West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fuck I have a busy day next Friday as well. It will be my last day in work before the kids are back in school, I can't sit on here all day pressing F5 with this site and BBC transfer section open, reading shit tweets of so and so seen at the training ground by someones aunties boyfriends uncle.

Zaha?

You could be on the money with that one. I'd take him. Looks very raw though. If he could make a Victor Moses like improvement it would be good. How much though £5m-8m possibly?

I think it'd take a bit more than that to shift him - possibly around £10m.

I'm a bit surprised he's still at Palace. I was really wanting us to sign one of Moses, Hoilett or Zaha. He's raw, but he could turn out the best of the three.

Pardew's Palace connections might work in our favour.

Are Palace still in financial difficulty or is that old news, haven't seen much of him, but what I have seen very raw, but the talent seems to be there.

M'baye Niang is available for a few million, fits out policy

The bbc bollocks .... I mean gossip column has Everton with an interest. 17 is bit young though, not sure he would be more ready than Campbell. But yiu never know Mike likes them young :)

Pards could just be bullshitting of course - maybe thinks Liverpool are more likely to accept our Carroll offer if they think we have other options.

Yeah I remember Pardew saying we wouldn't be bringing in a striker two days before we signed Cisse. He likes his little white lies

Guest bimpy474

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew appears to have ruled out a return to the club for former striker Andy Carroll.

The Liverpool striker has been linked with a move back to his hometown club after failing to impress Brendan Rodgers at Anfield.

He was left on the substitutes bench for the Reds’ opening league game against West Brom last week, and wasn’t included at all for the Europa League victory over Hearts.

But Pardew doesn’t think a deal to bring Carroll back to St James’ Park is likely to materialise before the transfer window closes on Friday.

“I don’t think so,” he said. “We’re talking more of a younger player who could perhaps take the club forward.

“We’ve taken two or three younger players this season who have done very well for us. It depends if the price is right and everything fits the bill.”

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew appears to have ruled out a return to the club for former striker Andy Carroll.

The Liverpool striker has been linked with a move back to his hometown club after failing to impress Brendan Rodgers at Anfield.

He was left on the substitutes bench for the Reds’ opening league game against West Brom last week, and wasn’t included at all for the Europa League victory over Hearts.

But Pardew doesn’t think a deal to bring Carroll back to St James’ Park is likely to materialise before the transfer window closes on Friday.

“I don’t think so,” he said. “We’re talking more of a younger player who could perhaps take the club forward.

“We’ve taken two or three younger players this season who have done very well for us. It depends if the price is right and everything fits the bill.”

So one for the future = squad filler

Sign Debuchy you fucking penny pinching twats!

For what it's worth, I don't think Pardew would have been telling the truth as such to the ESPN woman.

It was Jacqui Oatley, she's on Five Live more than ESPN. Not that this is relevant. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

So one for the future = squad filler

Sign Debuchy you fucking penny pinching twats!

:nods:

Guest BooBoo

I'll be very underwhelmed if we bring in a striking equivalent of Bigi or Good: ie young and unproven. We need a 3rd striker that we can rely on. A promising youngster is not what we need at this moment in time, we need a goalscorer who can hit the ground running and contribute now, not in three years time.