West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So a player who can't get a game for a worse team would be our joint highest ever signing?

Nostalgia ain't cheap.

He can't get a game coz the manager dosnt want him, not coz he is shite. Carroll is better than Borini. Not always as simple as you are making out

Well if we're talking context the team worse than us paid £15M for a midfielder from a team which also finished way below us last year. And from reading between the lines we'd be pissed off if we sold either of our Midfield duo for less than £20M.

Now I was always of the impression that strikers tend to cost more than midfielders even when not taking into account the young and English factor. So getting a striker we know a lot about and who has been successful for us in the past for less than we'd be prepared to let our midfielders go for wouldn't be such a bad deal no?

So a player who can't get a game for a worse team would be our joint highest ever signing?

Nostalgia ain't cheap.

He can't get a game coz the manager dosnt want him, not coz he is shite. Carroll is better than Borini. Not always as simple as you are making out

At the same time he is a center forward.

We have Ba and Cisse who also i primary center forwards.

So i think what most people are thinking is "whats the point?"

Why do we not go for another type of forward who like to play out wide too.

It would give us more options.  :dontknow:

The price is for me at last, just a secondary consideration.

love how everyone is so bothered about the price. I'd like Carroll back. Trust the people that got us the best squad we've had in years.

Yeah because we should spend more on Carroll than we spent Cisse, Ba and Ben Arfa..... don't be so f*cking stupid.

16m is a heck of money, for that price we could get Remy or we could use that 16m to get Douglas and Debuchy and spend 6 or so million left on a very good 3rd choice.

There's a reason people are bothered about the price, it's because he's not even close to being worth that amount and we could buy 3 quality players for that amount.

Nostalgia ain't cheap.

He can't get a game coz the manager dosnt want him, not coz he is s****. Carroll is better than Borini. Not always as simple as you are making out

I agree that Carroll is a hell of a lot better than Rodgers is giving him credit for. I think £16m can go further than Carroll but we'll see what happens. If he comes back, I'll support him, if he doesn't, he can enjoy sitting on the bench while Borini doesn't score

Nostalgia ain't cheap.

He can't get a game coz the manager dosnt want him, not coz he is s****. Carroll is better than Borini. Not always as simple as you are making out

His last league goal at Anfield was in April 2011. Can't blame Rodgers for that.

They are still making a £19m profit on a guy that even if it dosn't work out we could prob get £10m+ for

What the fuck has the prices of other players we have signed go to do with anything?

Who gives a shit what profit we are making on him..... just leave there to rot if we are going to pay 16m for him....

You can get a vastly superior player in Remy for that amount of money or you can get two very good defenders and a decent 3rd choice for that money.

Just ignore the nostalgia and romanticism for a moment think this through.....

16m for Andy Carroll, ignore any profit's on the 35m deal or how it would make Liverpool look who gives a flying f*ck about that seriously.

Andy Carroll who has a career record of 45 goals in 160 games and you want us to spend 16m on him?

ffs.  :idiot2:

16m is probably a bit pricey tbh.

That said, it's not like if we don't get Carroll we're going to spend that money elsewhere. It'll be Carroll or nobody IMO, and while I'd rather we went for a different type of player I do think Carroll would be a great addition to the team.

Who gives a shit what profit we are making on him..... just leave there to rot if we are going to pay 16m for him....

You can get a vastly superior player in Remy for that amount of money or you can get two very good defenders and a decent 3rd choice for that money.

Just ignore the nostalgia and romanticism for a moment think this through.....

16m for Andy Carroll, ignore any profit's on the 35m deal or how it would make Liverpool look who gives a flying f*ck about that seriously.

Andy Carroll who has a career record of 45 goals in 160 games and you want us to spend 16m on him?

ffs.  :idiot2:

Since he made it in the championship he had 58 matches and 28 goals for us.

So that is not that bad is it.

Still i agree money could be spend better, but i really have no clue at the end of the day. :lol:

16m is probably a bit pricey tbh.

That said, it's not like if we don't get Carroll we're going to spend that money elsewhere. It'll be Carroll or nobody IMO, and while I'd rather we went for a different type of player I do think Carroll would be a great addition to the team.

:thup:

Is Remy even interested in coming here? ffs

Pure fantasy guesswork in people's head. Yes £16m is too much for Carroll but it's not vastly over priced and he is a good player

Pure fantasy guesswork in people's head. Yes £16m is too much for Carroll but it's not vastly over priced and he is a good player

Ok then ignoring that we could get Debuchy and Douglas and sort out the defence and get a good 3rd choice for that price.

What ever way you look at it's idiotic.

If it was anyone other than Carroll, you would agree with me but because he's the "returning son" all logic is thrown out the window.

Paying 16m for Carroll now is more stupid considering the form he is in than Liverpool paying 35m when he was in good form.

Atleast he was a dangerous striker then, now he's crap.

Strikers need constant games to stay confident, thats my concern. Id want BA/Cisse to be shown faith if their form wasnt at its best, so that they could reach the potential theyve shown. You have another big Striker on the bench it adds a lot of pressure to drop players easily, not sure we need that. Ba already moans when hes barely out of position, you can imagine what hed be like.

I'm not too fussed with age, but I'd prefer a different profile of attacker to Carroll. We're already struggling to fit two 'number 9s' in the same team, I can't imagine how it would be adding another one (for a lot of money). We probably need another Bellamy-type, who can be a supporting striker in a 4-4-2 or a wide attacker in a 4-3-3.

I fear though, that Pardew might just be feigning lost interest to try and get Liverpool desperate.

Ok then ignoring that we could get Debuchy and Douglas and sort out the defence and get a good 3rd choice for that price.

What ever way you look at it's idiotic.

If it was anyone other than Carroll, you would agree with me but because he's the "returning son" all logic is thrown out the window.

Paying 16m for Carroll now is more stupid considering the form he is in than Liverpool paying 35m when he was in good form.

Atleast he was a dangerous striker then, now he's crap.

Nor having that 16 million now is more stupid than the Dippers spending 35 million then like. Liverpoo haven't used him properly at all.