West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

People whi are saying 12 mil on carrol is a waste of time. If liverpool had come to us 18 months ago and said well give you 23 million loan fee for loaning him for 18 months no c*** would have said no.

I think lots of people would.

People whi are saying 12 mil on carrol is a waste of time. If liverpool had come to us 18 months ago and said well give you 23 million loan fee for loaning him for 18 months no cunt would have said no.

That's not really the point. We have changed, he hasn't performed. I just don't see the point in going back... if anything it will stunt our growth into a really good team.

Really dont want him back personally as i feel we could get much better value in a different player. However, if the alternative is no one and having to rely on Shola, who 1 game in has proved you cannot do, then i'm all for it.

Everyone on here is arguing that we play our best football in a 4-3-3, yet I seem to remember us murdering Man Utd playing a 4-4-2 with a target man (Shola) alongside a goal scoring striker (Ba).  I think Andy Carroll could work really well alongside either Ba or Cisse.  I'm not saying he should necessarily be first choice but I think he would be a really good option depending on the opposition, and given the option I would rather buy a striker who offers something different to what we currently have rather than going for an attacjking utility player who can play anywhere across a front three.

I'd say 95% of the blerks on here don't want Andy back.  Yet when there have been polls amongst NUFC fans, the majority want him back.  Eh! what's gannin' on like?

Then again at that Pardew talk-in apparently the reaction from those in attendance was very mixed.

I'd say 95% of the blerks on here don't want Andy back.  Yet when there have been polls amongst NUFC fans, the majority want him back.  Eh! what's gannin' on like?

Then again at that Pardew talk-in apparently the reaction from those in attendance was very mixed.

Aye he was taken aback by it, and still made out like he was the best thing since sliced bread

Guest icemanblue

Aye he was taken aback by it, and still made out like he was the best thing since sliced bread

One or two goals for us and he will be... again.

His form and fee won't improve, because he won't play. It's f***ing obvious. They can hang onto him until Christmas if they want but by then they'll have paid him about another £1.3m in wages. By next summer they'll have shelled out over £4m extra on wages for him, so even if they sell him for £16m next summer (which they won't, see earlier point about him not getting game time) then they're still worse off than if they sold him tomorrow for £12m.

Every year they hang onto him, they need to hope his value increases by more than £4m to make it worthwhile. How the f*** is that going to happen with him rotting on the bench? Or playing s*** when he does play because he's expected to be part of a passing team with the ball on the ground?

Rodgers is being a fool. That article above where he quotes the £35m to justify rejecting offers is just hilarious - How can you work out his value based on your predecessor paying WAY too much? That's just silly. His value, Brendan, is what people are willing to pay now.

Reject our offer by all means, it's your perogative to do so. Reject it because he's part of your plans for the future and that's actually reasonable enough. But to come out and say he's not part of your plans and that you're basically rejecting it because it's not close enough to the batshit crazy £35m paid by a bumbling, senile old Scottish drunk is frankly laughable.

He's worth £10-£12m, especially because he's not wanted. When he was with us he was worth perhaps nearer £20m because he was playing well and an integral part of the team. We took you to the f***ing cleaners, deal with it and move on. Nobody will pay £20m now, and it seems Carroll has his heart set on a return here.

All that said, I'm not even 100% sure I want him back. We've moved on from him and he'd not be a guaranteed starter by any means. I'd rather see Debuchy first, though perhaps one deal doesn't depend in the slightest on the other as it's not like Mike's short of a bob or 2. Plus, I trust the club now to do the right thing. I just worry slightly that this is Mike Ashley's idea rather than Pardew or Carr, and that he's just doing it to point-score.

Impeccable logic.

Should be emailed to Rodgers, John Henry and posted on LFC forums. Their pride and ego can be the only things stopping the deal.

Fucking great to see the scousers in such disarray.

There were rumors way before actually that 12m would be the price we'd get him for eventually, so not surprised this would come up.

Never gonna get accepted, although reports of a true bid like this coming in may test his loyalties.

I like Carroll but I can't see where he fits in the team, I rate both Ba and Cisse higher, so what's ganning on like? In an ideal world we would get a more skillful forward that can play on the wing, be content as back up, and cost alot less than Carroll, and this money would go towards the positions we are most in need of starting players.