West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Pretty plain that Rodgers doesn't rate or want Carroll. He will move before the deadline imo, its just to who.

no where because no team in the top 4 wants him.  and i doubt the teams outside the top 4 will match the wages he's on at liverpool or the transfer value.

he made it clear AC wont leave on a loan.

Those quotes though, sound like he wants the wages off if he cant sell him. Even if it does mean a season loan.

Just trying to read between the lines of what Rodgers said.

Pretty plain that Rodgers doesn't rate or want Carroll. He will move before the deadline imo, its just to who.

no where because no team in the top 4 wants him.  and i doubt the teams outside the top 4 will match the wages he's on at liverpool or the transfer value.

Those quotes though, sound like he wants the wages off if he cant sell him. Even if it does mean a season loan.

wont read anything rodgers is saying, he's clearly deluded and probably expect atleast 20 mill for the lad.  i find it strange why he cant fit AC in the way he wants his team to play.  AC is very underated footballer, he's not just a beanpole who gets on the end of things from long balls.

would love him to come in on loan now just so we have another body in the squad. Fuck all the talk about style of football it would mean and 442. Any signing would be a bonus going into the tough schedule till january

wont read anything rodgers is saying, he's clearly deluded and probably expect atleast 20 mill for the lad.  i find it strange why he cant fit AC in the way he wants his team to play.  AC is very underated footballer, he's not just a beanpole who gets on the end of things from long balls.

showing his limits as a manager if he can't adapt his "system" to fit him in

not fond of this growing trend of managers to have "systems" you have fucking players not robots who can slot in and out

Guest bimpy474

Funnily enough lots on here seem to think he's one dimensional. I agree with you he is much better than that.

not fond of this growing trend of managers to have "systems" you have f***ing players not robots who can slot in and out

either that or he simply doesnt like the lad or his lifestyle,  dalglish didnt use AC much either due his lack of fitness and lifestyle off the pitch. but then we are talking about dalglish.

Guest bimpy474

not fond of this growing trend of managers to have "systems" you have fucking players not robots who can slot in and out

Modern football though. Complete nonsense but its manager trying to show how clever they are imo.

Funnily enough lots on here seem to think he's one dimensional. I agree with you he is much better than that.

Peerless in the air, very sweet left foot and one of the hardest working forwards I've ever seen.

Guest Brendan_Rice

not fond of this growing trend of managers to have "systems" you have f***ing players not robots who can slot in and out

Modern football though. Complete nonsense but its manager trying to show how clever they are imo.

It is bullshit, I hope we get Carroll back for £15m and he turns into the player he was before he left. That would rightly sicken Liverpool, and just to rub it in I also hope he dives against them to win us a penalty in a 4-3 win to us.

he's definitely better than that but i still don't want him back unless its for a good good price, and he doesnt disrupt the harmony of the team, we know saylor and him dont get on much, and AC was part of the little group of godfathers, aka smith barton nolan and such.

Peerless in the air, very sweet left foot and one of the hardest working forwards I've ever seen.

Also a massive help defending at set pieces. Remember one defensive header vs Blackburn the season before last cleared the halfway line.

Baffles me that so many of our lot can't see that the person most to blame for Carroll's troubles at Liverpool was the manager Liverpool saw fit to sack.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah spot on. Dont understand the "we will smash it up field and he will change our style" brigade. Never did with him here before.

Guest bimpy474

It is bullshit, I hope we get Carroll back for £15m and he turns into the player he was before he left. That would rightly sicken Liverpool, and just to rub it in I also hope he dives against them to win us a penalty in a 4-3 win to us.

Would be rather brilliant that ;D

Guest bimpy474

he's definitely better than that but i still don't want him back unless its for a good good price, and he doesnt disrupt the harmony of the team, we know saylor and him dont get on much, and AC was part of the little group of godfathers, aka smith barton nolan and such.

I dont think Pardew would even go for it if he thought that.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Yeah spot on. Dont understand the "we will smash it up field and he will change our style" brigade. Never did with him here before.

It came from his time at Liverpool, when he first joined they used to smash it up to him every time, I think it was because their midfield was so shite.

Guest bimpy474

It came from his time at Liverpool, when he first joined they used to smash it up to him every time, I think it was because their midfield was so shite.

Aye, and what "magorific" just posted too. Dalglish's utter shit management and team selection done AC no favours.

Guest bimpy474

we did smash it up to him quite a bit under CH, and pardew then came in and made us play less direct.

Not just hoy it football though. Not the way some think it would be if he came back.

Pardew initially stressed the pursuit of the towering 23-year-old was all but over, and when asked if Carroll’s return was still a possibility, he said: “Not as far as I’m aware, no.

But when pressed to expand, his tone became less pessimistic.

Adding to the cat-and-mouse tactics, he: added “I’ve always said it’s not really down to me.

“Would I want him in my squad? Of course I would. Probably every Premier League manager in the country would want him in their squad.

"But can the business deal be done? That’s nothing to do with me.”

Pardew was then asked if Newcastle had returned with any improved offers for the striker, who left on deadline day in January 2011.

He added: “I’ve just answered that, I think.”

And when asked if the deal was now dead, he responded: “I didn’t say that.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-transfer-news-andy-carrolls-1286009?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Problem is that I think he needs to play every week. He needs to be the main man, and assuming we're going 4-4-2 I don't think either of Ba or Cisse deserve to be rotated. I don't think they'd like it either.

As things stand I think we'll try again for Carroll right at the death in an attempt to get Liverpool to give in and bite the bullet. We're miles apart in terms of valuation though, so it seems doomed to fail.

Guest Brendan_Rice

It came from his time at Liverpool, when he first joined they used to smash it up to him every time, I think it was because their midfield was so s****.

Aye, and what "magorific" just posted too. Dalglish's utter s*** management and team selection done AC no favours.

I can remember the season he took us up and the first half of the next season, his first touch was good, he was always looking to get on the ball and his confidence was sky high. He went to Liverpool and Carragher kept booting it past midfield hoping Carroll could do something with it. His first touch seemed to get piss poor and he wasn't making the right runs. Think the Liverpool way wasn't right for him.