West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mate of mine, who is a friend of the Carroll family are saying hes heading over to sort out the deal sometime this weekend.

My sister's boyfriend's mate's auntie's mom's son's bestfriend who works at the club says Messi is going to sign.

When?

Says he's should be signed by Wednesday

Think your talking shit mate.

Nothing get's past you.

Mate of mine, who is a friend of the Carroll family are saying hes heading over to sort out the deal sometime this weekend.

I've heard similar, terms no problem, taking shirt number 11, only problem is Liverpool holding out for £15M

I've heard similar, terms no problem, taking shirt number 11, only problem is Liverpool holding out for £15M

I'll ask again seeing as though neither of you mention, but where are you hearing this?

Jungle Drums

I'll ask again seeing as though neither of you mention, but where are you hearing this?

:itk:

We believe in the scouts, right? We keep bragging how good they are. So why shouldn't we believe in a move for this guy? I doubt it's an emotional move, we're still standing firm on the Debuchy deal, despite desperately needing him. Is it at all possible that the people in charge know something that we don't know?

I still feel like a properly motivated Andy Carroll is a frightening thing.

I maybe in the minority but I really hope this happens. Think he'll be back with a real desire to prove people wrong, as soon as he pulls on the shirt again the goals will flow. As for him not fitting our style now etc, we'll have real striking options when deciding whether to play 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or whatever depending on the opposition.

Carroll can actually play the ball on the floor contrary to popular belief.

He was good on the deck when he was here, and I thought he'd go on to big things, but watching him run lately he looks like he is wading through waist-high treacle.

Especially when he's had a drink.

So then sign him and help him sort out his shit. Clean him up and put him on the field. Pull a Josh Hamilton. The talent is obviously there, help the idiot find it.

Carroll can actually play the ball on the floor contrary to popular belief.

He was good on the deck when he was here, and I thought he'd go on to big things, but watching him run lately he looks like he is wading through waist-high treacle.

He looks a lot bigger than when he was with us. Didn't Liverpool make a big deal about him working on his upper body when he was working back to fitness?

Either way, I think we had him right physically, he was strong but way more mobile than he seems to be now. Hopefully we could put that right again.

Guest reefatoon

If we do sign Carroll,I can't see us keeping him, Ba and Cisse all happy. I feel it's upsetting the apple cart. I also think it has been a bit of a distraction to us this summer.

We believe in the scouts, right? We keep bragging how good they are. So why shouldn't we believe in a move for this guy? I doubt it's an emotional move, we're still standing firm on the Debuchy deal, despite desperately needing him. Is it at all possible that the people in charge know something that we don't know?

Because we also believe that Mike Ashley's a chauvinist, and he's in charge.

I maybe in the minority but I really hope this happens. Think he'll be back with a real desire to prove people wrong, as soon as he pulls on the shirt again the goals will flow. As for him not fitting our style now etc, we'll have real striking options when deciding whether to play 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or whatever depending on the opposition.

If we were living in a comic book story, maybe.

Because we also believe that Mike Ashley's a chauvinist, and he's in charge.

:lol: The fuck?

/'inconceivable'

:lol:

what?

edit - ahh yes, it appears I've used that word out of context, my point still stands though  :lol:

Phew, thought my brain broke. Still have no clue what the connection is mind. :D

There isn't one, I just used the wrong word.

Our scouting network have found/signed far, far better players for far, far less money. I can only assume they've had little say in this deal as it's very unlike us to spend so much money on a player who has played badly for 18 months.

How many of us even wanted him back before it became a possibility? If we'd offered £12million for him after we'd beaten them 2-0, Trim Mike would have been laughed out of town.

Our scouting network have found/signed far, far better players for far, far less money. I can only assume they've had little say in this deal as it's very unlike us to spend so much money on a player who has played badly for 18 months.

How many of us even wanted him back before it became a possibility? If we'd offered £12million for him after we'd beaten them 2-0, Trim Mike would have been laughed out of town.

I just can't see these guys spending 12m for the lols. There is a great player still in there, imo.

I just can't see these guys spending 12m for the lols. There is a great player still in there, imo.

We'd be spending minus money! If we keep spending minus money we'll have infinite money eventually. I think Marathon Mike works purely on the basis of me being able to post this....

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24133683.jpg

So conning Liverpool out of £23million greatly appeals to the Toned One.

There is a good player in Carroll although i think that we will have to be patient to get him back if he did sign.  He has seemed to become a much leaner player at LFC and imo that has cost him, his strength is what helped him win headers at NUFC and from what i've seen of his LFC/England displays i do think he has lost a bit of that.

What does concern me is that were all saying that SAFC has paid over the odds for a average striker in Fletcher £12-15m for a 10-15 goal striker, i cant help but feel like were doing the same.

Playing the style of football that we do now i just cant see Carroll scoring 20 plus goals a year, Carroll has more potential then Fletcher but i bet Fletcher doesn't have AC's baggage or his wages.  TBH i'd rather spend the money elsewhere.