.

You want to get back together.  But how?  Who makes the first move?  What do you say?

It's all very Splendor In The Grass right now.   :sadnod:

:gayfight:

Guest Rainforest

I can relate to that, the only difference is that when you reflect on the past relationship you tend to focus on everything you miss about the relationship, not necessarily that particular partner. How many on here have been burnt on thinking they actually miss her, when what you really miss is it. Carroll belongs in Newcastle, and I suspect everyone on this board knows it. He will be back one day, Im sure of it.

The Carroll-sale was possibly the worst sort of deal for everyone on here, only Ashleys pocket benefitted. The money was good but we are never gonna see them. Hence its pointless using the amount of quid as an arguement. We lost our best striker and brought no replacement in, not now - not ever.

Horrible deal, horrible for fans, horrible for NUFC. Good deal for FMA.

That depends on how you calculate the expenses. If we include agent fees, salaries during the contract period and sign on fees, we've used all the money. And a very, very important factor is that we used some of those money to tie down Tiote for 6,5 years.

You're not under any illusions why that was done, surely?

Only so we can extract the maximum fee when we sell him in 6 months.

Yeah, protecting your investment is probably the right word for it. But all other clubs would have done exatly the same. If he's sold, we'll get a solid sum for him though. But it will be a devastating blow. Tiote,HBA or Colo in a ManU/Liverpool jersey is THE worst scenario for me. The sales of Carroll and Enrique don't even come close.

Baffling.

Carroll could have been a number 9 at Newcastle for years. As a product of the youth system and a Geordie I don't know how you can compare him to Colo/HBA/ Tiote, the last two of which we really must acknowledge will have seen a move to NUFC as a stepping stone.

Baffling.

Carroll could have been a number 9 at Newcastle for years. As a product of the youth system and a Geordie I don't know how you can compare him to Colo/HBA/ Tiote, the last two of which we really must acknowledge will have seen a move to NUFC as a stepping stone.

I'm a Norwegian, so I don't have the same feelings for a local lad like you do.  Carroll could be great, but only if he's put together with a set of players that use his strong sides. But the moves Tiote and Colo pull off sometimes are just pure fucking class. Imo, HBA and Tiote have the potential to play at the highest level.  You know that if they're sold it will take many seasons before we'll see similar players in black and white. We'll have plenty of Carroll's (in case of ability), but it's not sure that he'll be local and developed within the club, which is what makes him special for you.

Guest Rainforest

He's never going for £10m btw :D

Crouch goes for 10 mill and he is a decade older, so yeah. Villa and Stoke would have spunked theirselves to sign him for 15-20 mill, so he will never go for below that.

I don't think Carroll is all that special, he hit a purple patch, had a good/excellent 6 months. Whether he can replicate that form and be a superstar in the future is still debatable. If we had replaced him with a decent striker, he would be soon forgotten. But since we didn't people, are not pining for him to come back. I won't have him back unless its below 10M. For above 10M, we can find better strikers who have proven themselves beyond 6 months.

I don't think Carroll is all that special, he hit a purple patch, had a good/excellent 6 months. Whether he can replicate that form and be a superstar in the future is still debatable. If we had replaced him with a decent striker, he would be soon forgotten. But since we didn't people, are not pining for him to come back. I won't have him back unless its below 10M. For above 10M, we can find better strikers who have proven themselves beyond 6 months.

My sentiments exactly..

Guest Rainforest

He might have hit a purple patch, but there is something unplayable about him when he is at his best, in the same way Rooney is unplayable. Not that they are comparable at all, but I see a bit of Wayne in him.

My sentiments exactly..

Fuck me. Absolutely clueless.

He's being marked out of games for Liverpool from what I've seen. Blaming "lack of service" would be the easy thing to do, but to me it looks like his positioning/anticipation just isn't "right". He doesn't seem to be able to get on the end of a cracking delivery that's played in between the defense and goalkeeper because he's always half a yard behind the defender and doesn't have what it takes to get ahead. Someone like Shearer or Sir Les would be on the defender's shoulder already making their diagonal movement before the winger starts the crossing motion, sometimes applying a small burst to get on the end of the ball, whereas Carroll just seems to stand there jogging in line with the defender, waiting until it's too late.

Maybe he can be coached into making and timing those runs perfectly, and God help defenders when he does (hence the price tag), but that's not a guarantee by any means. We've seen with Shola for example that you can't coach "intelligence" into a player. In a team like Liverpool with players capable of providing quality service, he's a bit of a waste at present.

My sentiments exactly..

Fuck me. Absolutely clueless.

Well it remains to be seen doesn't it? He hasn't exactly set the world alight since his move.

FWIW I think he'll do really well for Liverpool eventually, but if I was a fan of theirs I wouldn't be pleased that we spent £35m on him at the moment.

My sentiments exactly..

f*** me. Absolutely clueless.

Thanks, coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment