West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There are clearly better players than Carroll for that price, but there would be a real poetry to the whole thing if we brought him back for 12m.  This would be like the 100-year Rodgering.  It would be very difficult to f*** Liverpool much better than this.

I could think of one... Don't buy him and leave Liverpool with the problem of what to do with him to solve rather than us ending up with the exact same problem...

You need to name 10 players who we can get below 12M before you're qualified to say that we could do better with 12M!

Why?... I don't follow?...

There are clearly better players than Carroll for that price, but there would be a real poetry to the whole thing if we brought him back for 12m.  This would be like the 100-year Rodgering.  It would be very difficult to f*** Liverpool much better than this.

I could think of one... Don't buy him and leave Liverpool with the problem of what to do with him to solve rather than us ending up with the exact same problem...

You need to name 10 players who we can get below 12M before you're qualified to say that we could do better with 12M!

It was tongue in cheek mate, because that's the reaction some will tell you if you dare to have the opinion that Carroll is not worth 12M

He was playing in a team last year with no passion, had no trust from the supporters of the team and had a shitty year. Homesick appareantly as he was rather often observed back north aswell. All that stuff will offcourse affect you. And do mind, his manager played to his weakness rather then strength. Back here he the bad feeling will be forgotten once he scores a goal, I am quite sure of that. Especially if we can get him back for 12 million, I mean he then earned us 23 million for nothing?

Once he gets his glow, will and joy back he will tear defences apart again.

It was tongue in cheek mate, because that's the reaction some will tell you if you dare to have the opinion that Carroll is not worth 12M

To be honest it's not the fee I was getting at though I agree £12m is a bit north to what he's worth to us... It's more his playing style... I just feel we'd end up with the same problem as Liverpool are currently facing... So add that to the a very sizeable fee and wage deal and I conclude it doesn't make much sense...

How so? We know of his quality. £12M is not that much in the grand scheme of things.

So you're saying that just because Sunderland will file for bankruptcy in 5 years we should also?

Carroll clearly has talent, he just needs teams to play to them really. He wouldn't be a starter for me if we signed him but he would be a good option to bring off the bench and mix things up and also a good option if one of the Dembas gets injured.

My biggest worry about Carroll coming is that when he 1st was here the team were pretty much geared up to play to his strengths, now he would be 3rd choice and we are not set up the same, not sure we'd get the best out of him.

I am sure at a team like Stoke he could well thrive and be very effective. The boy clearly has talent, Liverpool paid massively over the odds for him and are unlikely to settle for peanuts. Realistically he is a £6-£8 million pound player. However, I think I'd rather him in than nobody, as today we have no strikers on the bench and not sure if we can rely on Campbell yet.

I suppose we need to trust Carr and his gang? They pulled it off in January when last summer we were desperate for strikers, maybe he'll have something up his sleeve then.

I'm in full agreement in Mike. The people in charge of these things have earned my trust and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

There is absolutely no way the bunch of cheapskates who would let a move collapse over "an extra one million" would be willing to throw 12 million out there unless they were confident there was a big opportunity to be had.

Carroll clearly has talent, he just needs teams to play to them really. He wouldn't be a starter for me if we signed him but he would be a good option to bring off the bench and mix things up and also a good option if one of the Dembas gets injured.

Carrol would start for me every game on the road.

Guest Nobbys Trumpet

Take him back right away, for 12 million I think it's worth it (Think we get money back from the sell-on value as well?).

I've always wanted to see how Cisse and Ba would work up top with a proper target man knocking balls onto them and that. Away from home in Europe etc he'd be the perfect player.

All the strikers would still be happy imo, there's a lot of games to be shared out and they'll need rest. Carroll would gladly play 3rd choice this season back at the club he loves, rather than first choice at West ham, Stoke or staying on the bench at Liverpool.

I've actually take him back now. Simply due to our inactivity so far when it comes to the first team.

Amazing how your views change towards the end of the transfer window.

Done exactly the same.

I've actually take him back now. Simply due to our inactivity so far when it comes to the first team.

Amazing how your views change towards the end of the transfer window.

Done exactly the same.

Me too.

Guest BooBoo

I'd have him in for just the lift he'd give the fans and the squad.

Everything just seems a tad flat, like we've lost the momentum a bit.